Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: RX 130s for $349 25.5/26.5/27.5

Not sure if anyone else is looking for these but this is a pretty good deal for some common sizes with free shipping (and no tax for me to CO). Don't know anything about the seller they may be horrible heathens like BC.com but they seem to have good reviews

https://shop.sportsbasement.com/products/rx-131
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Sports Basement is a legit chain of stores in the Bay Area, great retailer

27.5s are gone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    27.5s are gone

That's ok, wasn't some guy on here a couple months ago saying 130's were too stiff for us anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    That's ok, wasn't some guy on here a couple months ago saying 130's were too stiff for us anyway?
    Ah fuck I forgot about that. I guess I'll have to sell my 27.5s when they arrive if anyone wants them
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Thanks for the heads up. Love these things and that’s a solid price for new….such a great boot for riding lifts.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I got some near new 25.5 LVs if anyone is looking.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I’m looking for a new 25.5 liner if anyone buys and will be swapping out the stock liner.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Wait. I thought someone else said 130s weren’t stiff enough. Now I’m confused.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If anyone grabbed 26.5 and wants to unload I am game.

Been skiing 26.5 130s in LV and I think LV is not right for me as it hurts my forefoot too much even when fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    If anyone grabbed 26.5 and wants to unload I am game.

Been skiing 26.5 130s in LV and I think LV is not right for me as it hurts my forefoot too much even when fitted.
    If you get some I might be interested in your LVs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Ah fuck I forgot about that. I guess I'll have to sell my 27.5s when they arrive if anyone wants them
    Haha. I wish they had my size. My shells are getting a little old and those are great boots.

Just got my order and they sent LV instead of MV.......web page specifically indicated 100mm. Hope others don’t have the same issue.....bummed

I have some 24.5 LV that I’m luke warm on if anyone wants em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    Just got my order and they sent LV instead of MV.......web page specifically indicated 100mm. Hope others don’t have the same issue.....bummed

Ah shit I'm hoping that's not the case with these they do specifically say 100mm. Mine should be here in the next couple days

Great deal.
    If anyone looking and missed out on 26.5 I have a pair of MV/100mm last I was going to sell in the fall. PM me.

Pros: cheaper than these, brand new never worn, have the nicer cam lock strap like RS not the velcro
    Cons: older version, black/green pre dual core (17/18 maybe??)

I got mine today and they are the regular RX 130, not the LV. I was worried there for a sec

I got mine today and they are the regular RX 130, not the LV. I was worried there for a sec
    Cool. Glad to hear.

Cool. Glad to hear.

Were they able to remedy things for you or do they not have the MV in that size in stock? You may be able to finagle another retailer into matching this price if all else fails

I'm actually a bit surprised by the width of these. I'm coming from an ~11 year old RS 130 Wide with a few side punches and these almost feel wider right out of the box

Tahoepa, are you going to keep those? If they are the 97mm last, I would be interested.

Were they able to remedy things for you or do they not have the MV in that size in stock? You may be able to finagle another retailer into matching this price if all else fails

I'm actually a bit surprised by the width of these. I'm coming from an ~11 year old RS 130 Wide with a few side punches and these almost feel wider right out of the box
    Free shipping label and a refund.......so yes remedied

They revised the last when they introduced dual core materials. In me experience the new last is noticeably roomier in the toe box, similar in the mid foot and a bit snugger in the heel than the previous RX.

I picked up a backup pair when they were blowing them out on prodeal earlier this season. Great boot.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    They revised the last when they introduced dual core materials. In me experience the new last is noticeably roomier in the toe box, similar in the mid foot and a bit snugger in the heel than the previous RX.

I picked up a backup pair when they were blowing them out on prodeal earlier this season. Great boot.
    That's gotta be the case - I put them on side by side with my RS 130 Wides which are packed out to all oblivion and I have noticeably more room in the toe box in the RX but mid foot feels right on. They feel good right now but worried I'll have too much room as they pack out. I'm wondering if I need the 97mm last version with some punches to keep them snug which is strange to me since I have a decently wide and high volume foot

That's gotta be the case - I put them on side by side with my RS 130 Wides which are packed out to all oblivion and I have noticeably more room in the toe box in the RX but mid foot feels right on. They feel good right now but worried I'll have too much room as they pack out. I'm wondering if I need the 97mm last version with some punches to keep them snug which is strange to me since I have a decently wide and high volume foot
    Well...if you're concerned that the 130 flex is not enough , the LV version is stiffer since it is the same outer last with a smaller plug inside -- yielding a couple extra mm of plastic in the boot.

I never skied the previous gen LV RX with a stock liner. With aftermarket MV intuition I skied it with a small width punch on the toe. In the current LV RX I need a 1.5mm bontex shim to put my foot in the right spot (and a small heel lift since breaking my ankle/losing dorsiflexion). Other than that I can ski it out of the box. No movement in the heel, good midfoot, and comfy toes. Maybe a fraction less precise for me but at the benefit of making a day patrolling in them much nicer.

Maybe I'm late to the party but 27.5's are back in stock