Walden Magic Model

I bought a used 9 footer last night. One of the epoxy ones, not one shaped by Steve Walden.
    Anybody ride one of these ? Cant wait to get it in the water.

I have a new Harbor on order , placed the order at the end of December and still waiting.
    My old harbor is 20 years old and I figured it was time for a replacement.

So now Im at worked and all stoked out like a little kid. I see a nice south swell coming in friday and saturday and may even go big and take the boat out to point loma

yeeehawww

Have not surfed that one, but from my experience, epoxy 9 footers flooooooaaaaat.

My long board is only 57 years old, and not ready to replace that one just yet. Tho I do need to mend the nose before I get it in the water again.

New boards are fun.

I always rent an 8’-6” every time I go to Costa Rica. I’ve tried many different boards. I rent that Walden every time and try others to compare. I always end up on the Walden. I’ve stopped trying other boards at this point. I’m 6’3”, 144 lbs.

It paddles so fast. Catches everything. It’s fun when your on the wave. I bring a more performance center fin and take off the stock one. Board becomes a bit more maneuverable and turns better.

I use it in thigh high to head high or just over head.

I’d buy one in a second if I could fly it around. Only reason I don’t own one is the travel issues.

With that said I’ve been jonesing to try a Torque Tec the Don 9’-0”. A little more tip rocker and a bit more performance looking tail. Any beta on this board and how it might compare to the Walden?

Got the Walden out Friday in some fairly big junky surf at Sunset Cliffs. Beach was blown out from the overnight southwest wind so I took a chance on the cliffs. Had it alone for a bit over an hour. 2-3 feet overhead, junky drops with some ok faces from time to time.
    Board is a performer. Really liked the way it hugged the face on the steep ones. easy to paddle too.
    Its a keeper for sure. Maybe the best second hand board I ever bought

My buddy has two, the epoxy one you bought and the original glassed. He loves them. I am surfing 15+ year old boards shaped by Dennis Murphy. If I break one it will be a sad day, so no big surf for me Thanks for the swell update, I need to pay attention and see if I can get the band back together for a session or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So, I want to know you guys opinion on my wait time for a new board and if Im being an ass to hurry it along , or should I ask for my cash back

I ordered 22 weeks ago. Harbor, Seal Beach . My third Custom board from Harbor but Rich retired and now when I ask where Im at all I get is " Its at the Glass shop " I have been told that for 9 weeks now

I need to get the boat out to donuts and dolphins . Havent been out there in a couple of years