Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 226
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Sound like comedian Steven Wright...
    Saw him when I was in college. My favorite Steven Wright bit was when he picked up a hitchhiker and said to him “hold on- I’m gonna try something.”

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This grits thread just won’t drift

    Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea.
    You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it.
    There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo.
    Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.
    There's pineapple shrimp,
    lemon shrimp,
    coconut shrimp,
    pepper shrimp,
    shrimp soup,
    shrimp stew,
    shrimp salad,
    shrimp and potatoes,
    shrimp burger,
    shrimp sandwich.
    That- that's about it
    Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

    I’m already on my way back north so I don’t think I’ll have any mo grits reports. I could use a recommendation for what brand of instant grits to buy though.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    14,696
    I think there's a difference between posting something blatantly off topic and a series of posts that end up steering the discussion to a different topic than intended by the op. I contend that only the latter is true thread drift. The former is "Wrong thread/forum JONG!".

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,828
    Exactly

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    23,685
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I think there's a difference between posting something blatantly off topic and a series of posts that end up steering the discussion to a different topic than intended by the op. I contend that only the latter is true thread drift. The former is "Wrong thread/forum JONG!".
    What about random thread drift since "steering" is intended?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    14,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What about random thread drift since "steering" is intended?
    My statement covers that. Theres intentional external steering and then there's self steering, such as the random kind.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,255
    Ice-cube was considered for the role of Bubba in Forrest Gump - in an alternate universe this happened and people watch that version

    Name:  bubba-640x324.jpeg
Views: 89
Size:  26.7 KB

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Ice-cube was considered for the role of Bubba in Forrest Gump - in an alternate universe this happened and people watch that version

    Name:  bubba-640x324.jpeg
Views: 89
Size:  26.7 KB
    i read once that chapelle was also considered.
    you don't want no smoke.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What about random thread drift since "steering" is intended?
    The car still goes somewhere even if you let go of the steering wheel.

    But it doesn't suddenly become a moped.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But it doesn't suddenly become a moped.
    unless you get a dui
    you don't want no smoke.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    23,685
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My statement covers that. Theres intentional external steering and then there's self steering, such as the random kind.
    Disagree. Steering to a particular topic is different than a selection of random duck waddles or extemporaneous banana bread.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    14,696
    Attention span theater. My family is good at that as we are all highly ADHD.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    23,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The car still goes somewhere even if you let go of the steering wheel.

    But it doesn't suddenly become a moped.
    This.
    Besides, ladle grills shouldn't torque wet strainers. Spanktacular thunderbungies and all.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    unless you get a dui
    Not if Dan Samas is on the case.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Not if Dan Samas is on the case.
    if i am ever in the seattle area and run into trouble, i now know who to call.
    you don't want no smoke.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    14,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Disagree. Steering to a particular topic is different than a selection of random duck waddles or extemporaneous banana bread.
    They are both thread drift and different than a blatantly off topic post. That's my point. And I disagree with your disagreement. Take away the knowledge that anybody is acting intentionally and they appear the same.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    18,273
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They are both thread drift and different than a blatantly off topic post. That's my point. And I disagree with your disagreement. Take away the knowledge that anybody is acting intentionally and they appear the same.
    I find your disagreement disagreeable.

    It's what Hitler would do.

    (there, that's how you do thread drift!)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    23,685
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They are both thread drift and different than a blatantly off topic post. That's my point. And I disagree with your disagreement. Take away the knowledge that anybody is acting intentionally and they appear the same.
    But disagreeing with disagreement doesn't necessarily infer agreement.


    To hell with your off toast pockets, cheese filled or not. Sometimes it's just best to let the water turn black, no just light underneath and overhead too. How do you get your water so dark?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,452
    "I came in here for an argument"

    "Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse!"

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    9,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    But disagreeing with disagreement doesn't necessarily infer agreement.


    To hell with your off toast pockets, cheese filled or not. Sometimes it's just best to let the water turn black, no just light underneath and overhead too. How do you get your water so dark?
    I love the scene in that movie when Dick Shawn auditions for the role of Hitler. One of the best movie scenes ever


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    13,817
    What’s the best gene wilder role?

    Wonka?
    Blazing saddles?
    Silver streak?
    Producers?

    I can’t decide
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    3,000
    I'd go Young Frankenstein.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'd go Young Frankenstein.
    I agree that Young Frankenstein beats Blaziing Saddle based purely on Wilder’s role because he’s sort of a supporting character in Blazing Saddles.... but Frisco kid and stir crazy are worth consideration as well

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,697
    Why the hell was the thread, Padded Room Special Collection Of Junk That More Than Likely Will Be NSFW closed?

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Why the hell was the thread, Padded Room Special Collection Of Junk That More Than Likely Will Be NSFW closed?
    Oh you mean Part 1. You almost gave me a heart attack, man. Part 1 was closed because it was ahead of its time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •