Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Field goal not blocked, punt not blocked and GB wins.. Heck punt not blocked and GB wins..
    Are you kidding? That’s why you have and pay and put up with what is considered by himself and many others as the best offensive player in the NFL. He had to score more than 13 points in a home game. That’s it. That’s all.
    focus.

Field goal not blocked, punt not blocked and GB wins.. Heck punt not blocked and GB wins..
    see above -
    the way SF has played for two months, and
    the way GB's Special teams have NOT played all season, ,,,
    when that field goal was blocked, my gut reaction was,
    ' they will lose this game. '

it was like 2007. and 2011. and 2014.

this loss is part of Rodgers' legacy.
    ( no one will remember the punter in five years... )

technically, you are correct.
    and this loss is on Rodgers. and MattLafluer.

And the SF Defense.

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Unless Collinsworth or Romo is doing commentary I fast forward between plays unless they're going no huddle or there's an interesting play I want to see replayed. Nothing to be gained listening to Troy Aikman tell me that they have to score more points if they want to win. Or that 3rd down with 2 min to play is an important play.
    I almost always record the games because I'm out doing stuff on the farm or running errands etc. Works out great. I can skip commentary and commercials.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Are you kidding? That’s why you have and pay and put up with what is considered by himself and many others as the best offensive player in the NFL. He had to score more than 13 points in a home game. That’s it. That’s all.
    That effort isn't usually enough to win in ideal conditions.. But, last night, without the horrible special teams disasters, that effort absolutely was enough to win. He didn't play great but it was well enough to win without that punt block..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That effort isn't usually enough to win in ideal conditions.. But, last night, without the horrible special teams disasters, that effort absolutely was enough to win. He didn't play great but it was well enough to win without that punt block..
    respectfully, SJG, no -

GB ranked last in Special teams play -
    a lot of us were not surprised that punt was blocked : that looked like a 'horrible disaster' . for that team, it was Not surprising.

Rodgers - as he has done in too many playoff games in the last ten years - ... Rodgers played not to lose. he took some hits last night.,

but to flick the ball out of bounds with inexperienced linemen down field, the seventeen year vet. either has to step out of bounds With that ball, or pretend he is JoshAllen or PatrickMahomes or f*-ing Forty-four years old TomBrady and RUN toward a first down.

He could not let a Dangerous team like SF be within one score in the fourth quarter.
    six points after the first possession ? no, he did not play well enough to win ( he did not ) ; he was playing not-to-lose - and he lost. Again. to SF.

They own him.

skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 01-23-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Boy and I stopped into the neighborhood bar+grill for a bite and it’s already wall to wall Mafiosos. 3 hours before game time. I love it.

Also, I’m not sure where all these Bills fans came from.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    respectfully, SJG, no -

GB ranked last in Special teams play -
    a lot of us were not surprised that punt was blocked : that looked like a 'horrible disaster' . for that team, it was Not surprising.

Rodgers - as he has done in too many playoff games in the last ten years - ... Rodgers played not to lose. he took some hits last night.,

but to flick the ball out of bounds with inexperienced linemen down field, the seventeen year vet. either has to step out of bounds With that ball, or pretend he is JoshAllen or PatrickMahomes or f*-ing Forty-four years old TomBrady and RUN toward a first down.

He could not let a Dangerous team like SF be within one score in the fourth quarter.
    six points after the first possession ? no, he did not play well enough to win ( he did not ) ; he was playing not-to-lose - and he lost. Again. to SF.

They own him.

skiJ
    So you're basically saying he should have been playing well enough to compensate for special teams giving up 10 points? Add in that an offensive tackle being downfield on a broken play was also his fault? Got it.

I'm glad he lost.. Just don't think it's all on him or even mostly on him. agree to disagree..

P.S. I'd take Rogers the football player over the starters on the teams I actually like, especially the current home team Panthers.. and former home team Cowboys, Giants, and Vikings. He's still way better than those clowns..

Rogers the person is a horrible human being though..

Would really love to see an all-upset weekend here. Halfway there.

Bengals-Bills AFC championship and Niners-Rams NFC would be awesome. Bills-Rams Superbowl. Bills win, and "Upstate" becomes anything north of Manhattan.

Fuck Brady and Mahomes, nobody wants to see that again, its Georgia Alabama.

Tom just got punched in the mouth and the refs didn’t appreciate his feelings about that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Tom just got punched in the mouth and the refs didn’t appreciate his feelings about that.
    I really enjoyed the entire exchange. The outrage!
    focus.

Nothing makes me happier than watching Brady cry, hope to see some big tears at the end of this one.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I’m irrationally angry that Stafford is doing so well after watching him try to win with the Lions for years.

And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

I'm glad the GB 9rs game turned out the way it did.. If your aunt wants to add some balls and be an uncle I'll support that decision..

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Would really love to see an all-upset weekend here. Halfway there.

Bengals-Bills AFC championship and Niners-Rams NFC would be awesome. Bills-Rams Superbowl. Bills win, and "Upstate" becomes anything north of Manhattan.

Fuck Brady and Mahomes, nobody wants to see that again, its Georgia Alabama.
    Bucs not getting any help from the rams today, for sure

You may be Nostradamus

O-kee-doeky ......,.,., this is getting embarrassing.

Bad snap and JPP gets a hnd on it!

Come on rams, don't blow this. Jfc.

Well that call won’t be discussed ad nauseam for the next week.

So you're basically saying he should have been playing well enough to compensate for special teams giving up 10 points?
    I'd say this is accurate. GB at Lambeau...when it's freezing...in the playoffs? O HAS to put up > 13pts. The powerful...juggernaut...best QB not named "TB" over the last decade... ABSOLUTELY has to put up more than 13.

This loss is on him (and the coach).
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    GB at Lambeau...when it's freezing...in the playoffs? O HAS to put up > 13pts. The powerful...juggernaut...best QB not named "TB" over the last decade... ABSOLUTELY has to put up more than 13.
    Yup.

What is it with the Pack? They’ve had basically HOF qb play for 30ish years and won two titles.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Come on rams, don't blow this. Jfc.
    Playing not to lose - you know where that gets you!

Brady being Brady. 1 possession game!!

This is nuts.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."