Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You'd think Mike White was the front runner for MVP around here this am. Jest fans are funny.
    How ironic would it be if after all the wasted high draft picks looking for a QB the Jets get their answer from a scrub nobody has heard of? Then again it is the Jets, so probably par for the course.

Side note-Anybody who bets a lot of money on the NFL is nuts (and probably broke). So unpredictable. Look at the crazy upsets week after week. Last week people were talking about the Bengals being a top team and then they allow the weaponless Jets to score 34 on them, with a backup QB.

The Vikings confuse me - all these superstar playmakers and they run a dink & dunk offense. Checkdown Kirk is a waste of time. Their highly paid defense is always MIA too.
    Sounds like Derrick Henry might miss some time. Fuck. The league is better when he is stiff arming or trucking defenders into orbit.

Out for the rest of the regular season at least. Such a bummer. That dude balls out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Out for the rest of the regular season at least. Such a bummer. That dude balls out.
    That sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had the exact same injury - hurts like hell and takes a long time to heal.

Dallass should trade Pollard to the Titans for some defensive help.

The opposition won't need to load up the box anymore.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Von Miller to the Rams. Woah

And the Broncos officially throw in the towel. Wonder if we could trade the coaching staff away as well? Has there ever been a team that won a game with worse coaching than that display yesterday?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Good trade for both teams

Ugh. Really wanted to see him be the first to get back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Good trade for both teams
    I think it's win for the Broncos and an overpay by the Rams. That's a lot for an old, expensive player on an expiring deal.

Vonn could certainly be the piece that brings the Rams a Lombardi trophy. I see why they did it. But if it doesn't work out...

Next year the Rams have no 1st, 2nd or 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    In a league that chews up players as quickly as they come into the pros, that doesn't seem like a sustainable path to success.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In a league that chews up players as quickly as they come into the pros, that doesn't seem like a sustainable path to success.

Look at what they traded away for Stafford. Pure desperation with no eye to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Look at what they traded away for Stafford. Pure desperation with no eye to the future.
    I think I agree, but they've been doing it for years (2 1sts for Jaylen Ramsey) and it has been working ok.

They have a "studs and duds" roster, but their studs are all at high priority positions. That's hard to do.

If 10 other teams tried their strategy, I'd bet 8 or 9 of them would fail. Over the last ~5 years, I give them a ton of credit for being bold, shedding sunk costs without hesitation (Cooks, Gurley, Goff) and hitting on lots of FA/Draft/Trade talent.

Rams are in win now mode at the very least.

I think Belichick is an anomoly in keeping competitive teams on the field most years. With a salary cap it is pretty hard to do that and you need to go for broke to win a championship.
    Live Free or Die

Great trade for the Broncos IMO. Remains to be seen whether it's a great/good/shitty trade for the Rams.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I think it's win for the Broncos and an overpay by the Rams. That's a lot for an old, expensive player on an expiring deal.

Vonn could certainly be the piece that brings the Rams a Lombardi trophy. I see why they did it. But if it doesn't work out...

I agree, the Rams are betting heavily on Von being a difference maker in a SB run this year. Can't fault them for trying but it's risky.

No brainer deal for the Broncos, a bad team that's not going to the playoffs with or without Von, and they'd lose him in FA after this season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    They have a "studs and duds" roster, but their studs are all at high priority positions. That's hard to do.

If 10 other teams tried their strategy, I'd bet 8 or 9 of them would fail. Over the last ~5 years, I give them a ton of credit for being bold, shedding sunk costs without hesitation (Cooks, Gurley, Goff) and hitting on lots of FA/Draft/Trade talent.
    Spot on. They have a D lineman who can't be blocked and probably the best CB in the game. That takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the D. Hell, Donald and Ramsey take pressure off the whole organization.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    And the Broncos officially throw in the towel. Wonder if we could trade the coaching staff away as well? Has there ever been a team that won a game with worse coaching than that display yesterday?
    Yep. I vote we fire Fangio now and get a head start on the Kellen Moore sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Yep. I vote we fire Fangio now and get a head start on the Kellen Moore sweepstakes.
    I hear George Paton and Dan Quinn are buddies from their time at the Jets 15 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yeah, I had the exact same injury - hurts like hell and takes a long time to heal.

Dallass should trade Pollard to the Titans for some defensive help.
    That would make sense but running the ball and controlling the clock keeps their D off the field.
    Dallas D played will yesterday, but is not that good, just been getting a lot of turnovers but giving up big chunks. Demarcus Lawrence will be back in a couple of weeks and that will help.

How did Drew Brees get so much hair?…..

He's not just the president of Hair Club for Men, he's also a client?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    How ironic would it be if after all the wasted high draft picks looking for a QB the Jets get their answer from a scrub nobody has heard of? Then again it is the Jets, so probably par for the course.
    I didn’t watch the game and have no idea if he’s the next Peyton Manning or not but I wouldn’t discount the Jets ability to ruin any potential quarterback. Who knows if any of them would have turned into something if they didn’t come up in the Jets….

Personally I think bad organizations can ruin good quarterbacks in a way that can be difficult to come back from.