Page 114 of 117 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Breaking news! Robert Kraft is bothered by the Patriots' 3-year playoff skid. What's that you say? They only missed one year of the playoffs? Uh, well, yeah, he's bothered because it's been 3 years since they last won a playoff game. Wow, man, that must be rough.

Yes, this was a legitimate "front page" ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-playoff-skid
    Anything for a click these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If he'd take some of his $230MM and a portion of his jersey sales and donate it to a battered woman massage therapist charity or something, it might go some way to recovering his image...without admitting guilt of course.
    way cheaper, and nfl tested, to find Jesus. Fixes all the pr woes

Breaking news! Robert Kraft is bothered by the Patriots' 3-year playoff skid. What's that you say? They only missed one year of the playoffs? Uh, well, yeah, he's bothered because it's been 3 years since they last won a playoff game. Wow, man, that must be rough.

Yes, this was a legitimate "front page" ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-playoff-skid
    Maybe he can convince the people under him to draft/sign weapons...

Pats are not a bad team, but average WR/TE with an average QB won't get it done in the AFC playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The guy is African American, so ya, he found Jesus a longtime ago. Jesus told him it is all good as he is forgiven for believing in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Vick was convicted, served his time, and rebuilt his career. That's a success story.

Let's be frank - the NFL is never going to be a moral compass. "Troubled" players will continue to see the field, regardless of their transgressions, unless incarcerated. Team owners will continue to raid public coffers for new and upgraded facilities in the name of "job growth" and "public-private partnerships", economics be damned. Their lawn sign activism around BLM, women and LGBTQ+ is just part of their marketing campaign. Concussions and CTE? Minor distractions.

It's an entertainment business, and that machine isn't stopping for anyone.
    Right? Just like the movie biz, you get slapped, you keep going.

Cry me a fucking river.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If you’re an owner and not bothered by missing the playoffs or losing in the playoffs, you should sell the team
    Many, many, many Major League Baseball team owners would like a word.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Just ask the Rev. Ray Lewis and Brother Ben Roethlisberger.
    I still call it The Jake.

NFL 2021/2022

Hey man, neither of my kids have never witnessed a Patriots Superbowl or even playoff win. The eldest is potty trained already.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Apparently Arians will be working in the front office for the Bucs this year and Bowles will be the Head Coach..

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Apparently Arians will be working in the front office for the Bucs this year and Bowles will be the Head Coach..
    That's why TB12 unretired!

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    That's why TB12 unretired!
    Maybe.. I don't really buy the narrative that Brady and Arians were butting heads, but who really knows.. Arians is one of the older coaches.. maybe it's getting hard to run around in the Florida heat smacking your players lol

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Maybe.. I don't really buy the narrative that Brady and Arians were butting heads, but who really knows.. Arians is one of the older coaches.. maybe it's getting hard to run around in the Florida heat smacking your players lol
    BA drove a golf cart around to monitor practice. I think the torn Achilles was just a cover for being lazy.

Hey, guess who's gonna join Johnny Football in the FCFL?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Antonio Brown? Josh Gordon? Any number of former Browns #1 picks?

I can't recall did he play on the Browns too?

Name:  Terrell-Owens-600x338.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  41.4 KB

They tried to woo him at one point.

Is Ocho Cinco looking for something to do? This seems right up his alley.

TO?

Pete Carroll was spot on in context of his comments about owners accepting that qualified people might look and act differently than themselves. From personal experience of long time working relationships with African American professionals. You’re not going to get the same personal interaction and communication but that doesn’t mean less capable or qualified. Like Eddy Murphy talking about banana in the tailpipe. Glad to hear Pete speak out.

during WFR i started listening to a podcast by a former punter, pat mcafee. the content is often on the vulgar side, so not something i'd listen to without headphones around my young kid... but generally very entertaining, despite some of the usual bro-type schtick and whatnot- and there's often unique interviews/guests. TO was on the show yesterday talking about the potential for a return to the NFL nearly 50 yrs old. they'd been doing a weekly thing with aaron rodgers that became more of an event following his 'immunized' status and contract/trade rumors. erin andrews has been on a few times, and was much more profane than i would have guessed. also, there is some pittsburgh bias as mcaffee and some of the cohort are yinzers... which might alienate some potential listeners. the show has also been shaped by a partnership with an online betting company, and pat's increasing involvement with WWE/pro-wrestling. when able, i prefer to watch the daily youtube stream instead of listening via XM.

anyone else on that train?
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    anyone else on that train?
    I'll put on the YouTube live stream some days doing things around the house or while at work and don't want music.. usually only during the season though.. show isn't as good in the off season

If you like the Erin Andrews interviews, she has her own podcast and some of them are good.. she had one with McAfee as the guest and I remember liking it

I like the Macaffee show a lot for a sports show. I much prefer ex players with real perspective than random talking heads. I listen a bit each day usually at my desk or doing stuff around the house.

NFL 2021/2022

Well TO is not just talking apparently he’s joining the Fan Controlled Football League and his QB is expected to be Johnny Manziel. Huh….

ETA , sorry late to the party lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I guess he hasn't been selling enough wine.

TO could have played for years longer if he wasn’t such a jackass.

Antonio Brown is listening.

Dwayne Haskins killed trying to cross a highway — hit by a dump truck