Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Patriots had 19 passing yards, NINETEEN, and won! What a bizarre game. Credit to the Pats for executing an antique gameplan to perfection.

Fuck, 7-5 and two games back in the East, I don’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Pats back in first place in the AFC. Woohoo!!!
    3 Pass attempts.
    Pats call the zero blitz only once and it was on the Bills final snap on offense. Ballsy.

Rematch should be a good one.

Bills are very well coached. AFC has a sizable coaching advantage over the NFC, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Wow what a game. You wouldn’t want every game to be played like that but those are fun once a season.

Introducing… the number one seed AFC leaders_________ the New England Patriots! It’s been a long drought but great to see this team finally turn itself around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Haha, what, a two year drought?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haha, what, a two year drought?
    My 2.5 year old has been waiting his whole life.

McD needs to realize they can’t run the ball no matter how much they want to.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, if they didn't before last night, at least they know now they need to draft a running game this April.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Well, if they didn't before last night, at least they know now they need to draft a running game this April.
    QFT

Moss had a pretty clear shot to bounce that one to the right corner of the end zone on the last drive and he just plows ahead into the pile. I'm done with Daboll at this point since he's calling that shit. And McD should be telling him to do otherwise.

Go Bills

^Truth. It's also rarer than a sunny day in Upstate that Singletary can bust through after initial contact. Singleyard should be his last name. Next game vs. Pats, I'm thinking we flip the script on them and have Allen go with an empty backfield all game and pass 45 times in a row...just for fun.

I think the issue this year is this team was built in the offseason to beat the Chiefs who don't have much of a run game and basically fling the football around like bullets at OK Corral. Henry, Taylor and the 3 headed hydra in NE have exposed that weakness on defense and the offense has been just sloppy. Combine the two and you have what we have now.

We have the 2000 Rams offense sans Marshall Faulk

I was pulling for you Mafiosos last night.

Stop on by the Browns Bar if you need a drink and a shoulder to cry on.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I was pulling for you Mafiosos last night.

Stop on by the Browns Bar if you need a drink and a shoulder to cry on.
    Thanks. At least you have sorta funny commercials.

I think the issue this year is this team was built in the offseason to beat the Chiefs who don't have much of a run game and basically fling the football around like bullets at OK Corral. Henry, Taylor and the 3 headed hydra in NE have exposed that weakness on defense and the offense has been just sloppy.
    The Bills aren't alone here. There is a trend around the league to use small, fast linebackers. I think it's a losing trend unless you've got a dominant front and play mostly 4-3 (think 2002 Buccaneers with Brooks and Quarles playing behind Sapp and Rice). "Coverage linebackers" like Matt Milano still can't hold up in man coverage against anyone good, and they get exposed against the run. I think a better, more flexible approach is to invest more in safeties and play big nickel as your de facto base defense.

Thanks. At least you have sorta funny commercials.
    I'm just waiting for the one where Baker decides to post up at the club level bar and just watch the game from there.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    We have the 2000 Rams offense sans Marshall Faulk
    I think you're massively overrating the Bills O line.

Bills D got smashed last night, but overall, they have an elite defense. 16 PPG (2nd in league) and 272 YPG (1st in league). It's more than good enough.
    Biggest problem is the lack of a killer instinct. You can't be a Super Bowl contender when you score 6 points against the Jags and lose to the Patriots, scoring 14 points, when they forget to throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I think you're massively overrating the Bills O line.
    true, sometimes they achieve average as a unit though!

Rematch should be a good one.
    Yes.

That game last night was so strange with the wind factor. Bellichick won with a strategic game plan and the luxury of a solid running team this year. A regular game will be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    true, sometimes they achieve average as a unit though!
    They're not bad. But the Rams line was damn good with this guy at LT:

Bills are very well coached. AFC has a sizable coaching advantage over the NFC, imo.
    They keep losing to teams that are less talented, but well coached. I would actually say that coaching is their biggest issue right now.

And I should confess that in September I checked the date of the super bowl when I was trying to schedule a ski trip... a Bills fan should know better than that. I feel at least partially responsible for what has transpired.

Quote Originally Posted by atree View Post
    They keep losing to teams that are less talented, but well coached. I would actually say that coaching is their biggest issue right now.
    They lost to the Titans, Colts and Pats because they don't have the personnel to stand up to a good power running team. Oliver and Milano in particular are great versus the pass, but get pushed around when you run at them. That's a personnel issue.

The Bills D especially plays smart, cohesive football. And the Josh Allen pass/run combo can only really be slowed down by turnovers (or insane weather). But they could use some beef in the middle of their O line and D. The good news is that the guys they need to add are a lot easier and cheaper to find than some of the guys they already have. And if they match up with the right teams in the playoffs they're definitely good enough to make the SB. They match up well against the Raves, Chiefs, Bengals and Chargers.

They lost to the Titans, Colts and Pats because they don't have the personnel to stand up to a good power running team. Oliver and Milano in particular are great versus the pass, but get pushed around when you run at them. That's a personnel issue.

The Bills D especially plays smart, cohesive football. And the Josh Allen pass/run combo can only really be slowed down by turnovers (or insane weather). But they could use some beef in the middle of their O line and D. The good news is that the guys they need to add are a lot easier and cheaper to find than some of the guys they already have. And if they match up with the right teams in the playoffs they're definitely good enough to make the SB. They match up well against the Raves, Chiefs, Bengals and Chargers.
    Agreed that they match up better or worse depending on the opponent, but their offense has been surprisingly ineffective at times, more due to piss-poor play calling than poor play. I really think deboll is getting out-coached.

All but one of their wins this season have come against basement-dwellers, so it's been hard to gauge how good they really are. Tampa will be a great opportunity to show that they can beat a playoff-caliber opponent. They're around 1-3 against playoff-bound teams so far.

Man I hate and love belichick.

The guy is amazing, always finds a weakness and exploits it. WHo else would have the balls to stick with that game plan and not stray. He puts his players in position to be successful.