Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    the point was that what Rodgers did is worse
    Is it really though? Cheating at a sport < not taking a vaccine?

Will they both get asterisks in the Hall of Fame for this?
    I don't think so.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Da Bears got jobbed. Fuck the squealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That was one of a number of bullshit calls.
    You ain't kidding. I'm still kinda baffled by the taunting call that was followed up with the hip check from the referee.

Browns give All-Pro G Wyatt Teller a 4 year extension today, further shoring up the best line in football. I like it, so far in the last year they've extended: Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and Myles Garrett. Next up is Denzel Ward and of course, Baker.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    Is it really though? Cheating at a sport < deliberately lying to the press and fans because he's a chickenshit weasel?
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Or, and hear me out here, as the ref you understand the situation in the game and you don’t insert yourself into it, making a judgment call in a pivotal moment.

I’ve seen it at least 10 times on crucial 3rd and 4th downs this season.
    Okay, but he was walking TOWARD the Steelers bench for no reason, shoulders squared like a tough guy. WTF? You're a practice squad player and you're going to taunt the entire Pittsburgh Steelers team now because you made one fucking play?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    FIFY

Okay, but he was walking TOWARD the Steelers bench for no reason, shoulders squared like a tough guy. WTF? You're a practice squad player and you're going to taunt the entire Pittsburgh Steelers team now because you made one fucking play?
    I think he was genuinely confused, being a practice squad guy and caught up in the moment. To me, being a dumbass isn't taunting, but I guess to that ref it was.

what was more frustrating was 94 continuously lining up offsides. WTF?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    FIFY

A stupid blustery move without saying anything? Sure. But given the situation of the game and no words were exchanged and no one was touched, the ref single-handedly inserted himself and extended the Steelers drive altering the course of the game on a completely subjective call.

In the grand scheme of things it's way less offensive than say, Mike Tomlin tripping a player running down the field.

I think he was genuinely confused, being a practice squad guy and caught up in the moment. To me, being a dumbass isn't taunting, but I guess to that ref it was.

what was more frustrating was 94 continuously lining up offsides. WTF?
    Agree, I saw him line up offsides for the second play in a row and thought I was somehow misunderstanding the rule because nobody could be THAT stupid, right?

Bottom line is the Bears D looked completely discombobulated in that last drive.

is not following stupid rules in a sport cheating?

He wasn't confused, he knew exactly which sideline was which. That said, he was in the middle of the field and took a couple of steps to the Steelers bench and said nothing. No way should that be called at any time, and certainly not at that time.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Browns give All-Pro G Wyatt Teller a 4 year extension today, further shoring up the best line in football. I like it, so far in the last year they've extended: Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and Myles Garrett. Next up is Denzel Ward and of course, Baker.
    What about OBJ? Have we locked him up yet?

LOL. A Vikings fan is slightly better than being a Lions fan.
    That's a bit over the top. At this point, being a Jets fan is slightly better than being a Lions fan.

For all the hububbub about the Browns and Depression Drinking...the Lions have been terrible FOREVER. Just like the Brownies, they've had glimmers of hope (Barry, Calvin, etc)...but they've always stunk...as long as I've been alive anyways.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    is not following stupid rules in a sport cheating?
    how is deflating a football an advantage? it makes it harder to throw it far. When I through a deflated football I don't think 'wow, this is so much better!' We're not talking about some slick jankity ass football that's been beat to shit. Anyhow, i'll stick to my original position, lying about being vaccinated and exposing your teammates should result in suspensions at least as severe as what Brady got for using slightly underinflated footballs. NFL won't do it of course because they're full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    That's a bit over the top. At this point, being a Jets fan is slightly better than being a Lions fan.

For all the hububbub about the Browns and Depression Drinking...the Lions have been terrible FOREVER. Just like the Brownies, they've had glimmers of hope (Barry, Calvin, etc)...but they've always stunk...as long as I've been alive anyways.
    Totally kidding. Being a Lions fan would be the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Nope, Vikings is the worst.. Getting to and deep in to the playoffs every 3-4 years only to always come up short. Was even worse in the 70s, kinda like the Bills in the 90s.. Losing every game isn't as bad as ALMOST being good but failing over and over...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Had it with refs determining outcomes....taunting? Its football...hell, there should be taunting every play. Afraid their feelings will be hurt?

Now.....get off my lawn!

Ah, the old days before the NFL became woke.

how is deflating a football an advantage? it makes it harder to throw it far. When I through a deflated football I don't think 'wow, this is so much better!' We're not talking about some slick jankity ass football that's been beat to shit. Anyhow, i'll stick to my original position, lying about being vaccinated and exposing your teammates should result in suspensions at least as severe as what Brady got for using slightly underinflated footballs. NFL won't do it of course because they're full of shit.
    300k fine for the packers
    15k fine for Rodgers

guess it’s not as bad as deflating and cheating. The NFL has spoken.

go grab your pitchforks- you now have more to bitch and moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Damn I'm old. I remember that game. Lyons would be suspended for 4 games if that was nowadays,

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Damn I'm old. I remember that game. Lyons would be suspended for 4 games if that was nowadays,
    And we would have had to endure 4 pages of virtue signaling in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    What about OBJ? Have we locked him up yet?
    LOL, they just gave his money to Teller.

Ha! Didn’t that audio make it into Super TecmoBowl or Madden?

And we would have had to endure 4 pages of virtue signaling in this thread.
    How is that different from any other thread?

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

300k fine for the packers
    15k fine for Rodgers

guess it’s not as bad as deflating and cheating. The NFL has spoken.

go grab your pitchforks- you now have more to bitch and moan about.
    Yeah, I don't understand why they bother to fine him and the Pack at all..it's such a tiny amount of money to these guys.

Fran was smart, tied up Bolton and waited for help.

Should be more of this - Jackie Slater vs Ron Gastineau.

https://fb.watch/9bF7cLUF4M/

My first real job as a teenager was slinging burgers at the Jack in the Box around the corner from the Rams practice facility when they were in Anaheim. The players would come in for burgers and Jackie Slater was the largest human being I had ever seen. I had no comprehension how someone could be that big.

Yeah, I don't understand why they bother to fine him and the Pack at all..it's such a tiny amount of money to these guys.
    Also, how could the NFL not know that he was breaking the rules? It's on camera.

Cheating for competitive advantage vs not taking a vaccine, which arguably puts his own team at a competitive disadvantage.