Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Inconceivable!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I laft
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Inconceivable!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That was a crazy game.

Sorry Mafiosos, I was pulling for you.
    I still call it The Jake.

It feels like Derrick Henry is rapidly transforming into a sure-fire hall of famer. More yards over his last 40 games than anyone in any 40 game stretch in history. On pace for a back to back 2000 yd season, never been done. He's a bad man.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It feels like Derrick Henry is rapidly transforming into a sure-fire hall of famer. More yards over his last 40 games than anyone in any 40 game stretch in history. On pace for a back to back 2000 yd season, never been done. He's a bad man.
    Agreed.

Man, that was a game to watch. I'm with you Bmills, was pulling for the Bills. I still think they are the team to beat in the AFC right now.

A crazy and entertaining game!
    The Bills seemed a little sluggish, but they can still put up 30+ on a bad week. They have a 20 game preseason and are training for January games.
    I love watching elite players make big plays, regardless of the jersey they wear. Fans and media overhype many athletic traits, but Henry's strength and speed are one of a kind. He's a monster.

Man, I hated to see the Bills lose that one, but Henry is fantastic.

Bills were awful in red zone (2 of 5) and still scored 30+. I think this slice of humble pie will fuel a 2 week bye where they figure out the red zone and how to rush the QB!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That stat showing Henry’s yards/carry by quarter was scary. By the 4th quarter nobody is stopping him.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It’s tough being 2-4 after two decades of utter dominance.
    At this point I’ll take a losing season where they take a bunch of close losses and get high draft picks for the first time in 2 decades.

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

That QB sneak at the goal line was poorly executed by Allen. Taking a step back gives the Defense way too much time to pile up in front of you. Get the snap and fall forward.

He needs to watch the master of the short yardage QB sneak (Tom Brady). How many TDs has he scored in that position vs how many has he failed to get the 1/2 yard?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

If you can't get bodies on Derek Henry before he gets to the line of scrimmage, it's fucking over. It's just an inhumane act for any safety to have to square up on him coming out of the backfield at full speed.

Declaration: I don't give a fucking shit about truck tailgates.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    If you can't get bodies on Derek Henry before he gets to the line of scrimmage, it's fucking over. It's just an inhumane act for any safety to have to square up on him coming out of the backfield at full speed.
    That one little dude did it last night and got run the fuck over. But he made the tackle. Guy should get a medal of valor. Steve Levy called it a "business decision" to get in front of Henry when he's alone, that made me laugh.

I replayed that a few times. It was truly sacrificial.

Derek Henry is a beast, full stop. I think McD didn't want to face the Titans O again, they were on a roll in the second half.

Tough way to lose

I'm guessing Josh is going to take a pound of flesh from the Dolphins in two weeks

Seeing some of the Titans injuries last night reminded me that this year with the extra game is going to be a challenge to stay healthy. I'm in the "just win the division and get into the playoffs healthy" mindset with my team, and seeing Josh Allen do the fosbury flop over defenders on that second to last play gave me the chills.

This, and don't eat at the Nashville Chipotle before the game. With so many good restaurants in Nashville why are people eating at Chipotle?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

College also scheduled more games than they usually do. Did they do that under the assumption that at least one would get cancelled due to a COVID outbreak? Knocks wood, so far so good..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    That looks like a DB, but last night he pushed a big D lineman that was in good position on his ass. Henry is a bulldozing beast. He hit 21 MPH on that TD run. How is that possible for a guy that big? I have a hard time hitting that on a road bike.
    Agree on Tom Brady being the master of the QB sneak.
    Buffalo is still one of the top 2 teams in the AFC IMO and I think last night's game will just make them hungrier and help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    That looks like a DB, but last night he pushed a big D lineman that was in good position on his ass. Henry is a bulldozing beast. He hit 21 MPH on that TD run. How is that possible for a guy that big?
    Miracles of modern medicine
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Miracles of modern s&c training. Also, being a big dude is less of a hindrance on top speed and more of a hindrance on direction change. Look at 3 cone times vs 40 times with size.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    That looks like a DB, but last night he pushed a big D lineman that was in good position on his ass. Henry is a bulldozing beast. He hit 21 MPH on that TD run. How is that possible for a guy that big? I have a hard time hitting that on a road bike.
    I think it's fair to call him a generational talent. When he's at speed it looks like he's taking half the strides of the guys trying to chase him down.

Micah Hyde was the DB who made that tackle. It was actually pretty amazing he got him down. He was basically stopped and Henry was at a dead run. Yeah he got a bit run over, but he’s a real baller to save that TD.