Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Jimmy G experience comes to an end tonight?

Not at 15/19 and 2 TDs and QB rating of 141.7. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Sure, Shanahan made it easy for him running the ball 44 times and with teh Rams looking like Lambs with the 2 uncharacteristic INTs by Staffy and all the drops and etc.

But any win against LA is a good thing, whether it's against the Dodgers, Rams or Lakers, so I'll take it.

cam fucking newton.

that is all.
    swing your fucking sword.

Lol. I’m sure he’s back and will now have a great second half to his career.

$37 says Brady still has more years as a starter than Cam.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First pass to OBJ goes for an interception. Finishes with 2 receptions for 18 yards. There might be something to this whole OBJ isn’t the man anymore thing.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You’ll be pleased to know that I read this in Warren’s voice without even thinking about it. Well done.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    cam fucking newton.

that is all.
    Happy he looks way healthier than he did last 3 years. I'm still skeptical that his shoulder is good enough to throw the long ball on target. Without that the opponent D keys in that and safeties come up shut down the short stuff.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Totally looks effective, lol.

Pats/Falcons at 8 tonight. Weird time slot. Go pats

No Cordarelle Patterson, things could ugly fast for the dirty birds

The Pats are beating the crap out of teams right now.

Seriously. Their defense is smothering. Mac and their offense is playing well. He he was hitting some small targets too until his int.

The next four weeks will be interesting. Titans, Bills, Colts, Bills. Have teams ever played each other two weeks apart in the regular season?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Seriously. Their defense is smothering. Mac and their offense is playing well. He he was hitting some small targets too until his int.

The next four weeks will be interesting. Titans, Bills, Colts, Bills. Have teams ever played each other two weeks apart in the regular season?

The Browns go Ravens, Bye, Ravens this year which is weird as shit.

The Mac hype is a little over the top, but he'll continue to improve.
    They are going to be a tough out come late December.

If there's a stat for most inopportune times to get sacked and ruin drives, Matt Ryan must be the GOAT.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If there's a stat for most inopportune times to get sacked and ruin drives, Matt Ryan must be the GOAT.
    He's really good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    IDK. He looks better than I would have ever hoped. He’s had some easy games too though where he isn’t being asked to do a ton. The next four games will determine if he’s ROY or not. Belichick is so fucking good though, he doesn’t ask a quarterback to do too much or get in over his head early on. Look at Brady, Cassel, now Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    IDK. He looks better than I would have ever hoped. He’s had some easy games too though where he isn’t being asked to do a ton. The next four games will determine if he’s ROY or not. Belichick is so fucking good though, he doesn’t ask a quarterback to do too much or get in over his head early on. Look at Brady, Cassel, now Jones.
    Exactly. Other teams tank to get the top prospect, only to throw them into a dumpster fire, kill their confidence and force them to try to carry a crap team. Has that ever actually been a successful model? Belichick knows that football is more than one player and does a great job not leaning on rookies too hard until they are ready. If they never make it to "ready", they don't see the field.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I guarantee Mac Jones would be a disaster in the Jaguars system. If TL is talented enough to succeed in that dumpster fire he will be a true great.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Mac is an average QB right now. That's a nice accomplishment for a rookie. But for all the talking heads he has to be either A) one of the greatest rookie QBs ever and the next Brady, or B) a game manager/system QB with a pea shooter for an arm. Nuance doesn't keep you on TV, I guess.

My take on Jones so far:

He reads defenses and moves through progressions remarkably well for a rookie, but not as flawlessly as some of the TV experts seem to think. He's generally quite good at identifying coverages, but is struggling some with recognizing blitzes (especially delayed blitzes). When he does identify a blitz properly he can exploit it. His touch and ball placement are already elite, but he struggles to get enough juice on the ball when he can't set his feet and get his hips into a throw. On a related note he's accurate throwing on the run, but can't drive the ball without setting his feet, so when he rolls out safeties can cheat up a bit. He actually runs better than you'd think in a straight line, but has no burst or ability to change directions.

How do I feel about him as a Pats fan? I'm fucking excited. I think he can be a Ryan/Stafford level QB as his understanding of NFL defenses becomes deeper and more intuitive and he develops his footwork to the point that his arm strength is less of an issue. After a year of watching Cam Newton that sounds pretty great. Could he be more than that? I guess. Some guys just keep improving. But anyone predicting that he'll be a top 5 QB needs to chill. That sort of prediction is based on hope or faith, not evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Mac is an average QB right now. That's a nice accomplishment for a rookie. But for all the talking heads he has to be either A) one of the greatest rookie QBs ever and the next Brady, or B) a game manager/system QB with a pea shooter for an arm. Nuance doesn't keep you on TV, I guess.

My take on Jones so far:

He reads defenses and moves through progressions remarkably well for a rookie, but not as flawlessly as some of the TV experts seem to think. He's generally quite good at identifying coverages, but is struggling some with recognizing blitzes (especially delayed blitzes). When he does identify a blitz properly he can exploit it. His touch and ball placement are already elite, but he struggles to get enough juice on the ball when he can't set his feet and get his hips into a throw. On a related note he's accurate throwing on the run, but can't drive the ball without setting his feet, so when he rolls out safeties can cheat up a bit. He actually runs better than you'd think in a straight line, but has no burst or ability to change directions.

How do I feel about him as a Pats fan? I'm fucking excited. I think he can be a Ryan/Stafford level QB as his understanding of NFL defenses becomes deeper and more intuitive and he develops his footwork to the point that his arm strength is less of an issue. After a year of watching Cam Newton that sounds pretty great. Could he be more than that? I guess. Some guys just keep improving. But anyone predicting that he'll be a top 5 QB needs to chill. That sort of prediction is based on hope or faith, not evidence.
    I mean, he's a rookie. He's playing well enough to beat good teams if the rest of the team executes around him. That's all you can ask for. He's outplayed all the other rookies in this much-heralded draft class.

Dude deserves his kudos. It's easy to see him having a lot of continued success for a long time. I'm not concerned about his arm strength in the least. He obviously has an NFL arm and the coaching staff knows how to take advantage of a player's strengths.

The upcoming Titans and Bills games are going to be absurd slugfests. Bill B. probably has a perma-boner.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

That ball to Bourne last week was one of the best thrown balls by any quarterback in any game this year. Kid has some mojo.

Every QB in the league can make great throws. The question is how many great/good throws vs. how many bad ones? I would say his pick, against that Falcons team, was just as bad as any of his other throws were good. He's rookie for sure, so he has lots of learning to do, but Pats fans need to pump the brakes. He beat a team that looks worse than the Lions do right now.

What has me excited is Mac’s rate of progression rather than the state of current play. To go from shit to an average quarterback in 11 weeks. He is getting better seemingly every week. It doesn’t mean he won’t hit his plateau soon, but it gives me hope.

Man In the Arena is fucking awesome. Can’t wait for the next 9 episodes. GOAT.