Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

I hate to be an old get off my lawn kinda dude but in my day getting a 4.0 was the biggest you could achieve because it meant that you'd gotten nothing but A's throughout your high school career
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I hate to be an old get off my lawn kinda dude but in my day getting a 4.0 was the biggest you could achieve because it meant that you'd gotten nothing but A's throughout your high school career
    No. There’s a new gpa system been around a long time. It’s course weighted

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    blasphemy. Wagner is the second best MLB of his generation and is a lock for HOF.
    He and Patrick Willis both about 6-7x All-pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    No. There’s a new gpa system been around a long time. It’s course weighted
    i got bees and cees and ended with a 3.4.
    swing your fucking sword.

Seattle cops in no way participated in Sherman's arrest. He lives out with all the rich white people in Maple Valley. And his in laws live with the other rich white people in Redmond. We'll find out more soon but sounds like he was obliterated drunk (like two bottles of hard a drunk; blood test results pending). Drove drunk, crashed his car on the freeway, ran away. Somehow made it to his in laws house in Redmond where he was trying to break into the home all while threatening suicide. And as I pointed out above, there is much much more to the story that will likely come out soon. The prosecutor has been on his ass for months and there is a reason why (but it is currently sealed). We should find out soon. It's not a defense that no one got hurt. It's the "intent" that matters. As someone who defends people prosecuted for felony domestic violence by the King County Prosecutor's Office, he is deep shit. His career is over as is his reputation. Sad.

That really, really sounds like CTE.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    His career is over as is his reputation.
    Jerry Jones would like a word.

On another note, I really wish public safety entities wouldn't release 911 calls.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time or something.

And yeah, fuck that noise that Sherman should have just gotten a slap on the wrist because he didn't physically hurt someone. A professional athlete, juiced up on booze, suicidal, and aggressive looking for a fight is a fucked situation for anyone to deal with, let alone non-athletes, women, or older family members.

CTE isn't an excuse for this behavior. It is very unfortunate side effect of football, but it doesn't mean he gets a pass for domestic violence, notably with a past history.

Maybe its not CTE but just a guy who can't handle that his career is likely over anyway and turned to alcohol. That is the more likely scenario right now.
    Live Free or Die

We don't know the circumstances, so I won't talk anymore shit about RS until the dust settles and the World knows what really happened. We all have bad days. To bad he took his a bit to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    On another note, I really wish public safety entities wouldn't release 911 calls.
    911 calls are public records in Washington. Same with police reports once the investigation is complete. Investigation is deemed to have been completed once the police forward the reports to the prosecutor for charging considerations (I understand this is happening today for Sherman). If the police refused to give these up when requested, they can be sued for thousands and thousands of dollars. It's a balance of person's right to privacy versus the public's right to know how their police department and courts operate.

Mug shots are not public records in Washington, unlike other states where they are, which I think is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    CTE isn't an excuse for this behavior. It is very unfortunate side effect of football, but it doesn't mean he gets a pass for domestic violence, notably with a past history.
    It's not an excuse, it's an explanation, or at least part of the explanation.

And as I pointed out above, there is much much more to the story that will likely come out soon. The prosecutor has been on his ass for months and there is a reason why (but it is currently sealed). We should find out soon.
    from what i can find, it is Extreme Risk Protection Order. why is it you say the prosecutor is on his ass? isn't it more likely a family member petitioned the court to issue the order?

I am Seahawk fan but the I find the the sport of football increasingly sickening. They're paid mercenaries, then get carted off and replaced with fresh meat. Pete Carrol is ra ra Mr. Positive but he's just the slave driver orchestrating the show. The number of Seahawks who have gone on to do terrible things, either while on the team, or after they left, is disturbing. I'm waiting for the day Russell Wilson goes ballistic.

My friend who works as a video coordinator for Pac 12 team (so he is actually considered a "coach") tells me he thinks the sport of football has maybe ten more years of existence, tops. The top players are increasingly coming from states like Texas and Florida because people in other states are too smart to let their kids play football.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    from what i can find, it is Extreme Risk Protection Order. why is it you say the prosecutor is on his ass? isn't it more likely a family member petitioned the court to issue the order?
    Yes, the prosecutor can't act without witnesses bringing evidence to the prosecutor. But that tells me someone went to the prosecutor with some serious allegations that Sherman was going to harm himself or others. Not enough to charge him with a crime, but enough to convince the court to issue the order and take away his gun rights (without ever being convicted of a crime). These Extreme Risks Protection Orders are relatively new in Washington State. They can be requested by family or domestic relationship member, the police, or prosecutor. As I mentioned, the whole thing was sealed. That's why none of us heard about this months ago when it was issued. If the media was really on the case, there would have been an article about months ago when this order was issued because when you seal the file, you seal the contents of the court file, but not the name of the court file. So we would have known there was some case against Richard Sherman and that it was sealed. Sometimes media does their job and monitors court files for these things. But normally, someone within the court system, or police or prosecutor's office, tips the media off (sometimes for cash). Not necessarily illegal for them to tip the media off but definitely unprofessional and grounds for discipline. But happens all the time and media defends their sources.

All of the info that was sealed should be on ESPN by this afternoon when the prosecutor announces the formal charges, and includes a probable cause statement that will summarize all the evidence against Sherman. Bail will be imposed but Sherman can afford it so he should be out of jail by tonight.

The Judge found probable cause for four misdemeanors, but no felonies, at today's hearing. Sherman was released without having to post bail. He has a hearing set tomorrow at 2 pm where the prosecutor will announce what charges he faces. While he could still face felonies, I read the probable cause statement and think it's unlikely. The charges the judge found probable cause today for was DUI, Criminal Trespass 2nd (instead of the felony, Attempted Residential Burglary), Malicious Mischief 3rd (for damage to the door), and Resisting Arrest). Sherman's father in law sprayed bear spray on Sherman through a crack in the door. He had his gun ready to shoot Sherman. Sherman's wife said he was drunk and on anit-depressants. Sherman threatened to hang himself and commit suicide by cop.

The Judge found probable cause for four misdemeanors, but no felonies, at today's hearing. Sherman was released without having to post bail. He has a hearing set tomorrow at 2 pm where the prosecutor will announce what charges he faces. While he could still face felonies, I read the probable cause statement and think it's unlikely. The charges the judge found probable cause today for was DUI, Criminal Trespass 2nd (instead of the felony, Attempted Residential Burglary), Malicious Mischief 3rd (for damage to the door), and Resisting Arrest). Sherman's father in law sprayed bear spray on Sherman through a crack in the door. He had his gun ready to shoot Sherman. Sherman's wife said he was drunk and on anit-depressants. Sherman threatened to hang himself and commit suicide by cop.
    i think it is a reasonable assumption that the ERPO was so he couldn't buy a gun to off himself.

I hope he can get whatever help he needs here.

If lahars weren't enough to keep those inlaws up at night, they now have Richard Sherman.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If lahars weren't enough to keep those inlaws up at night, they now have Richard Sherman.
    I'll venmo $50 to the first commentator that works "lahar" into a play call this season, preferably when describing a slow moving but brick shithouse D lineman.
    I still call it The Jake.

Boom. Beasley better get vaxxed up or you upstaters can kiss your playoof hopes bye bye.

The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding
    Today’s memo... also says the team responsible for a canceled game because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff will be responsible for financial losses and subject to potential discipline from the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Boom. Beasley better get vaxxed up or you upstaters can kiss your playoof hopes bye bye.

The NFL just informed clubs that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week season in 2021 due to a COVID outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will FORFEIT and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding
    Today’s memo... also says the team responsible for a canceled game because of an outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff will be responsible for financial losses and subject to potential discipline from the commissioner.

Aren't the Cowboys hovering around 50% vaccinated right now?
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah but they have little hope for the playoffs.

Beasley needs to delete twitter.

Beasley coasted past “distraction” a month ago and is now firmly in “embarrassment” territory.

$6 million to be the Bills #4 wideout, and then this nonsense ? He better check himself ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sad news. NYJ asst coach Greg Knapp passed away, SI reports. Was struck by a car a few days ago while riding his bicycle in CA.

Also coached w/SF, Denver, Seattle, Oakland and others.