Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    716 which ticks me off a little because I’m a Rochester guy and they got moved to 585. I live in 207 so whatevs

Totes

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    It was an old joke from an old Bills friend of mind. Maybe it was they are changing the area code to...
    Ah fkit.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I resemble that remark.
    Alien abduction. He’s already seen them. I’m telling you, it’s a problem.

edit: RE: Vinatieri: He probably just got sick of it.
    Last edited by ötzi; 05-27-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I'm psyched and all but the old Bills fan in me still thinks I should keep my mouth shut so as not to jinx it
    I mean, with Mitch on the team, what could go wrong?

Bye Julio...... was stoked to see him and Pitts on the field at same time.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Football is gay

. . .

Damn, Richard Sherman is a one man crime spree. Held without bond.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ge-denied-bail

Another CTE related incident for a player? Every time I see stuff like this I think of Chris Henry jumping into the back of his fleeing girlfriend's truck as it sped away and trying to open the doors at high speeds on twisty roads. Did not end well.
    I still call it The Jake.

Maybe he was triggered by it being Darelle Revis's birthday, who he's always been compared to and fallen short.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    Maybe he was triggered by it being Darelle Revis's birthday, who he's always been compared to and fallen short.
    "I'm better than you."
    -Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless on whether he was better than Darelle Revis.
    swing your fucking sword.

Damn, Richard Sherman is a one man crime spree. Held without bond.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ge-denied-bail

Another CTE related incident for a player? Every time I see stuff like this I think of Chris Henry jumping into the back of his fleeing girlfriend's truck as it sped away and trying to open the doors at high speeds on twisty roads. Did not end well.
    This fucking guy always came off a shithead to me but he gave a great interview so the entire sports world gave him a pass on stuff.

Side note: It always annoyed me that the 'legion of boom' were basically just a bunch of slightly above average players at best that decided to just commit penalties every play and dare the officials to call them. That basically just felt like cheating to me.
    Live Free or Die

If Richard was still any good, he would be signed by now. After this screw up, which sounds like a Domestic Violence hit, adios dipshat sherman.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm surprised by this. Sherman can be obnoxious but he's a smart guy and he has never struck me as a loose cannon in any way. I hope he's not another CTE victim and that nobody got hurt.

And Sherman has been a great zone corner, which is a valuable thing, but not nearly as valuable as a guy like Revis who could shut down another team's #1 WR without help. But guys like Revis, who can play at that level for more than a few years, are truly rare. Revis, Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders.... thats about it for guys over the last 30 years who could play on an island and dominate year-in-year-out. Even the great Ty Law had some limitations on who you could stick him on (although he played like safety in run support).

There was nothing overrated about the Legion of Boom. Sherman and Thomas played at a HoF level and Chancellor and Browner were great scheme fits too. And no, I'm not a Seahawks fan at all.

Maybe a HOF level if the rulebook was NFL Blitz.

Bet you a dollar not a single one of those guys make the Hall of Fame. Time has not treated the Seahawks legacy well, but to be fair, we have coaching and deciding not to run the ball and win a superbowl to thank more than anything for that.

PS there are plenty of dipshits who went to Stanford on full ride athletic scholarships.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

PS there are plenty of dipshits who went to Stanford on full ride athletic scholarships.
    I still call it The Jake.

Bet you a dollar not a single one of those guys make the Hall of Fame.
    blasphemy. Wagner is the second best MLB of his generation and is a lock for HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    blasphemy. Wagner is the second best MLB of his generation and is a lock for HOF.
    While I would agree Wagner is probably the best talent of the bunch, I would say he's a bubble candidate for the HOF at best currently.

4.4 speed is world class speed at LB I will say though, but ultimately I think stacks his stats a bit as his tackle totals are largely inflated with assists.
    Live Free or Die

Another CTE related incident for a player?
    It wasn't a solitary incident. Sounds like his mental health has been going downhill for the last several months. I'm pretty shocked by the news:

"The King County Sheriff’s Office obtained an extreme risk protection order (ERPO) against Sherman earlier this year to bar him from possessing firearms, according to court records. The petition was sealed by a Superior Court judge, so details are unknown. Under state law, "ERPOs can be sealed if there are no other active protection orders against the restrained party, no pending violations of the order, and evidence of full compliance with the relinquishment of firearms."

While I would agree Wagner is probably the best talent of the bunch, I would say he's a bubble candidate for the HOF at best currently.

4.4 speed is world class speed at LB I will say though, but ultimately I think stacks his stats a bit as his tackle totals are largely inflated with assists.
    6 first team all-pro nods and a ring. and he is 31.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm surprised by this. Sherman can be obnoxious but he's a smart guy and he has never struck me as a loose cannon in any way. I hope he's not another CTE victim and that nobody got hurt.
    Agreed on all points, very surprised to see this today.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...87522063114244

this all sounds like some bullshit. they have "Richard Sherman booked for domestic violence" plastered all over ESPN. that don't seem quite right when he didn't lay a hand on anybody. and of course they sicked the fuckin dogs on him to boot.

This fucking guy always came off a shithead to me but he gave a great interview so the entire sports world gave him a pass on stuff.

Side note: It always annoyed me that the 'legion of boom' were basically just a bunch of slightly above average players at best that decided to just commit penalties every play and dare the officials to call them. That basically just felt like cheating to me.
    Sherman is very bright and articulate. I am very surprised by these allegations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...87522063114244

this all sounds like some bullshit. they have "Richard Sherman booked for domestic violence" plastered all over ESPN. that don't seem quite right when he didn't lay a hand on anybody. and of course they sicked the fuckin dogs on him to boot.
    Yeah. Fucking Seattle cops trying to commit violence against a black man who doesn’t deserve it, then throw the book at him for “resisting”

NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. Fucking Seattle cops trying to commit violence against a black man who doesn’t deserve it, then throw the book at him for “resisting”
    That is what happens when you go play for San Francisco.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Sherman always seemed unhinged but based on his educational achievements I thought it was an act:

A scholar-athlete, he was salutatorian (ranked second) in his high school class. He graduated from high school with a 4.2 GPA.