Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If I were the neighbor I would share the terminus of the drive in a gesture of goodwill on hopes my view wouldn’t get fucked. But I also understand people are dicks as well.

Thanks for the info all

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ed Orschel is da man
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If I were the neighbor I would share the terminus of the drive in a gesture of goodwill on hopes my view wouldn’t get fucked. But I also understand people are dicks as well.

Thanks for the info all

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Here is a nice little place I am working on.
    2 stories. They haven't even moved dirt yet and this place has probably doubled in cost.
    I should have been a lawyer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 3.32.39 PM.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	719.9 KB 
ID:	374588

On the more detailed drawings, the ARCH has each room labeled with the kids' names.
    My electrician said,"Who the hell wants dirtbag contractors knowing where their kid's room is?"
    I haven't seen the security system plans, but I am imagining they are extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    There's a big labor shortage in my area. .
    Can't build with dwarves?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

the answer is no
    the advice is don't do it

benny seems stuck in line trying enter a national park right thinking he's the only vaxed traveler in the country
    lifts are still spinning in breck and he put his skis away months ago

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    2 stories. They haven't even moved dirt yet and this place has probably doubled in cost.

On the more detailed drawings, the ARCH has each room labeled with the kids' names.
    My electrician said,"Who the hell wants dirtbag contractors knowing where their kid's room is?"
    I haven't seen the security system plans, but I am imagining they are extensive.
    The architect also spells "wetland" as "wetalnd". I'm available for proofreading, and I'll work for 2 x 4s -- overtime has to be paid in plywood though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 3.32.39 PM.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	719.9 KB 
ID:	374588

scale: NOT TO SCALE. :thumbs up:

I bid plan sets all day. I see shitty structurals and architecturals sometimes, but the landscape and civils are impressively dumb sometimes.

Pro tip; moat and alligators. And as a last resort, hot tar on the ramparts FTW.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Pro tip; moat and alligators. And as a last resort, hot tar on the ramparts FTW.
    The backyard is the Gulf of Mexico, so they will see those attackers coming for a while.

Spelling errors and scale issues, that is nothing.
    The stuff I see blows my mind. I try to fix it but the GC's are all "Plans and Specs",
    So I just wait for their call trying to fix it after concrete has been poured. Fun stuff.

The best is when they have the scale locked, and it is wrong.

I just snap doorways or 2X4 lighting fixtures to set scale.

The backyard is the Gulf of Mexico, so they will see those attackers coming for a while.

The stuff I see blows my mind. I try to fix it but the GC's are all "Plans and Specs",
    So I just wait for their call trying to fix it after concrete has been poured. Fun stuff.

Future neighbors had this issue with the footings and foundation on their new house. Concrete footings gets poured, and then after the GC and architect review the drawings discovery that, oops, the foundation is incorrect. Tear it up and start over. Nice $40k plus mistake. Sound like the future homeowners were the ones that said, "hey something doesn't look right here?"
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

that's quite the spread!

BFE 42' is this on piing? here it is 20'
    off your knees Louie