Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    The school my son goes to and wife teaches at, had a classified outbreak over the last week. It’s been traced to after school soccer where the kids were playing maskless. The kids were in the same class and the school was able to sidestep the situation by putting the whole class on 20 or 24 day quarantine (I can’t remember). Almost shut the entire school down.

I’m excited to loosen up and have fun but I’m in no means running around on a brainless binder (so to speak). And this supports caution with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    just dont party here.
    this party fkn sux.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i you have ever had a hangover

its like that
    Interesting that I've never had much of a reaction to any shot, including moderna x 2, and I've never had a hangover, although I've certainly been plenty drunk. Of course there is no rationale explanation for that being anything other than coincidence, but there's no rationale explanation for UFO's either.

As far as the party--just heard that the fans can go to Sacramento River Cats games (that's a minor league baseball team) but must live within 120 miles. Another thing for which there is no rationale explanation.
    Last edited by old goat; 05-20-2021 at 04:21 PM.

well my point would be that its just not that bad, IME you would feel much worse after a ski weekend with Garyfromterrace
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Interesting that I've never had much of a reaction to any shot, including moderna x 2, and I've never had a hangover, although I've certainly been plenty drunk.
    Really? That's pretty amazing. I've heard there's a non-trivial percentage of people who never experience headaches. That's crazy to those of us who get them regularly.

The AD is a woman? All this time I thought he was a middle aged super swimming dude.

Jk

Edit to add....frequent migraine sufferer on weekends. Never from a shot though.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Really? That's pretty amazing. I've heard there's a non-trivial percentage of people who never experience headaches. That's crazy to those of us who get them regularly.
    I’ve had maybe two headaches in my life and they were mild. I never ever get headaches during a hangover - even the new and prolonged 2 day hangovers that come with my age. I know I’m lucky in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’ve had maybe two headaches in my life and they were mild. I never ever get headaches during a hangover - even the new and prolonged 2 day hangovers that come with my age. I know I’m lucky in that way.
    Headaches are my baseline.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Just rest assured that we all have our own medical crosses to bear - my lack of headaches is a blessing but it’s offset by other curses.

We’ve had 4 emails home about positives in the school population since returning on 4/18.
    The HS is <1600 kids and the ones who returned for the limited day (2hrs 2x/wk) is +/-65% of that
    3 of the positives were in the first ten days. Each time, a cohort is sent home for 14days.

N=1 and all that

Flatten the curve means that everyone is going to get this wildly contagious virus at one point or another, so lets spread it out to not overwhelm hospitals. Ok no problem.

Now we are trying to keep every soul from getting COVID. We can't stop the flu and its variants. How are we going to stop something with a higher R value?

When did the narrative change, and who's controlling it?

Lets party!

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Flatten the curve means that everyone is going to get this wildly contagious virus at one point or another, so lets spread it out to not overwhelm hospitals.
    yeah, no...not quite

the reason it makes no sense is that that's not how it went down
    your skepticism was your first clue that maybe that wasn't correct
    go with that

Now we are trying to keep every soul from getting COVID. We can't stop the flu and its variants. How are we going to stop something with a higher R value?
    For starters the R value doesn't have to be higher than the flu if more people are vaccinated.

Flatten the curve means that everyone is going to get this wildly contagious virus at one point or another
    It could mean that or not, depending on flatness. But how many times were you thinking we'd all get it?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It could mean that or not, depending on flatness. But how many times were you thinking we'd all get it?
    I was hoping for less than 10 and am off to a good start at 0 and vaccinated. Hence the celebrating...

Does seem a little smarter, right?

Eta: I'm still a little suspicious of those mashed potatoes. No offense to you personally, it just seems like it might be that kind of party pretty quick.

The potatoes are off the table anyway. I was hoping for that type of party but the way things are going, I'll start my own. You guys are missing out too. They were not going to be any of that instant just add water bullshit. We're talking hand smashed Idaho golds and russets with garlic, chives and heavy cream.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Vaccinated people continuing to advocate for masks are the "i dont wanna" types. You get that right? You don't want to give up your comfort blanket despite the officials you swore by two weeks ago having said you can. "I don't wanna".

When does it change for you? What level of safety is going to change your mind?

Its a silly question actually because you'll just move the goalposts whenever we hit that point. "I don't wanna".
    Not safety blankets. Muzzles. Put your muzzle on intellectual degenerate !!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The potatoes are off the table anyway. I was hoping for that type of party but the way things are going, I'll start my own. You guys are missing out too. They were not going to be any of that instant just add water bullshit. We're talking hand smashed Idaho golds and russets with garlic, chives and heavy cream.
    The garlic does sell it pretty hard. I'm might need to go get some potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Mix in a little bacon grease, and I'll definitely be at *your* party. And ima bring pie.

Fine, two bowls of potatoes. I was trying to go in the middle to please everyone and when you do that, you please no one. Should have known...

We'll go with a lighter whipped side and a heavy, buttery, skins on chunky, bacon grease hand smashed bowl. And the only way to make bacon grease is to make bacon so there will be some of that as well. Looking forward to the pie.

And if any of you fuckers ask for twice baked, there will be no dicks in any of the potatoes. Kind of like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    yeah, no...not quite

the reason it makes no sense is that that's not how it went down
    your skepticism was your first clue that maybe that wasn't correct
    go with that
    What does "flatten the curve" mean to you?

What does "flatten the curve" mean to you?
    The message I got was that we should engage in behavior that mitigated the spread to such an extent that hospitals didn't get overwhelmed, in an effort to buy time until a vaccine could be developed and distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    The message I got was that we should engage in behavior that mitigated the spread to such an extent that hospitals didn't get overwhelmed, in an effort to buy time until a vaccine could be developed and distributed.
    ding ding. Hospitals overwhelmed means a higher death rate because proper care isn’t available, in addition to exacting a high price on expensive medical skilled labor (death)

now, that fish n chips, oil or tallow fried?