Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Maybe it’s just time to be done with it and let the anti-vax people catch COVID and live (or not) with the consequences. I get exhausted with them, and I got my vax, so fuck’em.
    I agree with that, except that my kid still can't get vaccinated. I will breath much easier when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Ah...got it now. The vaccine doesn't work effectively. This probably answers the question also why some people aren't bothering to get it.
    I'm going to give you credit and say you know better but are being intentionally obtuse here. No vaccine is 100% effective, so evidence of vaccinated people getting covid is neither evidence that "the vaccine doesn't work effectively" nor does it justify "why some people aren't bothering to get it."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I agree with that, except that my kid still can't get vaccinated. I will breath much easier when that happens.

I'm going to give you credit and say you know better but are being intentionally obtuse here. No vaccine is 100% effective, so evidence of vaccinated people getting covid is neither evidence that "the vaccine doesn't work effectively" nor does it justify "why some people aren't bothering to get it."
    Your 10 year old has a .0178% chance of dying from Covid, according to the CDC, and they'd have to catch it first, which in Boulder she currently has a .06% chance of catching it. (61 cases per 100,000)

It is more dangerous to let her ski, which you continue to do, as well as play virtually any other sport. It is more dangerous to drive anywhere for any reason. It is more dangerous to swim.

Yes this is not zero, but you continue to put your child into more dangerous situations literally every single day. You should at least recognize this fact.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Yeah....gonna need that vax ID number tatoo'd on your forehead please.
    HEHE.

If anybody though this one through, there would be a national database to check. I assume the CDC made the right call by NOT making that list as it could potentially scare off more people form getting the experimental vaccine that's been pull for safety reasons periodically.

Now its basically a free for all, and all we have to show are these paper cards...

Poor small business again is shouldered with the responsibility of "enforcement" checking paper cards and cell phone pictures of said cards. LOL YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Your 10 year old has a .0178% chance of dying from Covid, according to the CDC, and they'd have to catch it first, which in Boulder she currently has a .06% chance of catching it. (61 cases per 100,000)

It is more dangerous to let her ski, which you continue to do, as well as play virtually any other sport. It is more dangerous to drive anywhere for any reason. It is more dangerous to swim.

Yes this is not zero, but you continue to put your child into more dangerous situations literally every single day. You should at least recognize this fact.
    “Yeahbut whatabout...?”

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Here’s what “your local epidemiologist” said about it

I don’t think removing a mask requirement will improve vaccine hesitancy in the US. Maybe a little, but nothing meaningful. I’m in the weeds with the community, wearing a mask doesn’t even land in the top 20 reasons people won’t get a vaccine.
    This relies on an honor system, which will crumble. This puts the onus on businesses to endorse and enforce. And this will make masks even more politicized.
    There are much smarter deimplementation strategies we could have gone with, like reaching the critical threshold of 59% and/or until every American has at least had an opportunity to get a vaccine and/or at least waited until transmission calmed down so this virus stops mutating. There are only 4 states with moderate transmission, 0 states with mild transmission.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we had another wave this summer
    Someone should write a book about the implementation, de-implementation, and scientific communication downfalls of the US during a global pandemic
    I’ll still be wearing my mask inside. For my daughters. For my best friend who is immunocompromised. And until we can get this beast under control. And once we get there, I’ll be the first to have a massive mask burning bonfire. Maybe I’m being too careful. Maybe I’m a sheep. But, quite frankly, I don’t care.
    Bottom line: It was too soon. And, this should be interesting...

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...-policy-change
    yep
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Maybe it’s just time to be done with it and let the anti-vax people catch COVID and live (or not) with the consequences. I get exhausted with them, and I got my vax, so fuck’em.
    More liberals need to start thinking like you.

This new CDC recommendation has blown open the saloon doors. My bet is its gonna be a weird free for all for awhile. Good job, Joe.

Can we get back to the sink peeing and reckless speculation?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    HEHE.

If anybody though this one through, there would be a national database to check. I assume the CDC made the right call by NOT making that list as it could potentially scare off more people form getting the experimental vaccine that's been pull for safety reasons periodically.

Now its basically a free for all, and all we have to show are these paper cards...

Poor small business again is shouldered with the responsibility of "enforcement" checking paper cards and cell phone pictures of said cards. LOL YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
    If their employees are VAXed then it doesn't matter. They are orders of magnitude more likely to be hospitalized from a car accident on the drive to work then from getting COVID while at work. At some point they might let insurance companies charge the unVaxed more for premiums or refuse to pay for COVID treatment for the unVaxed.

But at this point I don't care. I got my VAX and the "science" says that my chances of getting a bad case now are nearly 0. I've eaten inside. I'll goto movies this summer. Time to live life. This thing will keep killing between 30-100k unVaxed Americans a year until most of them have gotten it. Fuck 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can we get back to the sink peeing and reckless speculation?
    As long as it integrates with upstate and $37.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I gotta admit... part of me wants to say this same thing. At the same time, I think there's a not insignificant chance that the antivaxxers are going to cause another hospital surge... and I really don't think our front-line healthcare workers deserve that horseshit.

I'll bring the Stewarts soda and ice cream to the party
    Live Free or Die

HEHE.

If you got vaccinated you’re in a database

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

You gloss right over all the long term and lasting harmful side effects from being infected with SARS-COV-2
    You're a good little sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    If their employees are VAXed then it doesn't matter. They are orders of magnitude more likely to be hospitalized from a car accident on the drive to work then from getting COVID while at work. At some point they might let insurance companies charge the unVaxed more for premiums or refuse to pay for COVID treatment for the unVaxed.

But at this point I don't care. I got my VAX and the "science" says that my chances of getting a bad case now are nearly 0. I've eaten inside. I'll goto movies this summer. Time to live life. This thing will keep killing between 30-100k unVaxed Americans a year until most of them have gotten it. Fuck 'em.
    Your first point isn't factually correct as the vaccines don't have a 100% efficacy.

The article below reaffirms my point.

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-surpris...030355895.html

Everyone's over it. I love it. Government never relinquishes power, ever. It's up to the people to remind the government that they work for us, the taxpayer.

My inner nihilist wants to agree with you. However, the vax is not 100% effective AND we need to get this thing wiped out to protect both those that are unable to vaccinate for medical reasons and people who experience breakthrough infections because of the effectiveness rate of the vaccine. Plus mutations. That's a whole other are of concern. I do agree that vaccine refusers can eat a bag of dicks. My middle kid is refusing it. That's fucking stupid. But I don't wish him to die because of it. He's definitely going to get an earful from me and constant harassment to wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You gloss right over all the long term and lasting harmful side effects from being infected with SARS-COV-2
    Concussions from skiing and other sports can have long term side effects. So can injuries from a car wreck. Both of which are much more likely to happen.

So now that we have determined life is inherently risky, might as well dive on in!

Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If you got vaccinated you’re in a database

Think two steps ahead. If this database exists, i agree it probably does, shouldn't Joe Biden give all business owners access to it to check? These small businesses are on the front lines of enforcement, with only paper cards to "check" lololololol.

Your first point isn't factually correct as the vaccines don't have a 100% efficacy.

The article below reaffirms my point.

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-surpris...030355895.html

Everyone's over it. I love it. Government never relinquishes power, ever. It's up to the people to remind the government that they work for us, the taxpayer.
    How many of those people were hospitalized? Or even got sick enough to notice? You're conflating "getting" COVID with getting an actual serious case of COVID. The vaccine is nearly 100% effective at preventing a serious case. My point IS correct. I said likely-hood of being HOSPITALIZED from a car accident is far greater than the likelihood of a fully vaccinated person requiring hospitalization from COVID. Over 2 million people a year are injured in car accidents a year, well over 200k have to be hospitalized and over 40k die. Out of the 100million+ fully vaccinated Americans less than 1000 have been hospitalized. Orders of magnitude less than car accidents.

If 40k fully vaccinated Americans die from COVID in the next year it would be beyond shocking. 40k unVaxed dieing is nearly guaranteed though. In fact lets make a bet. Over the next year will more fully Vaccinated Americans be hospitalized from COVID or car accidents? Bet 1 ETH?

This is the worst party on TGR right now.
    I still call it The Jake.

Think two steps ahead. If this database exists, i agree it probably does, shouldn't Joe Biden give all business owners access to it to check? These small businesses are on the front lines of enforcement, with only paper cards to "check" lololololol.
    Mask mandates are put in place by state and local jurisdictions

So this is the gang bang?

Hard pass on the lemon party.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I gotta admit... part of me wants to say this same thing. At the same time, I think there's a not insignificant chance that the antivaxxers are going to cause another hospital surge... and I really don't think our front-line healthcare workers deserve that horseshit.
    Good point, and Danno’s about the kiddos, too. Unfortunately the front-line won’t be able to say “You’re not vaxxed? Shoulda thought about that. Later, gator.”

I went to the gym today, first time with no mask in over a year.

Surprisingly over 90 percent mask use. When masks were required mask use at this gym was under 50 percent. Not sure how to interpret this, one time so may be a fluke.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Long term? It's been like 16months. Which "long term" are we talking about? I've seen some reports of lung damage, but very low.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Health insurance companies are actually the main ones putting this database together so that they can predict utilization rates moving forward.