Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    How many of those could've actually been undiagnosed issues prior to covid? I'm sure at least some.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    It’s like you’re trying to find an excuse to say COVID-19 isn’t a big deal. I’m talking about otherwise healthy adults in the 25-50 age range. Orchard workers, laborers, office workers, professional types. They’re not obese, diabetic, smokers or whatever else you might think. They’re like you an they happen to be unlucky. For whatever reason these folks are fucked for the rest of their lives. That’s why I wore a mask for a year and got vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My experience over the last several days is that people are moving on and ready to get back to business as usual. There's been a very noticeable change.

Went for a trail run in Llandover woods (North Seattle) yesterday. Not a single person was wearing a mask where as even a couple of weeks ago everyone was. So yeah, moving on for sure (at least outside finally).
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

I had several friends over for the Bruins game last night. We're all fully vaccinated and it was just nice to experience a normal get-together with friends once again. It's been a long road. I'm ready for normalcy, but still respecting those, mostly in the younger age groups, that are not fully vaxed around here. Still masked up in the majority of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    and track liability exemption. The shit I signed over when getting the vaccine was almost as bad as the threat of C19
    bunch of locals here in Aspen are starting to get their vaccination bills in the mail. $200+. "computer glitch" its being called. LOLOL

Lots of bent out of shape and FB posts.

Live in a pretty progressive town, but one the almost nobody was EVER wearing masks outside. Certainly not on the hiking / biking trails. Went grocery shopping at the co-op type grocery store expecting to see almost all masks and the staff was maybe 40% masked and the customers maybe a little more. Got my first haircut in over a year: no masks.

I'm ready to do basically everything I did before, but was never a crowded concert person.

If you’re vaccinated wtf do you care what anyone else does? If you’re an adult, you can get vaccinated, unless you have an immune issue that prevents it.
    I’m vaxxed, my wife is not. Nor my kid.
    I’m worried about my wife, encourage her to be safe, but I do not expect the entire population of this country to make a concession just for her.

Btw, anyone know of anyone that’s had a thyroid storm after getting one of the RNA shots? I know,of one for sure, and suspect another. One reason my wife can’t get it.

Quick question. I work with the public along with my coworkers. We are all vaxxed except for one fucking selfish moron. How do you feel about seeing masked employees (all of them) when customers do not have to wear a mask if they're vaxxed? Unmasked employees? Will your opinion change in two weeks, a month, down the road, etc. Thanks for any answers.

Went into town today and had breakfast Actually sat inside because it was so windy and cold. There were a few other patrons all masked up. Staff masked. People on the street masked. Stopped at the chocolate shop, all masked up. Went to the grocery store....everyone masked.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    If you’re vaccinated wtf do you care what anyone else does?
    You mean other than that they're prolonging this for everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You mean other than that they're prolonging this for everyone else?
    and you can still catch covid, have mild to no symptoms, and then possibly suffer from long covid.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Quick question. I work with the public along with my coworkers. We are all vaxxed except for one fucking selfish moron. How do you feel about seeing masked employees (all of them) when customers do not have to wear a mask if they're vaxxed? Unmasked employees? Will your opinion change in two weeks, a month, down the road, etc. Thanks for any answers.
    Yeah, we're discussing that now with input from our outsourced HR company.

We are still requiring masks for employees and customers. We are setting a date in the future whereas fully vaccinated employees can go maskless. That date is to be determined when everyone has had the chance to get their 2nd dose plus the two weeks. We have some younger employees that have not received their second yet.

Once they are complete, the protocol could possibly be this -

• I understand that if I am fully vaccinated*, I have the choice to wear or not wear a mask.
    • I understand that if I am not fully vaccinated, I must wear a mask at all times and practice social distancing pursuant to CDC guidelines and company policy.
    • I understand that in all circumstances, even if fully vaccinated, I may choose to wear a mask wherever and whenever it makes me more comfortable to do so.
    *Fully vaccinated means that it has been at least two weeks since your second dose for those who have received the two dose vaccine, or at least two weeks since receipt of the single dose vaccine.

Customers will have the option to mask or unmasked. Which is a little tricky I suppose. At this point, we think we only have one anti vax'er.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    and you can still catch covid, have mild to no symptoms, and then possibly suffer from long covid.
    Hold up. So are you saying that even if you're vaccinated and never have any symptoms, that you should STILL be worried about COVID? Seems to me that this whole "long covid" nonsense is just a reason for some to live in fear for the rest of their lives. Seriously. If this kind of thinking is truly scaring people, even post-vaccine, then there really can be no end in sight for some. Not ever. How can there be?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How can there be?
    You living in constant fear of polio? How about train crossings? Major source of anxiety? Feels like fear is the only factor for you.

Fully vaccinated?? ..Let’s party!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You living in constant fear of polio? How about train crossings? Major source of anxiety? Feels like fear is the only factor for you.
    He is TERRIFIED that some people are scared and taking perhaps unnecessary precautions.

Yeah, more disingenuous concern from a conservatives. After some point it becomes evident that its a core truth about conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I was pretty much the only person without a mask all day at work yesterday. Got my pricks and the boss man said it was cool so I ditched it without hesitation after ~14m of daily use. Kinda strange tho being the only person without one. All the customers, vendors, drivers, staff were wearing them. But somebody's gotta start the trend, right? Why not me?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I went to the gym today, first time with no mask in over a year.

Surprisingly over 90 percent mask use. When masks were required mask use at this gym was under 50 percent. Not sure how to interpret this, one time so may be a fluke.

Montana is a rebel state.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Hold up. So are you saying that even if you're vaccinated and never have any symptoms, that you should STILL be worried about COVID? Seems to me that this whole "long covid" nonsense is just a reason for some to live in fear for the rest of their lives. Seriously. If this kind of thinking is truly scaring people, even post-vaccine, then there really can be no end in sight for some. Not ever. How can there be?
    Long covid is symptoms, just not immediate ones. But they can be quiet serious and debilitating for those who have them. Is that so hard to grasp?

I have not, however, seen data (it may be out there but I haven't seen it) regarding whether and how often vaccinated people suffer from it. (Since this is difficult for you, no data means afaik the answer is unknown, not that nobody is suffering).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You might want to do a little more research. I see people at the hospital almost daily that are COVID long haulers. There’s a lot of younger people that started out healthy, got COVID and “recovered” that are still struggling to get back to normal. Not just lung problems but issues with bowels, mental status, renal issues etc. a lot of these issues won’t resolve.

Well, some dude in the hot tub at Mammoth says he had it (not sure if he tested) and now he feels stronger than ever. I pointed out it might be his fifth plastic cup of vodka that made him feel that way, but he was dismissive of my idea. He said he is stronger than he ever has been in his life because of COVID.

I also learned how the CIA has had a program for years to turn Americans into mindless liberals so the government could seize control.

And how the vaccine is going to cause mass organ failure any day.

This guy was a wealth of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Well, some dude in the hot tub at Mammoth says he had it (not sure if he tested) and now he feels stronger than ever. I pointed out it might be his fifth plastic cup of vodka that made him feel that way, but he was dismissive of my idea. He said he is stronger than he ever has been in his life because of COVID.

I also learned how the CIA has had a program for years to turn Americans into mindless liberals so the government could seize control.

And how the vaccine is going to cause mass organ failure any day.

This guy was a wealth of information.
    Did you tell him the govt has been in control since 1776? Except for a short spell in the 60's. (1860's)

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Paranoia, Fear, Hate & Intolerance. The GOP's platform

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Long covid is symptoms, just not immediate ones. But they can be quiet serious and debilitating for those who have them. Is that so hard to grasp?

I have not, however, seen data (it may be out there but I haven't seen it) regarding whether and how often vaccinated people suffer from it. (Since this is difficult for you, no data means afaik the answer is unknown, not that nobody is suffering).
    Oh, you mean kind of like the flu? It's been long known that flu can cause lasting repercussions. How come nobody was freaking out about "long flu" before? Yes, it's very real. The difference is that with flu and other illnesses, we pushed forward and continued living our lives. Nobody gives a shit about "long flu." Well, except for those dealing with it, but still. Society at large hasn't cared.
    https://www.health.com/condition/col...g-term-effects
    https://www.labmate-online.com/news/...g-effect/45569
    Also, member how around 80,000 people died of the flu a couple years back (17/18)? I member. We got wrecked that season. I remember people talking a lot about flu then because it was such a bad season. Now it's like nobody even talks about it. And strangest thing if you look at the recent data. It's as if flu got completely eradicated for 20/21. That one's bizarre. Is nobody testing for it or are testing results getting confused. CDC's reported people evidently testing positive for both. Certainly possible.

So "just the flu"... got it.

^^^All that ultimately just to say... LET'S PARTY!!!!

In a typical flu year less than 300 ppl die of the flu in Washington state. To date more than 5000 have died of Covid.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism