Thread: Velocirax?

Velocirax?

Anyone have any opinions?

It looks like it’ll clear the full-size spare on my van.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Friends have them and they are very easy to load, lower and raise, fits most wheel sizes included kids 24” and 20” (I think). Heavy though. If you have a Ford F250 or other full-size truck, tailgate may not clear the rack when it is down. Can be used to store bikes in garage which is a bonus. When compared to the vertical racks that I have used, i.e. North Shore and recon, this one is my favorite, fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I posted in the other thread before we bought a rack. We went with the Velocirax 5X.

I’m happy with it. Every rack is a trade off. I thought the tilt feature was kind of a gimmick but my fiancée has a non-union clavicle and it makes it much easier for her.

I have a 2020 Sierra 1500 and need the Kuat Hi-Lo extension to fully drop the tailgate. I’m not a fan of the extra length, but I like being able to get in the back of the truck.

$100 off sale.

Tempted
    . . .

I've got one- bought it a couple of months ago to replace the Recon Rack I used for the last two years. I went with the 7-bike Velocirax.

So far, so good... the build quality and burliness is night and day different from the Recon Rack, and it's much more solid feeling. It fits tight into the hitch, and I like having a locking pin and a "cinch" mechanism in the rack itself. There's virtually no movement when bikes are moving around, vs the Recon Rack that was always loosening over longer road trips or off-road driving. The hydraulic system to raise/lower the rack is super nice, mostly because it makes loading and securing the bikes easier since you can squeeze behind the rack when it's down. I'm not a huge fan of the rubber strap system (compared to the Recon's bungees and plastic balls, at least) but they do seem to be very secure.

Also, customer service (so far) has been light years better than Recon Rack. I bent the lower crossbar on my Recon Rack last summer and tried to purchase a replacement, and the guy Cody basically told me to fuck off, he didn't have time to make any extra parts.

The only downside so far is that with the 7x rack, the bikes are pretty close to each other. Not a problem when there's no pedals attached, but when you've got big, wide flat pedals, you have to make sure you clock the cranks the same on the bikes. I don't think that's an issue with the 4x or 5x though since there's a bit more spacing.