Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Colonial Pipeline Shutdown

That was neat, I just sat in line for 45 minutes to get gas.

Had the radio on in my office and heard of shortages all day long around Metro Atlanta and people driving all over looking for gas due to the pipeline shutdown and didn’t think much of it.

Until I got in the car to go pick up the boy to go to soccer and notice that I’m less than 1/8 of a tank. FFS.

Pull into the station across the street and they’re closed. No gas.

Go down the road a bit farther, line out the ass. Fuck that.

Head towards home knowing that there’s a tiny 2 pump spot attached to a village market (Northside and Mt Paran, Marshall T.) pull up there and all the landscaping crews are lined up a half mile down the street filling every damned container they can.

News on the radio has reports of every jackass within 30 miles filling up everything from cars to garbage bags. Fucking idiots.

Grab the kid from school and coast into a line 8 deep near the soccer field and proceed to watch tempers flare, people “keeping it real” and generally raise my anxiety. Attitudes were directly related to the county on their plates. Out of towners were acting like hoarders and dotard gangbangers who apparently don’t have to wait in lines. Finally a cop showed up to direct traffic become the line was blocking the intersection and shit got moving.

People are idiots. And I failed to keep my Dad’s reminder from when I turned 16: always keep your car filled up.

FFS.

https://www.ajc.com/news/signs-of-so...KBBVWKSGQMQA4/
    I still call it The Jake.

EV's ain't looking so bad now, huh? I'd like to have one of each. EV for when there are problems at the pumps. Gasser for when there are problems with the grid. That said, as I learned earlier this year, when the grid's down, then so are the pumps. Only difference is I was able to refill some of my tank with gas cans I had in the garage.

Get out.

ETA: that’s directed at your first snark sentence regarding EVs before you edited for context.

Yeah it was pretty much a shitshow when I went to BJ's to fill up this afternoon. They were still working on the gas in their tanks from the delivery a few days ago so the price hadn't gone up yet which was nice so $3.19/9 for Premium 93. I was going to stop at the Shell station on the way and it was $4.50 for 93 so they already raised their price as did most of the small stations in town. There were gas lines up to a half mile long when we were coming home around 5 making it a real hassle because everything is one lane in each direction around here. I'll take the other car out to fill it but probably around 1am so I don't have to wait in line and deal with fkd up angry people.

That's not a bad strategy. I'm curious to see how the next 20 years plays out in terms of number of gas stations and number of charging areas.

Name:  E1GkFIWXoAET0Mn.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  112.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Get out.

ETA: that’s directed at your first snark sentence regarding EVs before you edited for context.
    Haha. Sorry. I prematurely hit post accidentally before finishing my thought.

I feel for ya, though. What a PITA. When we were dealing with the gas outages, I just limited my trips and chillllllled. Was hilarious watching all the panicked masses just like the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. Like WTF? Did everybody simultaneously have Montezuma's Revenge or something? Does everybody need a full tank of gas like right now? Panic buyers are effing annoying BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    They look like they used a roll of tp per dump about this time last year.

Well they clearly need that gas cause they sure as shit ain’t waking anywhere.

Probably gonna put that in the back shed with all the toilet paper stash.

Just paid $3.80 at the res. I'm gonna feel your pain.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    They look like they used a roll of tp per dump about this time last year.
    Yup. Definitely the same a-holes for sure.

Morons in Greenville are running the pumps not knowing their fuel comes from a different pipeline.

^^Haha

I had to run out to the supermarket and all of the stations were empty. I guess the rush hour crush passed and it's only the commuters that are feeling the pinch, the rest of us that could go a day without driving dont seem to be too concerned yet but I filled up the other car anyway.

Ain’t shit for nothin here in Raleigh or back home in WNC.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Morons in Greenville are running the pumps not knowing their fuel comes from a different pipeline.
    Greenville, SC? You mean they aren’t on the colonial?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Yeah, someone I know works at a terminal in VA. He's showing fuel for the area comes into Spartanburg from the Plantation pipeline. Looking at pipeline maps, Plantation and Colonial basically run parallel through the area but I guess Plantation is the one with a terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    These people just need to be shot.

didn't know how week americans really were until recently
    we are a week culture

the one artical I read on this a few days ago said there is nothing to worry about there will be no shortage of gas for at least 30 days
    UNLESS people start panic buying then the whole system of delivery and storage will go to shit

people can't walk anymore? ride a bike? or bum a ride

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    These people just need to be shot.
    I’m sure they just got rear-ended by some other asshole trying to get gas and the whole mess of fat and greed blew up in a hoarders fireball of glory.

I'd pay to see that.

I'd pay to see that.
    I bet it would smell great at least

Not so sure I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    didn't know how week americans really were until recently
    we are a week culture

the one artical I read on this a few days ago said there is nothing to worry about there will be no shortage of gas for at least 30 days
    UNLESS people start panic buying then the whole system of delivery and storage will go to shit

people can't walk anymore? ride a bike? or bum a ride

Crowd psychology at work, see the inflation thread.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Not so sure I agree.
    I suppose the plastic and rubber from the cars would overpower the bbq long pig