Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I'm headed to Raleigh next Wednesday night (1 week) to visit family. How fucked am I?
    There is literally zero gas here right now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I don't think that's true.

"
    The current system has access to only two sources of fuel – the Chevron refinery in Burnaby (40%) and BP’s Cherry Point refinery in Washington State (60%).

Chevron’s supply is shipped via a pipeline between Burrard Inlet and the airport.

In addition, Cherry Point ships fuel by barge to Westridge Terminal on Burrard Inlet. It is then shipped to YVR in the same pipeline.

Since the late 1990s, tanker trucks from Cherry Point have been required to deliver additional fuel as YVR’s fuel needs exceeded the pipeline’s capacity, particularly during peak travel periods."
    Yup, Cheveron recently got sold to another company a couple years ago, dunno the owner but i think it is still in operation. Refined fuel also comes down the existing TransMtn pipeline from Edmonton, with stops at Kamloops and one or two other storage places in the fraser valley. The twinning is primarily for raw bitumen/condensate.

Not all of the new pipeline is immediately adjacent to the old one, and this has caused some stir where it goes through parks and/or sensitive areas. But a pipeline is a hell of a lot more safe and efficient than all the crude being transported by CN Rail, as it is right now. Far more risk of derailments than pipe spills/ruptures. First Nations in both BC and Alberta are on the board of directors and is a primary reason why the feds bought the project and are ramming it though - big reconciliation gesture. But of course not all First Nations along the line are on board.

Parkland Fuel Corp bought the Chevron Refinery some time ago (they own Fas Gas) among others, whether or not that changes where the fuel goes I don't know, I know a lot used to go to the airport now maybe to their gas stations etc?
    Gas is still cheaper in the USA than Canada (especially BC) even if the taps are turned off on the eastern seaboard.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I used to live there, I think that one was a chevron and there was an esso on the other side of burrard inlet but I believe they were all shut down and converted to terminals
    I know the IOCO refinery on the north side of the inlet shut down, but the one that I think used to be part of the Chevron complex* on the south side was still chugging away last time I was up there (about 2-3 years ago)

*just below capitol hill and east of the off leash dog park that runs down to the water

edit: I guess that's called Parkland now

Colonial Pipeline says it is restarting operations. The company said “it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal.”

A couple summers I worked on an Chevron oil tanker taking refined fuels from the Richmond, CA refinery up the the coast, up the Columbia river to Portland. I actually got to steer the ship up the Columbia once, at the direction of the ship's Pilot of course. Another summer it was refined fuels from Pascagoula, MS to Ft Lauderdale. One of the security guards at the facility in Portland who was old as dirt told me the real reason he was working there was to look out for commies and that I should know that the two largest communist hot spots in the US were Berkeley and Madison.

What did he do when he found one?

Pretty sure he had a direct line to Joe McCarthy. I didn't linger, lest he found out my liberal leanings and kept me from my weekly shore leave to Portland.

Anyone who blocks a pipeline when the alternative is trains is a fucking kook. Isn't that the lesson from Lac Megantic?

Ha, that's a good story.

I suppose you could've requested shore leave to "go look for some commies"

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I"m more concerned that timberidge lives in jersey than a gas shortage
    I imagine jersey to be a lot like littleton and highlands ranch but with the tang of chemicals trash and sewage in the air
    Yeah or some of the best beaches on the east coast...but yep. All oil plants and chemical dumps.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Colonial Pipeline Shutdown

I managed to fill the wife’s guzzler up today.....with gasoline. In Charlotte btw.
    Found a not well known spot off a main thoroughfare here in town. During rush hour btw....
    Didn’t wait but 15 minutes. That is NOT the norm.

I was driving to Pinehurst for an informal work meeting tomorrow but fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Head over to the ECRC thread. Tell them you're looking for "1203 syrup" and to send a truck to Buckhead. It'll have VT plates and the driver looks like this. It's ok for Camry's and such, just don't put that shit in the Porsche.
    Attachment 374360
    My hair has thinned out on top and gotten considerably lighter since then

I look forward to meeting you in person Riser.

And thanks for the other VT syrup in advance.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    There is literally zero gas here right now.
    Somewhere, out there, is a smug Tesla owner doing laps around gas stations.
    Honking.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    a smug Tesla owner
    You stuttered.

So it took some research to confirm what I thought - up in our corner of the country we get gas the old-fashioned way, by boat. So I guess we're good for now.

Don’t y’all get your heat from oil trucks too?

Or is that just in the cities?

Anyway, drove by the usual gas stations this morning and they’re all still out. Apparently the Costco near my office has gas and is of course being well run and organized but it’s still a 45-60 minute wait to fill up. Fuck that.

Heading to the beach next weekend and hope this shit is straightened out by then, otherwise, as MT says, pick a good place to get stuck.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Somewhere, out there, is a smug Tesla owner doing laps around gas stations.
    Honking.
    Hahahaha. Yup!

Got a full tank this morning. Came in early this morning.

swing your fucking sword.

Crisis averted. Whoever Putin called listened. Thanks Vlad!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

It was only a matter of time...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620916506.784694.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	325.2 KB 
ID:	374467

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Plenty of diesel in East Tennessee.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It was only a matter of time...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620916506.784694.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	325.2 KB 
ID:	374467

Looks like it’s down south

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Crisis averted. Whoever Putin called listened. Thanks Vlad!
    Colonial Pipeline Co. paid nearly $5 million to Eastern European hackers on Friday, contradicting reports earlier this week that the company had no intention of paying an extortion fee to help restore the country’s largest fuel pipeline, according to two people familiar with the transaction.
    a large building with a grassy field: Colonial, which operates the largest fuel pipeline in the U.S., became aware of the hack around May 7 and shut down its operations, which led to fuel shortages and lines at gas stations along the East Coast.

The company paid the hefty ransom in untraceable cryptocurrency within hours after the attack, underscoring the immense pressure faced by the Georgia-based operator to get gasoline and jet fuel flowing again to major cities along the East Coast, those people said. A third person familiar with the situation said U.S. government officials are aware that Colonial made the payment.
    All the more reason to regulate Crypto and this will escalate and lead to more of the same shit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"