Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Went to Sam's to fill my TDI wagon today. 2pm drove right up to a pump. $2.95/gallon. I had just been in PA before that. $3.58/gallon in Matamoras.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Lighten up Frances.

The last year has shown us that none of our peers are that different. Humans is humans everywhere.

I think robots but drugs could work too. Either way, they are amazing and dedicated to their craft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Goodness old man, is your brain starting to overload with amyloid plaques?
    OK, tell me another country where 350 pound people fill plastic shopping bags with gasoline.
    If it isn't obvious to you that people in the USofA are different, and not in a good way, it's because you're too deep in the shit to see over the top of the pile. Not saying we're the only country with those kinds of problems. India comes to mind. How are they doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    OK, tell me another country where 350 pound people fill plastic shopping bags with gasoline.
    If it isn't obvious to you that people in the USofA are different, and not in a good way, it's because you're too deep in the shit to see over the top of the pile. Not saying we're the only country with those kinds of problems. India comes to mind. How are they doing these days?
    Hey, they fill plastic bags with gas in Russia just the same and they just call it Friday night. If Vlad would let them have a few more rubles for cheeseburgers, they'd be 350 pounds too.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Doesn't $5M seem like a really low-ball ransom amount?
    Yes it does. I’m wondering if it came with some kind of Easter egg and upon the crypto transfer some people halfway around the world found themselves on the business end of a “random” explosion.

***RECKLESS SPECULATION ***
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Hey, they fill plastic bags with gas in Russia just the same and they just call it Friday night. If Vlad would let them have a few more rubles for cheeseburgers, they'd be 350 pounds too.
    China too.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    If Vlad would let them have a few more rubles for cheeseburgers, they'd be 350 pounds too.
    they drink vodka though. keeps em feeling full.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Doesn't $5M seem like a really low-ball ransom amount?
    The Ransomware hackers do not want to make the fee too high that the company or organization just says NO WAY. I have even heard of some that reply and negiotiate the fee lower and then pay at the lower rate they negotiated.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2021/05/1...v-go-up-smoke/

HOMOSASSA, Fla. (WWSB) - An SUV was destroyed Wednesday moments after its owner filled several containers with gasoline at a convenience store in Citrus County.
    Citrus County Fire Rescue responded to a call of a vehicle fire in Homosassa shortly before 11 a.m., spokeswoman Cortney Marsh said.
    The owner of the 2004 Hummer H2 had just filled four 5-gallon cans at the Texaco Food Mart on W. Grover Cleveland Boulevard.
    . . .

X

Stuck boat.
    Falling Chinese rocket.
    Hacked gasoline pipeline.

What's the next absurd hinderance to our modern lives?

Don't say the cicadas.

Cicadas.

Colonial Pipeline Shutdown

Cicadas.
    They’re coming soon...lol...Brood X.....17 years in waiting!

I moved out of cicada territory I discovered. I kinda like when they're really cranking on a still night, it's an otherworldly sound.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    They’re coming soon...lol...Brood X.....17 years in waiting!
    It's Soo funny how they talk about this. I can remember as a kid the broods were so big entire sidewalks and streets were covered with exoskeletons. Never seen anything like that again in adulthood. They're just cool noisy bugs.

Cicadas.
    I like how you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    It's Soo funny how they talk about this. I can remember as a kid the broods were so big entire sidewalks and streets were covered with exoskeletons. Never seen anything like that again in adulthood. They're just cool noisy bugs.

I really talked this up with the kids in school last week....(doing an Insect unit)...and they are all anxiously awaiting their emergence.....the frost this past week probably delayed their arrival a bit. Hoping for this week/next with much warmer soil temps.....so the kids can actually see what the hell I was talking about...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    What's the next absurd hinderance to our modern lives?

Don't say the cicadas.
    MURDER HORNETS !

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Cool Radiolab recently about the cicadas and the sounds they make.

Chris Krebs on The Takeout

Christopher Krebs, the former head of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency under President Trump, joins Major to talk about the ransomware attack on the Colonial Pipeline, the SolarWinds hack, and life during the pandemic on this week’s episode of “The Takeout with Major Garrett.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/former...akeout-5142021

(Get past the first minute and it's a pretty good discussion.)

If I were Christopher Krebs I would like my profile to read -- "former head of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency fired by President Trump," Otherwise people who don't know who he is might get the wrong idea or not bother to listen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13FA83A5-971D-435B-8248-059E606B7A66.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	447.6 KB 
ID:	374872

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Last time I was at Bellingham Costco there were a bunch of BC plates. I think it was a Sunday night. Massive cooler in the back filled with gallon jugs of milk, on ice. 5 gallon gas cans on the back seat next to the kids. Then go sit in 40-minute border line.
    Are BC people allowed/going to US for shopping these days? I thought the border was closed for that sort of thing?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I'm seeing somewhere between 1 and 4 BC plates here per month lately, with the occasional AB. Normally at this time of year I'd see a dozen per day.

I'm assuming that the few I am seeing aren't cross-border shoppers per se, but are second property owners, cross-border families, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I moved out of cicada territory I discovered. I kinda like when they're really cranking on a still night, it's an otherworldly sound.

It's the sound of humid heat and sweat glands and little winged animals biting you on the face and neck.

There was a piece on TV last night about Port Roberts WA--tiny town on the tip of a peninsula of BC, which is the only land access. The main economy appears to be Canadians shopping. The border is closed and the economy is dying. And the locals only way out of town is a twice/week ferry (temporary during the pandemic).