Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Shouldn't that read Colonial's insurers made the payment, which then Colonial converted into crypto, as possibly assisted by the Feds?

Let's hope some lessons are learned from all this on all sides.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Shouldn't that read Colonial's insurers made the payment, which then Colonial converted into crypto, as possibly assisted by the Feds?

Let's hope some lessons are learned from all this on all sides.
    Call me naive but I thought it was US policy not to pay ransom.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Call me naive but I thought it was US policy not to pay ransom.
    Right? Hence the insurance company's role, as assisted by the Feds more than likely.

***RECKLESS SPECULATION***

What would TGR be without it.

Going for a bike ride.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Heading into town, none of the gas stations had any traffic. Costco had a pretty good line when I arrived, but probably not more than a 10 minute wait. It was crowded but not full on my way out, so I topped off. They had people and cones funneling gas traffic through the lot and out of the way. Well oiled machine.

Heading back home, lots of gas stations starting to pile up. I'm guessing they got deliveries, cause they were empty before.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Heading into town, none of the gas stations had any traffic. Costco had a pretty good line when I arrived, but probably not more than a 10 minute wait. It was crowded but not full on my way out, so I topped off. They had people and cones funneling gas traffic through the lot and out of the way. Well oiled machine.

Heading back home, lots of gas stations starting to pile up. I'm guessing they got deliveries, cause they were empty before.
    I've said it more than once during the past year, if the people who run the Chick Fil A drive thru and Costco Gas stations were put in charge of the pandemic response, we'd have everyone vaccinated in no time and with a smile no less.

Prepper psychology, paranoia, and random psychosis--the US populace unable to cope with what was clearly going to be a short term disruption. We are going to continue lose stature in the world because our people are the weak link--unable to act in any concerted fashion for the good of the nation, unable to look beyond immediate personal gratification, unable to manage even the simplest rational thinking, unable to separate fact from fiction or reality from illusion. However, for the most part the most serious derangement appears to be among white people, so the long term outlook is good, as white people go the way of the Neanderthals.

I've said it more than once during the past year, if the people who run the Chick Fil A drive thru and Costco Gas stations were put in charge of the pandemic response, we'd have everyone vaccinated in no time and with a smile no less.
    How can the Chik Fil A people stand in a mask in billion degree heat, on hot asphalt, surrounded by hot cars and hungry assholes and not waiver just a little? Just the sheer volume would break me. I think it's drugs.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Prepper psychology, paranoia, and random psychosis--the US populace unable to cope with what was clearly going to be a short term disruption. We are going to continue lose stature in the world because our people are the weak link--unable to act in any concerted fashion for the good of the nation, unable to look beyond immediate personal gratification, unable to manage even the simplest rational thinking, unable to separate fact from fiction or reality from illusion. However, for the most part the most serious derangement appears to be among white people, so the long term outlook is good, as white people go the way of the Neanderthals.
    Lighten up Frances.

The last year has shown us that none of our peers are that different. Humans is humans everywhere.

How can the Chik Fil A people stand in a mask in billion degree heat, on hot asphalt, surrounded by hot cars and hungry assholes and not waiver just a little? Just the sheer volume would break me. I think it's drugs.
    I think robots but drugs could work too. Either way, they are amazing and dedicated to their craft.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Goodness old man, is your brain starting to overload with amyloid plaques?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Lighten up Frances.

The last year has shown us that none of our peers are that different. Humans is humans everywhere.

I think robots but drugs could work too. Either way, they are amazing and dedicated to their craft.
    humans is humans, but I think the plague year has shown there’s some differences across orgs in the culture they’ve put together and it takes a certain kind of culture to get your Waffle House open ASAP after a storm. The cavalier DNGAF attitude from certain other mega chains exists at every level.

i knew a guy that work the drive thru. raging methhead
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    humans is humans, but I think the plague year has shown there’s some differences across orgs in the culture they’ve put together and it takes a certain kind of culture to get your Waffle House open ASAP after a storm. The cavalier DNGAF attitude from certain other mega chains exists at every level.
    Don't disagree, but I think Waffle House is a bad reference point. Those places are like community centers in rural areas and for certain places of comfort after a disaster like a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i knew a guy that work the drive thru. raging methhead
    Yeah, but I bet he was terribly efficient and still ended every communication with "My pleasure".

Yeah, but I bet he was terribly efficient and still ended every communication with "My pleasure".
    my uncle is in construction and says that methheads are the best builders one can get. they show up on time in the morning (probably never went to bed), speak to no one, disappear at least once throughout the day, but get their shit done.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    At some point (years ago now) it switched to gas. And it cuts across all demographic lines. BC plates = choose another lane, because they're gonna be a while.

I blogged here about the most egregious example (if only the search worked). It was family that put at least four 5 gallon plastic jugs inside the back of their minivan. Just behind where their kids were sitting.
    Last time I was at Bellingham Costco there were a bunch of BC plates. I think it was a Sunday night. Massive cooler in the back filled with gallon jugs of milk, on ice. 5 gallon gas cans on the back seat next to the kids. Then go sit in 40-minute border line.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Last time I was at Bellingham Costco there were a bunch of BC plates. I think it was a Sunday night. Massive cooler in the back filled with gallon jugs of milk, on ice. 5 gallon gas cans on the back seat next to the kids. Then go sit in 40-minute border line.
    "Daddy, I have a headache."

my uncle is in construction and says that methheads are the best builders one can get. they show up on time in the morning (probably never went to bed), speak to no one, disappear at least once throughout the day, but get their shit done.
    fastfred is looking for people.

PM him with this tip.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    NEXUS card would cut that wait down to 3-5 min at the most.

Is fastfred offering a referral bonus?

Dibs.

I'm disappointed that they paid. Shoot the hostages.

I look forward to meeting you in person Riser.

And thanks for the other VT syrup in advance.
    Meeting me IRL will be huge let down.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'm disappointed that they paid. Shoot the hostages.
    Nuke from orbit, behead the remains, if any.

Also, I feel like we were just beginning to scratch the surface of the Lord of the Flies - Gas Station dynamic.

These are methheads that are early in their meth career, I assure you. Devolves quickly.

Nuke from orbit, behead the remains, if any.

Also, I feel like we were just beginning to scratch the surface of the Lord of the Flies - Gas Station dynamic.
    Ya, except for that. Suks for everyone who had/has to deal with the morans.

Doesn't $5M seem like a really low-ball ransom amount?