Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Talked to the local game warden today and he said they're not going to relocate the bear as long as it's hunting season. "Hopefully somebody will harvest it."

Meanwhile I ordered some rubber shotgun slugs. Could be a game-time decision whether to use real ones. I have to admit I'm curious to try the meat. Probably wouldn't be a bad-tasting bear foraging up where we live (no salmon or fish to eat, and no carrion to speak of). Bearskin rug would be kind of cool. Oh well, probably won't even see it again.

Buy a tag and you probably won’t see it again. I’ve never shot one but plenty of friends have. I enjoy the meat. Sausage, burger, crockpotted shredded tacos, etc are my favorites.

Fall 21/22 Days Afield Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631810858.174922.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	385548

Got it done Monday. Hunting partner called him in to 18 yards. Man, he was angry as hell!

There is nothing like a bull walking to within 20 yards of you losing his mind. Always so fun how loud they are!

Hopefully our moose hunt goes as well in a couple weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

NICE!! Congratulations!
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Solid bull! Great mag, Gretch is. He happily sent me some spike waypoints in that unit, which I hardly used, but still!
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

Got it done Monday. Hunting partner called him in to 18 yards. Man, he was angry as hell!

There is nothing like a bull walking to within 20 yards of you losing his mind. Always so fun how loud they are!

6x6xFKNA+a Hellyeah!

Nice bull!

Nice Royal, Gretch.

And some Richie and Ronnie pairs well with it...

Well done indeed! Ideally this will be the first of many successes from the field this season.

Thanks everyone! Utah certainly brought the goods….sucks I won’t get to hunt it again for a decade or more!

Phall, thanks for the info you provided…stinks you didn’t get a spike in front of you…there were a lot there…it’s just such big terrain and they don’t bugle, you have to almost get lucky and stumble upon one.

Hope other mags are getting after it and the bulls are bugling for everyone!

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Solid bull! Hard to tell from the pic, but I see 310"-320" all day.

Yeah Gretch!!!! Nice symmetrical rack !

Covert…I came up with 311” with very conservative tape placement.

Hatch…yes, he was CRAZY symmetrical. Only 6 and 5/8” of deductions. Not sure I have measured a bull with so little differences left to right. Not a single point or circumference difference over 7/8” and his beam length is only 1 1/8” different! Kind of crazy to me.

That's a sweet bull man!!

Nice work Gretch!

Just got this guy back from the pillow factory, a year later.

My younger dog's first sharpie on a fun hunt with Snapt. Memorable indeed.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Excellent bull Gretch! Nice mount there Rev!

My first archery bull. Had a wild last 3 days, I saw perhaps 150 elk, including a monster bull w a harem of about 50-60 cows(lost count.) Passed up some cows, a spike, and a couple smaller 5 pts. Sad it's over for another year, but golf, training and camping will now resume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1303.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	385974  
    Last edited by Hopeless Sinner; 09-19-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Holy shit!! Schwack'em and stack'em!

Mags be killin the shit outa wapitee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    My first archery bull. Had a wild last 3 days, I saw perhaps 150 elk, including a monster bull w a harem of about 50-60 cows(lost count.) Passed up some cows, a spike, and a couple smaller 5 pts. Sad it's over for another year, but golf, training and camping will now resume.
    Awesome job Hopeless! Sounds like you had a killer hunt. 6x6 for your first archery elk...hell yeah!

Awesome job Hopeless! Sounds like you had a killer hunt. 6x6 for your first archery elk...hell yeah!

Thanks.

Oh yeah, it was great 3 weeks. Good luck w the moose!

Covert…I came up with 311” with very conservative tape placement.

Hatch…yes, he was CRAZY symmetrical. Only 6 and 5/8” of deductions. Not sure I have measured a bull with so little differences left to right. Not a single point or circumference difference over 7/8” and his beam length is only 1 1/8” different! Kind of crazy to me.

Solid, I bet he goes a bit bigger.

Do you have a moose tag? You're in the RFV, right? I am as well. What unit is it for? You can PM if you want, but I saw the largest bull moose i've ever seen last week while chasing elk. Busted him coming down a thick hillside and then called him back in, once he got riled up in the brush and started thrashing around I started to question if my 10mm would be sufficient if things went western. Slowly walked out.

Nice work Hopeless!

Been trying hard for 5 days, but it’s been a big zero for our crew of 3. We’ve had some late afternoon bugles from several bulls and found great sign in multiple areas, but it feels like we are four steps behind these elk. It’s discouraging, especially since this will likely be my dads last public land elk hunt.

A hot shower and meal for a little refresh , and back to it at 430am for a few more days. At least the views are good

Name:	IMG_0759.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	386069

^^^ Thank you and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Solid, I bet he goes a bit bigger.

Do you have a moose tag? You're in the RFV, right? I am as well. What unit is it for? You can PM if you want, but I saw the largest bull moose i've ever seen last week while chasing elk. Busted him coming down a thick hillside and then called him back in, once he got riled up in the brush and started thrashing around I started to question if my 10mm would be sufficient if things went western. Slowly walked out.
    Covert, yes I am in the RFV, but unfortunately, it is my hunting partners turn chasing bulls. I am just along for the ride like he was for my elk (he called him in). His tag is actually the Lake City unit. After this guy:

Name:	Image1632183101.839756.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	667.1 KB 
ID:	386071

Spotted two other shooters during scouting and I am sure there are others. Thanks for thinking of us though!

And glad you didn’t get ran over…lol