Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Larger aisles with less product.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Larger aisles with less product.

Heh. Sounds about right.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Who's got the line on shotshells for the upcoming waterfowl season? I shoot about a case and a half a year, have my #2's set for late season but would love to find a case of #3/#4. I've consistently shot Winchester Xpert Hi-velocity 3" with great results for the price, but if anyone has a suggestion of something potentially easier to come by, I'm all ears.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

My local feed store (only place in the county that carries ammo) has had no issues getting Kent shells. I've shot a bit of it with no complaints, will likely use more this year. Even 16 has been available.

Congrats Rev!! Did you get the tag with UB? I feel like he's got that zone pretty dialed!!

Got my cow elk tag (freezer filler) OTC deer and archery pronghorn. The latter has a zero chance of success, but I have a cabin where I can usually spot 20-30 a day from my front porch. Had to at least give it a shot! Any and all suggestions are very welcome. I think I'm over my head for this one!
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Kneepads. I wish I had brought elbow pads. I bought cheap gas station leather work gloves too, made the stalks way more comfortable then getting poked by everything.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

That's a great tip!! Thanks. Heading over tomorrow to start scouting...
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Congrats Rev!! Did you get the tag with UB? I feel like he's got that zone pretty dialed!!

Got my cow elk tag (freezer filler) OTC deer and archery pronghorn. The latter has a zero chance of success, but I have a cabin where I can usually spot 20-30 a day from my front porch. Had to at least give it a shot! Any and all suggestions are very welcome. I think I'm over my head for this one!
    No, Bridwells. Really excited...honestly didn't think I'd ever draw it.

Forgot to get my cow tag. Looks like I'll be bumble fucking through the archery woods again.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210711_160150329.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	379171

First day shooting post shoulder surgery (11 months). Flinging arrows like hot garbage but gotta start somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	36 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	379170  

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

Views:	48 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	379171

First day shooting post shoulder surgery (11 months). Flinging arrows like hot garbage but gotta start somewhere.

Arrow angle forensics say you a little bitty fellow, ISBM.

You must shoot a really aggressive cam if you can get penetration like that from such a short riser?

Years ago when I was bartending some dingy blonde was throwing herself at me, and at one point she asked how tall I was. "Five feet sixteen inches" I answered. She looked disappointed. "Oh. I thought you were over six feet".

You can't fool bro science! That's a flat arrow trajectory 6"-12" off the ground!
    Now, allowing for group spread, that means you are 9" tall, and must be a sight packing out an elk quarter!

j/k Glad things went so well!

Utah DWR

You make millions per year on OTC Bull Elk and you can figure out how to sell them?

Ha! man, I was on at 740, 3k in queue, paused at 2400 for an hour, got back in at 2k, was able to get them just barely. just logged in for a buddy whos out of town and im back to 265 in queue again.
    Odds are it will go to a draw in the next 1-2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Ha! man, I was on at 740, 3k in queue, paused at 2400 for an hour, got back in at 2k, was able to get them just barely. just logged in for a buddy whos out of town and im back to 265 in queue again.
    Odds are it will go to a draw in the next 1-2 years.
    I think I’m still too angry to talk about my experience . But seriously, if I hadn’t been committed to buying a tag for my son when I was getting mine, I would’ve said fuck it and given up.

I agree on it going to a draw soon. If I was a tinfoil hat wearer I would think that the DWR was doing it on purpose to press the issue with the board.

Got the meat missles dialed in this am.
    Muzzy: First shot was a flyer, next three were dead nuts. TC triumph, 250gr tc shockwave bonded. 2 pyrodex pellets.

Name:	IMG_0891.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	381738

Switched to federal trophy copper in the .308, last three shots but with a hot barrel. Need to do one more range day to make sure cold bore is on.

Name:	IMG_0892.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	381740

The line to pay for a bench 5 mins before opening:

Name:	65004109479__474CBF62-BF17-41F4-8394-F130DEFB731A.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	381741

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm continually impressed with all of the .30 cal Fed Premium Copper. Buddy shoots a .300WM, another in .308 and they all shoot really well.

Nice group on the muzzy. Interested in trophy copper results on critters. I'm still using accubonds, but would like to switch to the copper. T minus 10 days to AK trip.

Used GMX from Hornady on two animals last year, antelope doe at 345, and mule deer at ~200. was able to recover the round from the goat and it retained ~97% of its weight. I haven't seen a downside yet.

Nice group on the muzzy. Interested in trophy copper results on critters. I'm still using accubonds, but would like to switch to the copper. T minus 10 days to AK trip.

You probably said somewhere is this thread but what are you headed to AK for?

I had to use copper last year for the goat cull in GTNP, but I could only find one box so I'm back to using the partitions that I had stockpiled.

Speaking of the goat cull, they invited my team back this year, but I think we're going to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You probably said somewhere is this thread but what are you headed to AK for?

I had to use copper last year for the goat cull in GTNP, but I could only find one box so I'm back to using the partitions that I had stockpiled.

Speaking of the goat cull, they invited my team back this year, but I think we're going to pass.
    We pulled a caribou tag in the talkeetnas.

Know a group that did the onp cull last year. Said it was kinda unpleasant.

We pulled a caribou tag in the talkeetnas.
    Nice, hope you post up some photos!

Big kick in the dick scouting today. Just about to the first camera when we start hearing the. BAAAAA’s. Still saw a bull in a different drainage and two shooter bucks. Some highlights from the cam (otc general Utah unit.)

Name:	MFDC9132_Original.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	736.1 KB 
ID:	382273

Name:	MFDC6221_Original.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	779.4 KB 
ID:	382270

Name:	MFDC5967_Original.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	778.1 KB 
ID:	382271

Name:	MFDC5319_Original.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	741.8 KB 
ID:	382272

Anyone have any tips for calling USFS and asking about grazing allotment times?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Call that certain FS area and ask to speak to that area's biologist. They usually have pretty good intel.

Yeah I've done that with a local BLM lease that had cows on it late into bird season when their lease was indeed up.