Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Supply shitshow

If you're in the market for a new car, buy it now. Shortages have begun to rear their ugly head. All the microchips were used up by the vaccines, so now we don't get cars.

The used truck market is 26% higher than last year. So, a good time to unload that pos sitting in your yard.

Make sure to negotiate in a full tank of gas if you're on the EC.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Figging paint.

Third of the way into a project. Can’t seem to find anymore base.

Freaking cedar shingles. Only got three bundles. Praying for three more.
    . . .

Shit show is right, pre vid ocean ship from Asia for a container was $5k and 4 weeks, not bad but I complained at the time. Now its $10-12k, 9 weeks and hope that's the peak (its not). Electronic lines are idle waiting for parts WW, smaller shops hurt even more since bottom feeders. One good light is the focus on lack of US capability for building chips, we must build wafers at volume again on our soil. EVERYONE is reliant on Taiwan

^^Makes the resistor + cap shortages of late 2010s look like childs play.

Packaging, containers and raw materials (media powders, alcohols) are our biggest struggle (Biologics manufacturing). The big vendors are in over their head. Need 300 bags immediately? We can ship 5 next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Praying for three more.
    Praying is 100% waste of time.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Praying is 100% waste of time.
    How else can I get shingles from heaven?
    . . .

I got a big old cedar i cut down in the yard waiting to be moved...you're welcome to come whittle as many bundles as you can out of it.

Play with your chickens then wait?

the pine barrens wasn’t just a sopranos episode see if there’s any trunks left and get splitting, froe

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    froe
    Vocabulary rarely used by today's lehman.

Jeez, Murica can't buy shit. Mother fucker.

You having fun yet Jackstraw?
    After the contractor gets done yelling at me, I ask him if it made him feel any better, cause that is about the only positive thing that will come out of yelling at me. To the bottom of the list you go. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Vocabulary rarely used by today's lehman.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    You having fun yet Jackstraw?
    After the contractor gets done yelling at me, I ask him if it made him feel any better, cause that is about the only positive thing that will come out of yelling at me. To the bottom of the list you go. Fun times.
    It's amazing how many people think it's some sort of conspiracy directed at them personally. The amount of idiots in the US is frightening.

I just had a letter forwarded to me from a mfg that we don't do business with, but the ripple effect is sure to impact us shortly. Let the good times roll!

1. We will not accept any new orders during the period of time from May 10th thru May 21st. If we find that we are able to remove this restriction sooner, we will begin by removing the restriction on customers with commitments for monthly orders first.
    2. We will not accept ANY orders with cuts, parallels or striping until further notice. We will do our best to remove this restriction when the time presents itself, but we do not have a future prediction on when this will be available again.
    3. We will not accept any orders for XHHW, USE or PV products until further notice. This is driven due to the lack of availability on the base compound. We will still sell what is in stock (in accordance with the above #1 restriction), but any backorders on these products will be cancelled immediately once order has shipped.
    4. We will not accept any long-term blanket orders thru the rest of the month of May. We will resume accepting those orders in the month of June.

precision ball screws...... this morning's (months) new challenge for production.

Hudge delays getting wine out of Europe and into Colorado right now. I used to estimate 8-10 weeks from order to delivery. Now I'm lucky if it takes 16 weeks. And we're getting multiple surcharges slapped onto our containers when they do finally make it onto a boat. No reefers available this summer so we're scrambling to get wine for the fall shipped in before it gets hot enough to cook everything during transit. It's really super...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

On the bright side, my XT mtn bike brakes just showed up after being on backorder for quite some time!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    It's amazing how many people think it's some sort of conspiracy directed at them personally. The amount of idiots in the US is frightening.

I just had a letter forwarded to me from a mfg that we don't do business with, but the ripple effect is sure to impact us shortly. Let the good times roll!
    I tell everyone that this has made me much more relaxed. I used to be able to do SOMETHING about it, now I can't. If I COULD work harder and solve it for you, I would. But here we are.

That letter is not surprising. On our end the suppliers are rationing materials. We just took delivery of 38,000 lbs of raw material that should "SHOULD" be enough to clear our current backorders on certain product lines. Of course, I am expected to go out and sell more. The rationing of raw materials is what is killing everybody. Bright side, all the rest and commercial stuff is solid, and that's all I do down here.

How's NAP doing now that he went to the dark side?
    You still see him? He still gaping with Greg at AZ?

Yanno what you can't get? Wet cat food.

I. There is a shortage on the packaging, and
    2. There is a shortage on the product.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post

How's NAP doing now that he went to the dark side?
    You still see him? He still gaping with Greg at AZ?
    He's killing it like usual. I haven't seen him much because of covid, but we are about to open up as everyone is almost fully vaccinated. We were part of the reason for the dark side chasing him. Either way it was a win-win situation for us. The dark side is non-public vs the public co. as you know, so they're pretty good to work for. A lot of flexibility to make problems go away.

Idk about the AZ, but they went to college together or something?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

We need to ban that shit.
    It’s wet
    It’s nasty
    It smells.

Let cats eat rats and mice if they don’t like dry kibble.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Shortage of stuff plus shortage of truck drivers mean fewer trucks on the road meaning less road kill to turn into cat food.

We need to ban that shit.
    It’s wet
    It’s nasty
    It smells.

Let cats eat rats and mice if they don’t like dry kibble.
    Bad news: kibble shortage - Royal Canin dry is pretty much a memory

Grape Nuts were out of stock a while ago for a few months. Hope that doesn’t happen again.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 05-12-2021 at 06:30 PM.