Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Wow was the supermarket bare today. Whole sections were empty.

Costco was out of Kirkland TP today, had to buy that Charmin rolled up dryer lint shit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Costco was out of Kirkland TP today, had to buy that Charmin rolled up dryer lint shit instead.
    My wife has decided to save the trees by buying bamboo tp and paper towels. The tp is ok but the paper towels are worthless. Maybe there are better brands than we've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    worker shortage, delivery truck, or supply chain? Could be any one.

bundaberg is tasty ginger beer. Barrett’s a good mixer. Reeds too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Probably mainly because nobody drinks that shit.
    John Prine was fond of it.

The Handsome Johnny his favorite cocktail was made with vodka and ginger ale and was best enjoyed with a cigarette 9 miles long.

http://https://www.distillerytrail.c...hnny-cocktail/
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Wegmans? I'm surprised. Local Kroegers was out of eggs for a day and Trac razor refills but the whole Pugetopolis has been isolated from the mainland for 3 days. Nothing got in or out.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Wegmans? I'm surprised. Local Kroegers was out of eggs for a day and Trac razor refills but the whole Pugetopolis has been isolated from the mainland for 3 days. Nothing got in or out.
    Shipment coming from upstate in the next few days...no worries

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Ginger beer is the bomb. Local Costco had some around the holidays but gone now.
    I also haven't seen any ginger beer up here in Canada since xmas. I like it for dark & stormys, but also just to drink on it's own because yes, that shit is the bomb.

Big Ginger, please save us!

FWIW the Albertsons in BZN is getting pretty empty as well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The local ski hill ran out of the plastic cards they print the ski passes on and we were a month into the season before they got their order filled
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    No it was Stop & Shop. Between unavailable/out of stock so they can't get it, other supply chain issues and 70% of the staff either out with covid or they quit over the last few weeks and they're just limping by. My daughter works at a local supermarket and they've been running at half staff (or less) for a few months now. They have 4 people in the bakery dept to cover 96 open hours and they are required to have 3 people on a shift so the 2 full timers are working 6 days and at least 56 hours while the part timers are working 4 days and at least 44 hours. The local Whole Foods has had the meat dept closed for 3 days now and the seafood dept has one part time employee left on staff, the rest left before the holidays so it's only open a few days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    worker shortage, delivery truck, or supply chain? Could be any one.

bundaberg is tasty ginger beer. Barrett’s a good mixer. Reeds too sweet.
    We bought a W&D set for the house. Talking the the local appliance store last week, the sales rep says we are going to be a few weeks late on delivery because every single one of their delivery drivers quit. Must have been a not so great place to work, and/or they found something that paid better with less works stress. #resignation FTW!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife has decided to save the trees by buying bamboo tp and paper towels. The tp is ok but the paper towels are worthless. Maybe there are better brands than we've tried.
    My wife is similar. We're currently getting monthly deliveries from Who Gives a . I really like their TP and the tissues aren't bad. Their paper towels are not great, but not terrible.

https://us.whogivesacrap.org/
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I bought some of that Bamboo TP when the first shortages occured in early 2020 and the TP is REALLY expensive

I put in a 70$ bidet attachment which really saves trees and money

but not everyone likes Bidets
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Both the wife and I haven’t seen any ginger ale, in any brand, for over two weeks. I talked to the Coke guy restocking the shelves at Harmons this morning about it. He also had not seen or delivered any in the past two weeks and has no idea why.
    Still unable to find any around here. I pop I to random stores just to see if I can find any. Nobody know why and I can’t find anything on the intertoobz. I think Q is up to something again.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Bamboo TP here now too. It's not so bad. No idea of the cost. Staples ordered on the internet is her department.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

but not everyone likes Bidets
    True, we had an RE agent walk through our house thinking we were going to be selling and moving (hasn't happened yet because it's hard to figure out where we'll live next), and she was pretty unhappy when she saw the bidet. "Um, can you put the original seat back before we show the house?" Like asking if you're going to put away your strap-on collection before the open house. Of course, we were thinking "no way we're going to sell that!" The bidet does not convey

On the positive side, I did manage to pick up two 12 packs of diet orange soda the other day after not seeing any for over a year. But they were out of diet cola of any kind. Weird.

My wife picked up a heated bidet toilet seat. We had an electrician install an outlet for it and we told him he could be the first to try it, but he declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Still unable to find any around here. I pop I to random stores just to see if I can find any. Nobody know why and I can’t find anything on the intertoobz. I think Q is up to something again.
    Have you tried liquor stores or looked over by the bloody mary mix and other mixers instead over on the soda pop aisle?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So apparently there's a run on Q-tips? At least for this town. My giant costco supply finally dwindled, after what, a couple years. Safeway had none. Go to City Market, lady was like, "yeah those are a hot item right now!"

Bought a couple small travel packs from the travel/sample shelf in the interim but wtf.

Cotton shortage? Are people showering more working from home? Finally getting around to detailing those keyboards and crevices?

None of us were worrying about Q tips until you brought it up. Now we're all going to rush out and by 3 boxes and people in the store are going to see that and they're all going to buy 6 boxes, and pretty soon there really will be a shortage. When all that really happened is the Qtip truck got a flat tire.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Of course, we were thinking "no way we're going to sell that!" The bidet does not convey
    Sold our house in Lake Oswego in 2020. We had a Toto Washlet on a newer Toto toilet and I indeed took it off and put the original seat back on. BUT I FORGOT THE FUCKING REMOTE CONTOL MOUNTED ON THE WALL. $140 new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    So apparently there's a run on Q-tips? At least for this town. My giant costco supply finally dwindled, after what, a couple years. Safeway had none. Go to City Market, lady was like, "yeah those are a hot item right now!"

Bought a couple small travel packs from the travel/sample shelf in the interim but wtf.

Cotton shortage? Are people showering more working from home? Finally getting around to detailing those keyboards and crevices?
    If you need a care package of qtips, let me know. I went to buy some a few weeks ago, and the only box they had was a monster 2 year supply (at least for me).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Scott 1000 grit sandpaper FTW. Seems like I'm the only one that ever wants that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Scott 1000 grit sandpaper FTW. Seems like I'm the only one that ever wants that shit.
    I bought a large multipack of that sandpaper maybe 18 months ago to use in our camper (because the thinner paper works better in a black water tank); I couldn't find any small 4-packs anywhere. Sold the camper and was left with 10 rolls or so of the worst toilet paper known to man. But I couldn't just throw it away, because it's still TP. I am now down to my very last roll, and my ass is about to rejoice.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy