Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Scott 1000 grit sandpaper FTW. Seems like I'm the only one that ever wants that shit.
    Holy shit you're alive!

I used to use Scotts, now my old ass prefers Kirkland brand as a happy medium between sand-papering my ass and pulling lint out of it

You guys have sensitive assholes. My old climbing partner spent a lot of time in Asia and South America and kept samples of tp from every country he visited in his parka, to remind himself--and me-- how good the tp is here.
    On the other extreme my son will only use Northern, because it's triple ply.

I've been using bamboo lately. I believe it's made out of old Arizona ballots.

Ink cartridges for my high end Epson printer are now suddenly out of stock. May have to wait at least a month. There's a little chip in each one that talks to the printer, I wonder if that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If you need a care package of qtips, let me know. I went to buy some a few weeks ago, and the only box they had was a monster 2 year supply (at least for me).
    I should be good for a bit but I 'preciate ya!

Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ink cartridges for my high end Epson printer are now suddenly out of stock. May have to wait at least a month. There's a little chip in each one that talks to the printer, I wonder if that's the problem.
    are you sure your current cartridge isn't just clogged. You fix it with a little alcohol and a Q tip.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    My wife is similar. We're currently getting monthly deliveries from Who Gives a . I really like their TP and the tissues aren't bad. Their paper towels are not great, but not terrible.

https://us.whogivesacrap.org/
    This is not cheap. The paper is made in China and not great quality. The towel is not going to work as well as Bounty, Brawny, Mardi Gras etc which uses a different technology to be far more absorbent. The TP is a "cheater sheet", the sheets are 3.94" X 3.94", Costco Kirkland is 4.5" X 4.0". WGAC also claim's that their TP rolls are double length. No such designation in the toilet paper industry, any term such as double roll, jumbo roll, extra large, Mega etc means nothing. The size of the sheet X sheet count is all that matters. Premium quality bath tissue, Charmin, Northern, Kirkland uses a small amount of temporary wet strength in their bath tissue. This keeps you from poking your finger through the TP when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    This is not cheap. The paper is made in China and not great quality. The towel is not going to work as well as Bounty, Brawny, Mardi Gras etc which uses a different technology to be far more absorbent. The TP is a "cheater sheet", the sheets are 3.94" X 3.94", Costco Kirkland is 4.5" X 4.0". WGAC also claim's that their TP rolls are double length. No such designation in the toilet paper industry, any term such as double roll, jumbo roll, extra large, Mega etc means nothing. The size of the sheet X sheet count is all that matters. Premium quality bath tissue, Charmin, Northern, Kirkland uses a small amount of temporary wet strength in their bath tissue. This keeps you from poking your finger through the TP when it counts.
    Damn but you know a lot about TP. But if you don't mind I think I'll do my own research.

Re poking a hole--when we were little my mother spent 9 months in the hospital with TB. My dad hired a German woman--Margaret--to look after us. She had us fold our TP before using and suggested poking a hole in it as a handle. German humor. Come to think of it, my old climbing partner with TP's of the world is German too. What is it with Germans and TP.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've been using bamboo lately. I believe it's made out of old Arizona ballots.
    PolyASS[wipe]. I'll allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Damn but you know a lot about TP. But if you don't mind I think I'll do my own research.

Re poking a hole--when we were little my mother spent 9 months in the hospital with TB. My dad hired a German woman--Margaret--to look after us. She had us fold our TP before using and suggested poking a hole in it as a handle. German humor. Come to think of it, my old climbing partner with TP's of the world is German too. What is it with Germans and TP.
    And toilet shelves too. Seems to be a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Interesting. I just wipe my ass with the stuff. It's soft enough and no finger poking issues as yet. I do like that it's all paper, no plastic, though coming from China may negate that.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I fold my toilet paper before use. Let loose the Alsatians!

I don't have any idea what you fools are talking about????

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Chatting with the salesperson at the bike/ski shop yesterday - they are getting bike stuff they ordered in 2020, and they are also getting some new stock in ski boots for this season just as they are starting to put ski stuff on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    So apparently there's a run on Q-tips? At least for this town. My giant costco supply finally dwindled, after what, a couple years. Safeway had none. Go to City Market, lady was like, "yeah those are a hot item right now!"

Bought a couple small travel packs from the travel/sample shelf in the interim but wtf.

Cotton shortage? Are people showering more working from home? Finally getting around to detailing those keyboards and crevices?
    Maybe it's the dabbers? When my son and his friends started dabbing wax, I had to hide my Q-tips.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    Chatting with the salesperson at the bike/ski shop yesterday - they are getting bike stuff they ordered in 2020, and they are also getting some new stock in ski boots for this season just as they are starting to put ski stuff on sale.
    They'll do like that Top Gun sequel: not even put them on the shelves until this covid shit's behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Might have been Canon not Epson, but I saw a news story recently about a printer manufacturer who was showing its customers how to hack the DRM software in its printers as the chip shortage has left it unable to produce chipped print cartridges.

I recently got rid of my epson printer as it would always show low ink and refuse to print even though cartridges had minimal use. I think they put them on a timer to expire after x days.