Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Grape Nuts were out of stock a wile ago for a few months. Hope that doesn’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The shortage coincided with blueberry harvest.
    Just wrong
    . . .

Finishing kitchen is a headache. Between oversights, lack of follow through, poor planning, waiting and waiting to order we're fukd. Rubes don't know how to hustle, there is shit out there, but it's not going to fall in your lap. Moving a few electrons on the screen and saying "backordered for 2-3 months" does not get it done.

Example: Need 3 faucets, someone ordered the wrong ones(wasn't me - no I didn't change my mind!), reorder, 6 weeks later, "oh there is no hope of getting those, ever." A few phone calls later, 3 faucets are in the mail heading this way. And the GC is mad cause I didn't get them from his incompetent supplier.

Any of you material pimps have any intel on roofing supplies?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit just got real.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5426DBC2-2773-4E8A-82E8-27871CE746DD.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	374436
    I still call it The Jake.

^Haha!!! If Dr. Pepper becomes scarce, they might as well make every day Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Finishing kitchen is a headache. Between oversights, lack of follow through, poor planning, waiting and waiting to order we're fukd. Rubes don't know how to hustle, there is shit out there, but it's not going to fall in your lap. Moving a few electrons on the screen and saying "backordered for 2-3 months" does not get it done.

Example: Need 3 faucets, someone ordered the wrong ones(wasn't me - no I didn't change my mind!), reorder, 6 weeks later, "oh there is no hope of getting those, ever." A few phone calls later, 3 faucets are in the mail heading this way. And the GC is mad cause I didn't get them from his incompetent supplier.
    Give me moment to get out my tiny, tiny violin.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Shit just got real.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5426DBC2-2773-4E8A-82E8-27871CE746DD.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	374436
    I have a decent sized stash of polynesian in the fridge at work if anyone needs some.... shit is crack
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Global pandemics generally cause some disruption and attendant pain.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Grape Nuts were out of stock a while ago for a few months. Hope that doesn’t happen again.
    So you're the guy who buys that stuff. I knew that there had to be someone out there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So you're the guy who buys that stuff. I knew that there had to be someone out there.
    He couldn't get DG for his yard, so that was the next closest thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Maybe this is just me, but this seemingly has no impact on me.

Not building a house or remodeling - check
    Not buying a car for awhile- check
    Don’t buy a lot of stuff generally- check

I guess when I can’t buy apples and salad dressing I will get worried about this. In the meantime it seems like the basics still keep moving down the supply chain.

Has to be super frustrating as a builder right now though. I can’t imagine 2x4s at the prices you are quoting, that would have seriously fucked the budget on some low bid civil projects I worked on in the past that had lots of wood for work. (Like truck after truck of lumber and plywood.)

^^^
    You just get back to us when you can't get enough delicious sauce for your sweet, sweet chicken. We'll see who's impacted then.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

I guess when I can’t buy apples and salad dressing I will get worried about this. In the meantime it seems like the basics still keep moving down the supply chain.

Has to be super frustrating as a builder right now though. I can’t imagine 2x4s at the prices you are quoting, that would have seriously fucked the budget on some low bid civil projects I worked on in the past that had lots of wood for work. (Like truck after truck of lumber and plywood.)
    wait until your phone or computer breaks

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    wait until your phone or computer breaks
    Do I really need those things on short order or can I just go grab a flip phone at Walmart and get by for awhile?

I guess I will read more books?

Perspective I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

Caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper hasn't been available in about a year. WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There is always 7-up
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This is nothing new. Broken supply chains destroyed the company I was CFO for late last year.

In April it was lexan - everybody was setting up sneeze barriers
    In July it was aluminum panels
    In August it was resistors
    Then in October it was 2800K LED chips, and ETA was like six months out.
    At that point we folded the tents - customers weren't willing to wait that long for product.

Our Hino truck windshield needed replacing and they were not available. We used an aftermarket one and it leaks...a lot. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper hasn't been available in about a year. WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???
    I cannot think of the last time I saw or drank Dr pepper. High school?
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    This is nothing new. Broken supply chains destroyed the company I was CFO for late last year.

In April it was lexan - everybody was setting up sneeze barriers
    In July it was aluminum panels
    In August it was resistors
    Then in October it was 2800K LED chips, and ETA was like six months out.
    At that point we folded the tents - customers weren't willing to wait that long for product.
    Damn. I posted in the electronic shortage thread about some of the long lead times but we were able to get through the first bit. Now I'm running into issues with part and assembly availability. And yeah trying to decide about eating the price increase or passing it on, feels like we're aiming at moving targets and just trying to hold it together.

Coors just discontinued extra gold. I understood that they were short on cans during the heart of the covid and prioritized packaging more popular/profitable products. Evidently they decided the market could live without extra gold permanently. Not as big a deal as the chicken sauce shortage but not insignificant either...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I cannot think of the last time I saw or drank Dr pepper. High school?
    I have filed this away in my abraham info binder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Coors just discontinued extra gold. I understood that they were short on cans during the heart of the covid and prioritized packaging more popular/profitable products. Evidently they decided the market could live without extra gold permanently. Not as big a deal as the chicken sauce shortage but not insignificant either...
    Again, WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??? Oh, wait.

We are tearing down and building a new deck and backyard fence. Wish us luck.
    Good thing we have a few hundred K set aside for the pickets.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We are tearing down and building a new deck and backyard fence. Wish us luck.
    Good thing we have a few hundred K set aside for the pickets.
    Isn’t this like buying tulips at the peak of tulip mania?

Why the hell would you do this knowing all the supply and price issues with lumber?

I guess make sure the lumber package is sitting in your backyard before you demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Aluminum prices have been creeping up. Now with oil prices going up, plastics prices are following. So putting Coors in a plastic bottle is not the answer either. Luckily there's plenty of alcohol as they were the first to adopt to the increased demand for the WFH crowd and people who just needed to drink away the COVID stress.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch