Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    More likely waiting to unload then parked with nothing to do.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-por...22-11630843202
    U.S. Ports See Shipping Logjams Likely Extending Far Into 2022
    https://www.joc.com/port-news/us-por..._20210916.html

Top Southeast US ports expect congestion, backlogs to persist

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    My buddy Michael was clearing out some transit passenger vans from his rental fleet a couple/three weeks ago at SAA.com. Had a '19 he bought for around 27k with 7k miles, now has 50k after 43k of rentals. Put it up with a reserve of $28k, sold for $39k. Owner of SAA was standing next to him at the lanes and said the Transit line has shut down, none to buy.
    That explains shit. Was looking at used transit cargo, but they want all the money.
    Said fuck it I’ll buy new. Dealers want $5k over msrp. Fuck that shite.
    . . .

National code is dishwashers are appliances and need a cord plugged into a gfic outlet. Try explaining to your adjuster that Lowes was out of cords before the fire started.

National code is dishwashers are appliances and need a cord plugged into a gfic outlet. Try explaining to your adjuster that Lowes was out of cords before the fire started.
    I don't know nothing man...that's how the Lowes guy set er up.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I hate the douche that puts a gfi outlet behind a dishwasher. Fuck that guy.
    GFI breaker? Fine. But don’t make me remove the DW to push the reset.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I hate the douche that puts a gfi outlet behind a dishwasher. Fuck that guy.
    GFI breaker? Fine. But don’t make me remove the DW to push the reset.
    My electrician places the outlet in the sink cabinet so it's easy to reset.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

In other news, all of the major shipping vendors are raising rates again... and adding a fuel surcharge for abnormally high fuel prices whatever the hell that means. Happy holidays folks..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

According to the code I believe you can hard wire the DW as long as there is GFCI protection on the circuit.
    I had a hard time finding a cord for my disposal at a place that always has everything. Maybe it's all part of a plot to discourage DIY installation.

VT inspectors still want the cord even if it's a protected circuit. No gray allowed. Huge condo fire here 7 years ago [fireplace related] has them double dotting the I's.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Not an electrician, but I thought all circuits in line after a counter GFCI are also protected by that outlet. Not as good as the proper breaker, but at least gets the GFCI out from under the cabinet if reseting is an issue.

GFCI receptacles are better than breakers unless you're doing a new branch circuit then they're equal but the breakers are more money. GFCI breakers/receptacles do not prevent fires, they prevent shocks. For fire protection you want an arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI)

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Not an electrician, but I thought all circuits in line after a counter GFCI are also protected by that outlet. Not as good as the proper breaker, but at least gets the GFCI out from under the cabinet if reseting is an issue.
    Dishwasher, fridge, microwave all require their own circuits. Lots of drama about resetting, I have never had a DW or Disposal trip before, something would have to be fucked up for it to trip.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    There have been two instances this summer when I visited a Starbucks and was told they were out of coffee. This was because of a lack of delivery of beans. If there is one thing I’d expect a Starbucks to have it is coffee. They offered me one of those fancy teas instead which I politely declined while cursing these shortages and supply breaks under my breath.
    Jesus, you'd think they'd at least go down to the local grocery store and buy some of their own branded shit just to save face.

Bizarrely, IÂ’m pretty sure the Kirkland branded Starbucks coffee at Costco has actually come down in price over the last year. I think I paid $11.99 for 2.5 pounds last week.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Bizarrely, IÂ’m pretty sure the Kirkland branded Starbucks coffee at Costco has actually come down in price over the last year. I think I paid $11.99 for 2.5 pounds last week.
    Just about everything else is up though. Buy your kiddies their Xmas toys now. It's a fight to see who will blink first on the price of a 40' cntr from China to the USWC. $20k plus these days. Used to be about $3k. Nutz.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just about everything else is up though. Buy your kiddies their Xmas toys now. It's a fight to see who will blink first on the price of a 40' cntr from China to the USWC. $20k plus these days. Used to be about $3k. Nutz.

And your phones and your tablets and your computers and your...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    And your phones and your tablets and your computers and your...
    that travels air.

It would be great if this whole scenario resulted in more domestic goods. I'm guessing not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It would be great if this whole scenario resulted in more domestic goods. I'm guessing not.
    I'm seeing more and more "assembled in Mexico", but I believe that was primarily driven by Trump Ghina tariffs prior to Covid.

VT inspectors still want the cord even if it's a protected circuit. No gray allowed. Huge condo fire here 7 years ago [fireplace related] has them double dotting the I's.
    So a plug wire is better than Romex or bc?
    Fuck those inspectors
    . . .

PS5 came out almost a year ago. I didn't want one right away because why bother. A year later, worked a lot of OT the past couple weeks and figure imma treat m'self.

Why the bloodclot are these things still impossible to find! Like, they're harder to find than the beer in the fridge behind the milk. It's ridiculous!

Really good article for those that care to read through it. Some is obvious, some things more subtle on what is going on with the supply chain. America really did screw it self by off-shoring so much mfg. capabilities and sourcing of raw materials. But even the mfg. companies I deal with here in the US can't even get products made due to raw material and labor issues. And if they can get it made, they can't get it moved to the retailers to get it into our grubby little consumer addicted hands.

For those with kids, better buy little Johnny and Susie's Xmas toys now. Or given them cash, adjusted for inflation of course.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...ipping/620147/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Plywood down 50% at my local yard.

I read that Atlantic article recently, came here to post it…

OTOH, my business colleagues see hopeful signs that more resilient supply chain strategies are in place now. https://www.mhlnews.com/transportati...hipping-season reflects the ‘cautious optimism’ that’s been creeping in recently.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Plywood down 50% at my local yard.

I read that Atlantic article recently, came here to post it…
    yes, same here on the plywood. We had the local lumber yard, which bought at the higher lumber prices sitting on a crap ton of 2x4 and plywood, that they are trying to sell at almost twice the cost of HD or Lowes. Not sure what they plan to do with all that wood, other than dollar cost average it down to unload it.