Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    250k. LMFAO, you're a moron
    lol Your mom called. She figured it was closer to 270k.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Your mom called.
    what did she say?
    swing your fucking sword.

Is she in a tent?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Hope you guys like whatever tent you already own....
    Those Chinese Hille knockoffs are looking better & better.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    what did she say?
    PM Rontele

Pat's pitching a tent?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

In ten cities? (despite Ted Nugent)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Hope you guys like whatever tent you already own....
    Tent shortage due to people wanting to go camping + supply chain issues OR too many new homeless people living in tents?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    what did she say?
    she's dead, and in a pile of ashes

lol Your mom called. She figured it was closer to 270k.
    My gawd you're a fucking ignorant cunt. Are you trying to be a shithole troll...need to be insufferable to find yourself? So shut the fuck up you asshat gaper goat fucker

FYI, I replaced more brakes in July 1989 than you have in your life.

https://www.nsford.com/blogs/2500/se...0uneven%20wear.
    Brake pads can last anywhere between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. The variance depends on your driving style and typical driving conditions. Using data provided by Federal Highway Administration statistics on how many miles people drive annually, typical brake pads will last between 3 and 7 years.
    Brake rotors last roughly 70,000 miles, but they need to be inspected for uneven wear. If they do become slightly misshapen, you can have them turned or machined to be round again. This can usually be done two or three times before the rotors need to be completely replaced, but new technologies and increased labor costs may not make machining as cost-effective as complete replacement.

https://cartreatments.com/how-long-brake-pads-last/
    Average Life of Brake Pads
    Brake pads are a consumable part since the pad wears down with use. Though there are many factors that can determine the time that brake pads can be safely used on your vehicle, the average lifespan is somewhere between 30,000 and 70,000 miles for most vehicles.

https://www.hondaoflincoln.com/servi...%20maintenance.
    How Many Miles Do Brakes Last?
    Average brake life runs between 25,000 and 65,000 miles, though some people will have brake pads last beyond 80,000 miles. While it’s impossible to give an exact number, the 40,000-mile range is the general mileage to keep in mind when planning for vehicle maintenance. Keeping up with your vehicle’s standard service intervals will provide the best care for your Honda, since they’ll take everything from torque calculations to OEM specs into account. However, when it comes to your brake pads, their lifespan and condition will depend on more factors than that.

https://xlmechanicalservice.ca/how-o...eplace-brakes/
    Generally truck mechanics recommend that brake pads needs to be replaced after 75,000 kilometers. However, some need to be replaced after 40,000 kilometers while others can actually last up to 110,000 kilometers. It really depends on the factors that we have listed above.

https://www.firestonecompleteautocar...ake-pads-last/
    How long do you think the brake pads on your vehicle should last?

25,000 miles
    50,000 miles
    70,000 miles
    All of the above … maybe … sometimes?

https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Brakes/FAQ
    How long do brake pads and rotors last?
    The lifespan of your brake components depends on a wide set of factors, from the type of pads and rotors you have to your personal driving style. Most brake pad companies and mechanics agree that pads typically last between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. Brake rotors can last quite a bit longer (as much as 3 times as long as pads), but again this depends on many factors like your driving conditions and brake system maintenance. If you're in the market for new brake pads, click here to compare the mileage warranties on our top 5 brands.

NOT ONE FUCKING EXAMPLE THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO PROVING YOUR POINT. STFU, YOU'VE BEEN PWND

Everybody's mom is dead on the internet...
    you want to see her ashes goat fucker?

Got a friend trying to locate a large blur with xt....anybody seen one in their local shops?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    you want to see her ashes goat fucker?

Frankly I'm surprised you have time for anything but hate-fueled rage, but here you go: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...85#post5465685

XT? They're Sram builds. EVO has one available.

I got 120k miles out of a set of rear rotors and pads on a '91 Nissan hardbody 4x2, 5 speed. Of course I didn't try and use the gears as a brake, since burning up a tranny is more expensive than a set of brakes.

Also, I hear it's very hard to find electrical panels these days. Not to mention romex copper wiring.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Well you should have gotten infinite miles on a set of rear rotors for a hardbody, because that truck had drums. #PEDANTIC
    Live Free or Die

^^^ Oooh, burn!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Really, this is all the governments fault. Back in the days of asbestos brakes they would last a million miles. Fireproof too.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post

Also, I hear it's very hard to find electrical panels these days. Not to mention romex copper wiring.
    Breakers were an issue, but not so much anymore.

Anything that is mostly plastic is an issue and will continue to be so. Like a nail-on box that holds your light switch and outlets.

I got 120k miles out of a set of rear rotors and pads on a '91 Nissan hardbody 4x2, 5 speed. Of course I didn't try and use the gears as a brake, since burning up a tranny is more expensive than a set of brakes.

One of the few worthwhile things I garnered from my dead stepfather: "You know you're gonna turn here. Go ahead and downshift to slow down, it'll save you a lot of money replacing brakes." This in my '67 VW Bug I bought for $650.
    "Won't it hurt the transmission?"
    "Noooo. They're built to do that."

Last edited by highangle; 05-17-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Of course I didn't try and use the gears as a brake, since burning up a tranny is more expensive than a set of brakes.
    Hate to contribute to the thread drift any more than need be, but don't think you'll burn up a tranny by engine braking. Super efficient too.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/u-s-...mber-1.5430203

after years of playing Dirty/ fucking over Canadian lumber producers on softwood trade agreements American lawmakers want to revisit tariffs but i havent heard of any Canadian company caring

" In order to have an agreement and in order to have a negotiation, you need to have a partner. And thus far, the Canadians have not expressed interest in engaging," Tai said
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have seen the "don't use the engine for braking because transmissions cost more than brakes to replace" thing many times, hell the Car Talk guys even said it, but it always bothered me because it was not a complete explanation. Even if we assume that engine braking causes some wear on a transmission, one would need to know the extent of that wear, how much engine braking shortens the life of a transmission, to know if it is less cost effective to do that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I bet that truck towed a 5th wheel like a boss!

One of the few worthwhile things I garnered from my dead stepfather: "You know you're gonna turn here. Go ahead and downshift to slow down, it'll save you a lot of money replacing brakes." This in my '67 VW Bug I bought for $650. "Won't it hurt the transmission?" "Noooo. They're built to do that."

No, but you could hardly feel a 4'x8' Uhaul trailer. And my bad on the drums. I should have known better. I hear getting brake calipers is an issue these days too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have seen the "don't use the engine for braking because transmissions cost more than brakes to replace" thing many times, hell the Car Talk guys even said it, but it always bothered me because it was not a complete explanation. Even if we assume that engine braking causes some wear on a transmission, one would need to know the extent of that wear, how much engine braking shortens the life of a transmission, to know if it is less cost effective to do that.
    I think it depends on how you do it, a real truck driver will double clutch down thru the manual gear box and he's got a lot of gears

if you are dumping into lower gears and over speeding at engagement thats not good for the trans, the skill with which most people usethe trans for a break they should probaby just use the brakes cuz modern brakes are pretty good

In cuba we had this driver who would shift to neutral to coast down every hill and grind it back into A gear at the bottom cuz thats what he learned from gas rationing but i think the amount of gas saved vs destroyed gearbox/ clutch was a loser
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know