Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

The Supply shitshow

^^^^^ I double dog dare anyone to smoke some indica and then try to read that post 5 times. I bet you can’t do it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Instead of people making furniture out of pa, llets (a lot of Asian made pallets use some attractive although low grade lumber) maybe people should be making pallets out of furniture.
    yeah hanging out at the telkwa mall ( AKA the dump) scavenging wood a higher end pallet would be made of philipine manhogamy so this ^^statement totally makes sense to me

but i've only consumed a bottle of Stoneleigh sav blanc ,

I highly recommend the Stoneleigh products
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Too bad you're 3k miles away, I could use a load of redwood like that.

I read an article the other day that said pallet prices are up 400% and rising. Turnaround times on pallet orders are 8-12 months and some companies won't even take orders anymore. This is screwing up shipping domestically and has the potential to shut down a few things so pallets can keep heading towards food production and distribution first and foremost.
    Shit I got a place locally that dumps em out front at the street monthly. Most are totally reusable.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

funny cause my buddy and i went out back behind lowes the other day and loaded his truck bed with pallets for a pallet fire.
    swing your fucking sword.

so yer tellin me we burned moneys?
    swing your fucking sword.

A year ago driving food truck there were all kinds of shit pallets thrown everyhwere behind the wholesale and i had a bunch in the truck i was drivivng. I went looking last week for some pallets to stack fire wood on and it was all cleaned up, they had some good [pallets out of better wood which are painted blue to indicate as such and they shipped them all back to main office, so IMO the big users are reusing so i would say its changed a bit, but some pallets are still ending up at the dump

the best way to have a pallet fire is to have a fork lift to feed the fire
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^^^^ I double dog dare anyone to smoke some indica and then try to read that post 5 times. I bet you can’t do it.
    It's just an independent clause parenthetically thrown across the middle of his sentence like a Jersey barrier. How much indica?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    When you say jump, I say 'How High?'

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    so yer tellin me we burned moneys?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    A year ago driving food truck there were all kinds of shit pallets thrown everyhwere behind the wholesale and i had a bunch in the truck i was drivivng. I went looking last week for some pallets to stack fire wood on and it was all cleaned up, they had some good [pallets out of better wood which are painted blue to indicate as such and they shipped them all back to main office, so IMO the big users are reusing so i would say its changed a bit, but some pallets are still ending up at the dump

the best way to have a pallet fire is to have a fork lift to feed the fire
    "And that, your honor, is how the forklift ended up in the fire."

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Tree poaching is going to make a comeback

Here's some fun listening to some Digikey guys talking about the electronics part shortages and what's causing them. The pickplace podcast is pretty interesting and I was aware of some of these underlying issues but not all of them.
    https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...NTc0MTMw?ep=14

Fuck dude 47 minutes. Ain' nobody got time for that. A précis of the salient points would be appreciated, though.

Digikey is a weird throw back to the way the US used to be. A large reach Corp headquartered in small town bumfuck America (thief river falls, mn). They were running busses from 2-3 hours away for workers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, wishing I didn't put it off last year, I need same. Maybe in a few years.
    We switched gears. Likely going with an 8x20 shipping container. Around $3k and will likely last a lot longer. Over time I will make it look more she'd like for aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    We switched gears. Likely going with an 8x20 shipping container. Around $3k and will likely last a lot longer. Over time I will make it look more she'd like for aesthetics.

Over time it will look like you live in a trailer park.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Instead of people making furniture out of pallets (a lot of Asian made pallets use some attractive although low grade lumber) maybe people should be making pallets out of furniture.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 6.43.16 PM.png
Views: 535
Size:  445.7 KB
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

I wonder what happens when the auto manufacturers finally get their bags of chips and tens of thousands of cars come to market almost instantly? Maybe 1 year from now is a great time to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I wouldn't be shocked of it takes longer to get car production up to speed. I guess several manufacturers cancelled their orders at the beginning of covid and now they're at the back of the line.

A few comments I read on a blog post about component shortages.
    I'm getting ready to order a batch of parts for a design, and a very low volume run. Trying to figure out how to protect ourselves as much as possible as things are getting snapped up.

Hah, as if the chip shortages weren’t bad enough.. I just got an email from one of our boardstuffers today that the board house is out of raw stock of a copper clad core used on one of our most popular items. Closest product is ~.18mm thicker and we use two per stack. Now we have to figure out if we need to retest EMC and if it’s still going to fit in it’s enclosure.

Good times… good times.

I’m running a Kickstarter that ended in April. I had to change the MCU and I/O expander sources and models at least 5 times before I found one with enough stock to get me what I need, and even then I only have about 30 spares now for a production run of over 500.

I’ve also pretty much put most of my other Tindie projects on hold that don’t run on DIP MCUs (seems to be the only thing not impacted).

Over time it will look like you live in a trailer park.
    Hey it's "upstate".

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Hey it's "upstate".

Thumbs up. I'll mention the container idea to my wife. I'm not sure it will fly. And generally I'm not a fan of the aesthetic. However, isn't there a global shortage of containers?

Thumbs up. I'll mention the container idea to my wife. I'm not sure it will fly. And generally I'm not a fan of the aesthetic. However, isn't there a global shortage of containers?
    doesnt seems to be around these parts. The ones for sale are typically past their 15 years use as a container for shipping.

Ive always liked the idea...I know they dont look great, but practicality wise they are killer. 8'6" door thats 8ft wide....20 feet long. 8x20 shed would cost closer to $5K and what, so it looks a little nicer? Naaaaa ill take the extra space at less cost thanks. I also love the durability over wood based. toss in a couple windows from some reno job or craigs. Put a solar roof fan in and it should be all good.

It would come in handy if I needed to set up a black site for extraordinary rendition for the Canadian Maple Syrup Cartel

It would come in handy if I needed to set up a black site for extraordinary rendition for the Canadian Maple Syrup Cartel
    indoor grow....hmmmmm lol

16 year old refrigerator starting to die. Trying to find a replacement at any price is expensive.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"