Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Don’t worry, she was all French in the sack.
    Were we talking about Flammekuchen, or Tarte Flambé?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Don’t worry, she was all French in the sack.
    Were we talking about Flammekuchen, or Tarte Flambé?
    Dünnele, you traitor!
    Name:  w_427600.jpeg
Views: 518
Size:  39.3 KB
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Strawberries.
    Not if you get them from a farmer's market. And in Sacramento the developers used to lease land they were holding to Hmong farmers who grew strawberries and sold them from little stands at intersections in the southern outskirts. I don't know if they're still doing that or if they're selling houses there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Noise pollution as well. Loved the absolute quiet of lockdown last spring.
    It was eerie, but in a cool way. The odd car on our street was weird when it happened.

IMO guns and attitudes about them. Cliche, but there were probably 25 or so shotguns/rifles in rear window racks or trunks on a given day at my high school in the late 70s/early 80s. and gun violence was unheard of.

"bring a gun to a classroom? ha. mah daddie woulda shoved that gun up my ass and dare me to shit." not the world that is now, but was.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2423065107924177
    "Can't you see..."

Ticks. They're fucking everywhere this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    The amount of mags that inject poly ass into the padded room
    Ever wake up in the morning and feel like burning a thread to the ground for no good reason?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ever wake up in the morning and feel like burning a thread to the ground for no good reason?
    I have ruined a thread before, even worsererer, so I guess I can’t speak. I apologized for my actions in the past.

I just hate politics in this day n age. And it creeps into more threads here than it used to..

Glacier National Park

comedy
    swing your fucking sword.

Bite size candy.

^ truth. as I kid chryst i loved the giant sweettarts that were then convex vs concave. wait they weren't bitesize....
    "Can't you see..."

I didn't read this thread yet.
    Anybody mention the humor on TGR?

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    They used to be German for decades! Until highangle's ancestors freed them from Sauerkraut sandwiches. So you've betrayed America too !

And despite highangles ancestors best efforts the EU turned into a hippie commie breeding ground...
    Eurohippies are fucking weird...But France was a Communist breeding ground even before she was conquered by the Nazis, and a major component of La Résistance were fighting for a Communist France after The Allies cleared out the Germans for them...

After the signing of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and the outbreak of World War II in 1939, the French Communist Party (PCF) was declared a proscribed organisation by Édouard Daladier's government.[194] Many of its leaders were arrested and imprisoned or forced to go underground.[195] The PCF adopted an antiwar position on orders of the Comintern in Moscow,[59][196] which remained in place for the first year of the German occupation, reflecting the September 1939 nonaggression pact between Germany and the USSR.[197] Conflicts erupted within the party, as many of its members opposed collaboration with the Germans while others toed the party line of neutrality as directed by Stalin in Moscow.[195][198] On Armistice Day, November 11, 1940, communists were among the university students demonstrating against German repression by marching along the Champs-Élysées.[199] It was only when Germany invaded the Soviet Union in 1941 that French communists actively began to organize a resistance effort.[200][201] They benefited from their experience in clandestine operations during the Spanish Civil War.[195]

On 21 August 1941, Colonel Pierre-Georges Fabien committed the first overt violent act of communist resistance by assassinating a German officer at the Barbès-Rochechouart station of the Paris Métro.[202] The attack, and others perpetrated in the following weeks, provoked fierce reprisals, culminating in the execution of 98 hostages after the Feldkommandant of Nantes was shot on 20 October.[81]

The military strength of the communists was still relatively feeble at the end of 1941, but the rapid growth of the Francs-Tireurs et Partisans (FTP), a radical armed movement, ensured that French communists regained their reputation as an effective anti-fascist force.[203] The FTP was open to non-communists but operated under communist control,[204] with its members predominantly engaged in acts of sabotage and guerrilla warfare.[205] By 1944, the FTP had an estimated strength of 100,000 men.[206]

Towards the end of the occupation the PCF reached the height of its influence, controlling large areas of France through the Resistance units under its command. Some in the PCF wanted to launch a revolution as the Germans withdrew from the country,[207] but the leadership, acting on Stalin's instructions, opposed this and adopted a policy of cooperating with the Allied powers and advocating a new Popular Front government.[208]

During the Nazi occupation of France, the French Trotskyist group Parti Ouvrier Internationaliste printed the clandestine magazine Arbeiter und Soldat (Worker and Soldier) for German troops. The publication opposed both fascism and western imperialism, and 12 issues were distributed from July 1943 through July 1944.[209][210]

Many well-known intellectual and artistic figures were attracted to the Communist party during the war, including the artist Pablo Picasso and the writer and philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre.[211] Philosophers Georges Politzer and Valentin Feldman and writer Jacques Decour were among others. After the German invasion of the USSR, many Russian white émigrés, inspired by Russian patriotic sentiment, would support the Soviet war effort. A number of them formed the Union of Russian Patriots, which adopted pro-Soviet positions and collaborated closely with the French Communist Party.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Eurohippies are fucking weird...But France was a Communist breeding ground even before she was conquered by the Nazis, and a major component of La Résistance were fighting for a Communist France after The Allies cleared out the Germans for them...

After the signing of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and the outbreak of World War II in 1939, the French Communist Party (PCF) was declared a proscribed organisation by Édouard Daladier's government.[194] Many of its leaders were arrested and imprisoned or forced to go underground.[195] The PCF adopted an antiwar position on orders of the Comintern in Moscow,[59][196] which remained in place for the first year of the German occupation, reflecting the September 1939 nonaggression pact between Germany and the USSR.[197] Conflicts erupted within the party, as many of its members opposed collaboration with the Germans while others toed the party line of neutrality as directed by Stalin in Moscow.[195][198] On Armistice Day, November 11, 1940, communists were among the university students demonstrating against German repression by marching along the Champs-Élysées.[199] It was only when Germany invaded the Soviet Union in 1941 that French communists actively began to organize a resistance effort.[200][201] They benefited from their experience in clandestine operations during the Spanish Civil War.[195]

On 21 August 1941, Colonel Pierre-Georges Fabien committed the first overt violent act of communist resistance by assassinating a German officer at the Barbès-Rochechouart station of the Paris Métro.[202] The attack, and others perpetrated in the following weeks, provoked fierce reprisals, culminating in the execution of 98 hostages after the Feldkommandant of Nantes was shot on 20 October.[81]

The military strength of the communists was still relatively feeble at the end of 1941, but the rapid growth of the Francs-Tireurs et Partisans (FTP), a radical armed movement, ensured that French communists regained their reputation as an effective anti-fascist force.[203] The FTP was open to non-communists but operated under communist control,[204] with its members predominantly engaged in acts of sabotage and guerrilla warfare.[205] By 1944, the FTP had an estimated strength of 100,000 men.[206]

Towards the end of the occupation the PCF reached the height of its influence, controlling large areas of France through the Resistance units under its command. Some in the PCF wanted to launch a revolution as the Germans withdrew from the country,[207] but the leadership, acting on Stalin's instructions, opposed this and adopted a policy of cooperating with the Allied powers and advocating a new Popular Front government.[208]

During the Nazi occupation of France, the French Trotskyist group Parti Ouvrier Internationaliste printed the clandestine magazine Arbeiter und Soldat (Worker and Soldier) for German troops. The publication opposed both fascism and western imperialism, and 12 issues were distributed from July 1943 through July 1944.[209][210]

Many well-known intellectual and artistic figures were attracted to the Communist party during the war, including the artist Pablo Picasso and the writer and philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre.[211] Philosophers Georges Politzer and Valentin Feldman and writer Jacques Decour were among others. After the German invasion of the USSR, many Russian white émigrés, inspired by Russian patriotic sentiment, would support the Soviet war effort. A number of them formed the Union of Russian Patriots, which adopted pro-Soviet positions and collaborated closely with the French Communist Party.
    Yeah I definitely need a few lessons on European history. Maybe I should read Wikipedia!
    Didn't Hitler ride a dinosaur to battle? This WWII stuff is really interesting! Who would have thought that France had left leaning intellectuals?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Didn't Hitler ride a dinosaur to battle? This WWII stuff is really interesting!

yes… yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    People. Lots more cunts, morons, idiots, self entitled douches and generally incompetent muther fathers, I'll stop there for the moment; but people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    IMO guns and attitudes about them. Cliche, but there were probably 25 or so shotguns/rifles in rear window racks or trunks on a given day at my high school in the late 70s/early 80s. and gun violence was unheard of.

"bring a gun to a classroom? ha. mah daddie woulda shoved that gun up my ass and dare me to shit." not the world that is now, but was.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2423065107924177
    I don't think the kids that are bringing guns to class have permission from dad

the NRA, broke bitches, I was an NRA member before they went crazy in 1977

Viva is tempting me to burn the NSFW thread to the ground with his Israel post.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Viva is tempting me to burn the NSFW thread to the ground with his Israel post.
    that thread got a lot worse over the span of a few minutes.
    those israelis got some fine women though.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Isn’t it obvious:
    Ability to travel freely
    like when you had to go get a visa at the consulate to go anywhere?

which brings me to my next point, fucking boomers.

will they hit the bottom before they hit the dirt?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yeah I definitely need a few lessons on European history. Maybe I should read Wikipedia!
    Didn't Hitler ride a dinosaur to battle? This WWII stuff is really interesting! Who would have thought that France had left leaning intellectuals?
    Yeah, who gives a fuck that Marx penned so much ancient history in Paris?
    And why are you assholes spending so much $$ rebuilding Notre Dame when the whole Isle de la Cite needs more high-rise residential? You don't have to be Pascal or Poincare realize the profit potential in luxury condos, what gives?