Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 147
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    8,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    People. Lots more cunts, morons, idiots, self entitled douches and generally incompetent muther fathers, I'll stop there for the moment; but people.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,825
    Concerts. I mean, have you seen what the rolling stones look like now?
    "Can't you see..."

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    3,343
    Strawberries.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,325
    Snow, wildfires, and peaches.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    Your mom's snatch and Cam Newton.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Republicans, Libertarians, conservatives, all have become whiny cunts.
    The amount of mags that inject poly ass into the padded room
    Last edited by AEV; 05-11-2021 at 08:00 AM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    peaches.
    Blasphemy.

    We are living in peak Peach.
    I still call it The Jake.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,325
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Blasphemy.

    We are living in peak Peach.
    I should come visit you. It’s been years since I’ve had a peach that compares to the wonderful smooth-textured juicy sweet ones I had as a kid.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    6,086
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Personal Freedoms.
    Critical thinking skills?

    Maybe name a few freedoms you no longer have,
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs CO
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I should come visit you. It’s been years since I’ve had a peach that compares to the wonderful smooth-textured juicy sweet ones I had as a kid.
    Are you really talking about peaches or is this a metaphorical reference?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,325

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    123
    [QUOTE=Mofro261;6313804]Critical thinking skills?

    ^^^This. Beat me to it! The ability to look beyond everything being a binary decision.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Are you really talking about peaches or is this a metaphorical reference?
    i would think that, if anything, asses have improved over the years, no?
    you don't want no smoke.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,867
    ^due to yoga pants

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,967
    Isn’t it obvious:
    Warrantless wiretapping
    Increased surveillance
    ThePatriot Act abuses
    Government secrecy
    Ability to travel freely

    I assume when you use the word “you” you were just talking in the second person. Perhaps none of these affect me individually, but it has certainly taken it’s toll on society
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    7,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Maybe name a few freedoms you no longer have,
    Freedom from work. I'm big brothered at work big time these days. Now clients can monitor our progress in real time. Oh joy!

    Freedom from the old ball and chains, ie cell phones. Now it's become an EXPECTATION with significant others everywhere that you must remain totally accessible 24/7. Same goes for work too, whether it be bosses or customers. Didn't respond to an e-mail at 11:45 on a Saturday night? "WhY HaveN'T yOu ResPONDed To mY e-MailS?!"

    So yeah. Personal freedoms are certainly under assault. And we did it to ourselves. Again, cell phones. And that's not even counting governmental surveillance from Federal to municipal. That's on a whole other level.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    6,086
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Freedom from work. I'm big brothered at work big time these days. Now clients can monitor our progress in real time. Oh joy!

    Freedom from the old ball and chains, ie cell phones. Now it's become an EXPECTATION with significant others everywhere that you must remain totally accessible 24/7. Same goes for work too, whether it be bosses or customers. Didn't respond to an e-mail at 11:45 on a Saturday night? "WhY HaveN'T yOu ResPONDed To mY e-MailS?!"

    So yeah. Personal freedoms are certainly under assault. And we did it to ourselves. Again, cell phones. And that's not even counting governmental surveillance from Federal to municipal. That's on a whole other level.
    Bootstraps much? You always have the freedom to be the boss, the freedom to walk away and start something new, the freedom to work hard, or the freedom to be lazy. These are personal choices and no one else is restricting your freedom to change but you.

    Better compared to when? Certainly not anytime 1870-1950 or after 1980 and that small window 1950-1980 seems like a lot of fighting for expansion of freedoms was occurring. What is your Utopian freedom Era that existed compared to what you believe is restriction of freedom today?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    412
    Repairability of products.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Isn’t it obvious:
    Warrantless wiretapping
    Increased surveillance
    ThePatriot Act abuses
    Government secrecy
    Ability to travel freely

    I assume when you use the word “you” you were just talking in the second person. Perhaps none of these affect me individually, but it has certainly taken it’s toll on society
    I’ll agree with this. Generally doesn’t impact me, but on par government and corporate ability to snoop into peoples lives has gotten way way better and it isn’t a net positive IMO.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,967
    Utopian freedom period? Post Cold War to pre 9/11?
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,990
    I think a lot of high end consumer goods (cars, bikes, skis etc) have definitely improved.

    Appliances have decreased in quality for sure. While they may work better when new they have a 5-7 year lifecspan


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    7,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    What is your Utopian freedom Era that existed compared to what you believe is restriction of freedom today?
    Pre-cell/smart phone era.

    And I don't care whether or not you're the boss. People these days, whether they're your boss, your clients, your customers, or your wife/girlfriend, ALL have unreasonable expectations of 24/7 connectivity and responsiveness. Again, we've done that to ourselves.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    3,708
    My patience with morons......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    4,489
    Taco bell


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    14,340
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Taco bell


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Run for the bathroom."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •