Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Unfortunately, we won’t have a car. This trip we will just be staying local and chilling. We are generally not super active vacationers and not sight seers. The one crappy thing, we won’t get any diving in since we have the kiddos.
    Solution:

Mail the champagne. Drop the kids with random Key West mags, dive Dry Tortugas & eat stone crab claws. 5 days should do it.
    ProTip: You'll need some extra hooch to trade for stone crab. Cubans like Jim Beam. So do alcoholic Florida longliners & crabbers.
    ProTip: The guys who run Fort J for NPS are active duty SEALs, usually Senior & Master Chiefs keeping a good eye on Cuba in their spare time...
    ProTip: There's really nothing wrong with kids getting tattoos if they can be covered by their school uniforms.
    Last edited by highangle; 05-09-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    check out hemingway's house. the author, not the mag. it is one of the coolest places i have ever been.
    Kids will dig the Hemingway 6 toed cats there, as well as free range chickens all over town. Street acts at Mallory also work well for small kids. Also, do not go to Sloppy Joe’s. It’s not located where Hem drank, it moved. Real location is now Captain Tony’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As too why...you are joking right? Why wouldn’t I want to ship a case of bubbly magnums before I arrive for a week in Key West?
    Because there's like 200 liquor stores there and you can probably buy it just as cheap there? Or almost certainly as cheap as you can buy it and ship it, and definitely easier?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Because there's like 200 liquor stores there and you can probably buy it just as cheap there? Or almost certainly as cheap as you can buy it and ship it, and definitely easier?
    I guess that is the big question. I will have to call around first and see if they have what I want and what the price is.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

My boat buddy said to ship it to your hotel and they'll hold it for you.

Dibs - he said there are so many different boats for all the different fish, being specific is a good thing.

You're taking kids to key west because why?
    You need to watch out for the inevitable moment when somebody tries to do a shot with them

Can't wait to get into some hogfish, snook and maybe tarpon with you
    https://www.islamoradatimes.com/fish...shing-reports/

"Around the Bridges:

Tarpon Season is in full swing throughout the Keys and mostly everybody is hooking up with the Silver King. Live mullet, Crabs, Pinfish and Pilchards are all getting the bites while fishing the many bridges and channels. Plenty of shots can be had while stalking the fish both Oceanside and bayside with a Fly rod. Look for tailing Bonefish on the lower stages of the tides and mudding fish on the higher stages of the tide on the Oceanside flats. Permit continue to make their regular appearance while cruising the deeper edges of flats and banks both bayside and Oceanside. It’s not a bad idea to have a small live crab or crab fly pattern ready for action while stalking the Tarpon. Acting fast and stealthy when the opportunity presents will triple your chances for a hook up. Be safe and pick your game plan according to the weather conditions. Till next week,..."
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Key West Maggots?

3s...taking the kiddos because we have not the last couple overseas trip before the pandemic. It is pride week...so that should be fun for them.

Splat...we are Avbo or whatever....so not front desk.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Fun like...
    " daddy why did that man in leather have his arm in other lether guy"

Away from Duval street it's pretty chill I find. Lots of different types of people is all.

as a twelve year old, i witnessed a couple fucking on a balcony on duvall street. nice tits. good times.
    swing your fucking sword.

That’s funny. As a 17-year-old I witness two dudes fucking in the water marathon
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    That’s funny. As a 17-year-old I witness two dudes fucking in the water marathon
    nttatwwt but i think i like mine better.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Key West Challenge:

Go to Key West
    Ask a question, any question, of any random Key Westian.
    lol See if you get a straight answer.
    They prefer to be called Conchs, whether they actually are one or not.

I see you are taking kids. My advice is of no use to you.

There's a nice Key West city park with one of the few public beaches, there's a playground and a restaurant/bar and if you play tennis the courts are nice too.

We stayed in Duck Key for a couple of winters/Chilean summers.

I went back last yr and did the Dry Tortugas. Defiantly a cool day trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3234.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	374135

The one crappy thing, we won’t get any diving in since we have the kiddos.
    We went diving with a 3 and 5 year old. Super chill dive boat, one of us would hang on board with the kids while the other knocked out a dive. We both got after it and the kids were stoked to be on a boat. You can do it man. We just called around to a couple dive outfits until we found one that was cool with the idea. Once they got older 8 and 10 we took them out on a dive boat with snuba gear, the kids loved it.

Check out Danger Cruises. They sail around the Marquesas Keys on a retractable keel (can get really shallow) clam boat from the Chesapeake area. You get an eco tour on kayaks, snorkel tour, and then wine and cheese on the way home. Very kid friendly, and super informative. Your kids will love it. I have gone 3 or 4 times.
    https://www.dangercharters.com/sail-...SAAEgI3r_D_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Check out Danger Cruises. They sail around the Marquesas Keys on a retractable keel (can get really shallow) clam boat from the Chesapeake area. You get an eco tour on kayaks, snorkel tour, and then wine and cheese on the way home. Very kid friendly, and super informative. Your kids will love it. I have gone 3 or 4 times.
    https://www.dangercharters.com/sail-...SAAEgI3r_D_BwE
    Awesome. This looks really great!

It really is. I chartered one for all the guys before my wedding down there.
    The highlight of that trip- on the way back to port:

That crew didn't know what to make of us, but they were cautiously supportive once they established that we weren't going to fall overboard.
    YMMV

Looks fun. Might have to check it out