Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    do you put the salt on food you didnt prepare before even trying it ?
    Fuck no!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Anti-salter here. All of the components should already have enough salt.
    That’s the key point. Even a plain cheese pizza has a ton of salt in its component parts.

Got a friend who is a chief and what she does to meat and any food with the correct amount of salt/pepper/ spice is amazing every time its like wow she hit that right on but its defintley not random
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I’ve never heard of putting salt on pizza. That doesn’t seem right to me. You can add red pepper, garlic or hot sauce (if you’re the kind of person that puts hot sauce on everything). I’m not sure there’s a need for additional condiments.
    Home made pizza I do put salt on it- rarely put salt on at the table other things other than corn on the cob, pizza, occasionally just regular boiled potatoes and cantaloupe also.

More reference for pizza pricing. At a micro brewery (farm that converted their barn and a second pu building and on the farm land planting and harvesting, some of their own ingredients floor malting, and kilning estate barley, grow four varieties of hops including Magnum, Nugget, Cascade, and Mt. Hood.)

Was after a bicycle ride yesterday. Brick oven -Wood Fire pizza's and of course their beers. Pizza's were what I would call a small or medium (maybe 10 inch or so) and the regular pepperoni pizza was $12, they had 2 other pies according to the signs on the tables- that were a bit more toppings and they were listed as $14- one probably was a white pizza, so maybe specials or something. Their menu states $10 per pie and each topping is .50 each, so not sure how they count toppings- as sauce, cheese and pepperoni is only a $1.50 (unless they double the cheese for the $12)....

Was OK, the slice I had the bottom was blackened and cooked more than I ever want.
    Last edited by RShea; 05-16-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    That’s the key point. Even a plain cheese pizza has a ton of salt in its component parts.
    Nope, the key point is surface salt that's quickly available to the taste buds as you take a bite vs. salt in the ingredients that contributes to the overall flavor. Completely different perception of the salt.

You can say you don't like it, or you're afraid of it, or you're on a low-sodium diet. You can say it's salty enough for you. What you can't say is it's salty enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    <snip> rarely put salt on at the table other things other than corn on the cob
    If it's really good corn on the cob, I don't want *anything* on it...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    If it's really good corn on the cob, I don't want *anything* on it...
    And you are entitled to that- but I'll continue with butter and salt is part of my corn on the cob experience, and really hard to sometimes get "really" good corn on the cob- even going to a local farmer's road side stand may have good corn, but not really good corn on a regular basis.

And you are entitled to that- but I'll continue with butter and salt is part of my corn on the cob experience.
    ^ ...and some red chile powder.

Traders joes elote seasoning > salt on corn.

Why not sprinkle some extra grease on the pizza too?

I do my own take on that. Salt, chili powder, cumin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ...cumin.
    Hmm, interesting, will try.

I do like Mexican street corn. That shit's delicious.

Same here.

I've been hitting this place in the Front Range called 'Boss Lady Pizza'. Only have gotten slices and it's damn good. $4.25 a slice I think. Standard NY style slice size.

How much do you pay for pizza?

I paid $18 a pie for possibly some of the worst pizza I have had last night in Pocatello, ID. Place called Buddy’s that apparently won best Italian and best pizza in Pocatello many times.
    Inedible! Granted I’ve been fully vaccinated for a few weeks but the joint had an anti mast sign on the door and I had some fucktard offer to “kick my ass” for wearing a mask to pick up the shitty pizza.
    I would hesitate to drop coin at anything locals in rural ID call good pizza.
    Last edited by schwerty; 05-17-2021 at 01:45 PM.

<snip> and really hard to sometimes get "really" good corn on the cob-
    Yeah - I hear that. I pretty much only eat Olathe when it's in season around here any more. It's almost *always* fantastic when it's in season.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Pocatello, ID.
    Coulda stopped right there

That’s a shame, I have had some really quite good lasagna at Buddy’s. I tend to go to the Indian/Nepali joint in the Old Town.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That’s a shame, I have had some really quite good lasagna at Buddy’s. I tend to go to the Indian/Nepali joint in the Old Town.
    I’m gonna be driving through again Saturday around dinner. I will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    for Italians, olive oil is standard fare

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    for Italians, olive oil is standard fare
    my memory is bad and probably 75% of the pizza I ate in Italy was in places that might not think of themselves as Italian first if any part of Italy does, but I don’t remember it standard. Sounds like more research is needed on my part

Bend Pizza Kitchen in NW Crossings is btwn $21-$27 for a medium. Lot of locally sourced product on their pizzas. Their house made cannolis are the bomb. Just leave the guns...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    My sister removes the grease with a napkin, then salts her pizza.

Extra salt on pizza is really good (iceotzi nailed it), but I don't make a habit of it for obvious reasons.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.