Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    you sound like a great hang. Does splat know what he's missing? creeper.
    Lol mostly over the hill, grasping on to every last bit of the "communal" life. Mostly overly wealthy. All standing in a bare desert, heat beating down, lungs filled with dust, along with every orifice of your body. All so they can be part of some group only they, themselves actually care about.

For the record, you wouldn't catch me dead at that silly gathering even if my wife threatened to leave me, and you were paying my entire way. Bunch of fucking poseurs.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Lol mostly over the hill, grasping on to every last bit of the "communal" life. Mostly overly wealthy. All standing in a bare desert, heat beating down, lungs filled with dust, along with every orifice of your body. All so they can be part of some group only they, themselves actually care about.

For the record, you wouldn't catch me dead at that silly gathering even if my wife threatened to leave me, and you were paying my entire way. Bunch of fucking poseurs.

Isn’t every group a group they only care about? I mean you’re a pedantic asshole and no one cares about you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How do you know what BM is like? And what the people who are there are like? I have never been, I know a few people who go, they are all quite dissimilar. I don't suppose to really understand what it's all about or what generalization I can make about the people who go. Yet you do. Why?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How do you know what BM is like? And what the people who are there are like? I have never been, I know a few people who go, they are all quite dissimilar. I don't suppose to really understand what it's all about or what generalization I can make about the people who go. Yet you do. Why?
    Ummm a few serious generalizations have been made about me.

I've seen it, know people who've gone. It's pretentious and they are akin to vegans. You always know when a burner is around. It's like their identity.

Ummm a few serious generalizations have been made about me.

I've seen it, know people who've gone. It's pretentious and they are akin to vegans. You always know when a burner is around. It's like their identity.

“Their identity” like posting in a restaurant thread in an area you moved away from years ago? I’m just trying to figure out your parameters.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    #skidogremininsesindadjeans
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't suppose to really understand what it's all about or what generalization I can make about the people who go. Yet you do. Why?
    I think the one generalization you can make is that most people who have not been to BM have massive misconceptions about what it's actually like. It certainly isn't one thing, more of a choose your own adventure. But what do I know? I've only been to one, almost ten years ago. I will say this - it was the most sensory demanding experience I've had. So many happenings grappling for your attention. That alone is worth the price of admission imho. Even the most jaded person will walk away with appreciation of the effort, commitment and talent that goes into the art.... heck just the event logistics are amazing. What now? 60K of people over a week plus. I didn't see a single ugly or off putting incident.

Holy shit that escalated quickly.

If I were able to do I would plan ahead, get a site, put a fun group together and have a ball. Then, once there, strike out meet others bearing gifts

I rip the groomed on tele gear

um, can we see some burning man boobies and chill out please?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Holy shit that escalated quickly.

If I were able to do I would plan ahead, get a site, put a fun group together and have a ball. Then, once there, strike out meet others bearing gifts

As would I, but it appears you need to be "approved" to be at certain sites.

I wonder is there a written test? Like how do you decide who is cool and who isn't? Like if I bring a kilo of coke I'm probably welcomed with open arms right?

That's the big difference between burning man and the grateful Dead scene, I never once felt like I had to be "cool" to be with any of those people. Anyone I met on tour was welcoming and friendly. That makes me consider burning man pretty elitist.

As would I, but it appears you need to be "approved" to be at certain sites.

I wonder is there a written test? Like how do you decide who is cool and who isn't? Like if I bring a kilo of coke I'm probably welcomed with open arms right?

That's the big difference between burning man and the grateful Dead scene, I never once felt like I had to be "cool" to be with any of those people. Anyone I met on tour was welcoming and friendly. That makes me consider burning man pretty elitist.
    You are comparing how you were treated in person vs how someone welcomes you on the internet? So weird. Would you expect any random group of deadheads on the internet to invite you to spend a week with them camping even though they had never met you?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hey pat. Checking in from Verdi were fire slinging shanks go to die. Really. We are so done with it
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    One of the better aspects of BM is that the effort you need to make to be self-reliant, get tickets, set-up camp,etc and not come N go is that everyone has skin in the game and not just tourist gawk for kicks and then leave. It weeds out the 1/2 hearted and I think part of the reason it works as a temporary community.
    Lol what a load of total bullshit! There’s a significant population at BM who literally pay their way to get there and drop in via air. You think Elon is acting within your parameters? Laughable.

I remember in 2000 talking to some friends about how we should all go to Burning Man because if we waited a few years longer, we'd be too old and it wouldn't be cool. 20somethings are such punks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Lol what a load of total bullshit! There’s a significant population at BM who literally pay their way to get there and drop in via air. You think Elon is acting within your parameters? Laughable.
    What do you suppose that "significant population" is? Give me a number. I know there are rare glam-camp outliers, but in my limited experience, I didn't see any nor have anyone of that sort distract from what was happening w/ 99.999% of regular people who drove their camp in, participated and then packed their stuff out.

Have you gone and seen these 'air drops' for yourself? Unless I'm out of date, what you described is not only outside the rules - its completely shunned in the burner community. But hey, I'm all ears to hear about your direct experience and how mine is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    um, can we see some burning man boobies and chill out please?
    That’s a bit extreme, why do you want to set fire to the fat guys?

More danger and no rules makes it so enticing. The best thing about not burning man is that you can decide to go at any time

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

The dusty booty friends and fam have already reached out to me, Z.
    So I sure hope to see you and you know who this year, my wonderful brother!
    Remember the outhouse typhoon of 2004?
    Those poor souls.

Last edited by splat; 05-10-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The dusty booty friends and fam have already reached out to me, Z.
    So I sure hope to see you and you know who this year, my wonderful brother!
    Remember the outhouse typhoon of 2004?
    Those poor souls.

Fuckyea. Although I don't think Not burning man is a place for virgins. We're talking about wanting first aid certs and Emts around. Shits bout to get wild

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

No fire department, black rock rangers, medical......things could go to shit in a heartbeat.
    Those in the know have planned accordingly.

Yeah, as a regional ranger and med voli, I'm curious how it's gonna shake out with no rangers, med, central, and dpw.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON! View Post
    Not meeting MORONS. Like you. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON!
    moar stonercuisine posts plz

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, as a regional ranger and med voli, I'm curious how it's gonna shake out with no rangers, med, central, and dpw.
    Ima thinking about this a lot, TU. It'd be good to have some kind of markers at camps with med peeps in attendance cause, well, shit happens. If you want to link into one of the main places where all things that matter are being tossed around for consideration, shoot me a pm with your fb handle. I think it's invite only, so I'll send you one.

As someone who has spent years camping with the core ESD docs and ER nurses, I can assure you that the borg has been cutting their knees off for quite some time and will not be missed. We will see a lot of heli's this year though, so buy your insurance.

Burning Man 2021

Curious what you mean by “cutting their knees off”. I’ve had my own discussions with station 6/CC denizens and heard their stories, but not entirely sure what BMORG has to do with that other than expected bureaucracy. I honestly don’t know cuz I haven’t attended the main burn and the biggest event I’ve been associated with is Flipside which is only 3K. Apogaea, SOAK, SNRG and E11 are even smaller in the 1K range, but we haven’t had issues coordinating ESD, rangers and BOD.