Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    A couple summers ago in lyons late one Thursday night we had like 6 tents set up in a old school circle the wagons formation in this prime spot @ river bend that we snatched up during the tarp run that morning. It was an epic land grab in a hotly contested zone. There was a great open area right in the middle that we planned to use for the ezups and all the community goodies on Friday morning to really dig in for the weekend. Sure enough at like 1am these guys come rolling up trying to sneak thru the innertube fortifications that we had installed between our tightly spaced tents to pitch their tents in our common area. Mrs Cruiser heard the commotion and sauntered out in her jammies admonishing the usurpers and quickly turning them away before they could stake their claim. For my part, I slept through the whole incident.
    man, you guys are some entitled elitist bastards!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Splat
    Ive lived in Reno for 20 years
    Never had the desire to burn since i deal with burners all the time
    I know all the little camps have their little rules and assignments
    I think its funny that anyone would assume just by my wording that im trying to get an IN
    You answered me just like i thought you would
    Can you imagine someone driving all the fuck way up there for an afternoon ?
    Me neither, id fly out from stead

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When you go camping, do you let any stranger just set up their tent in the middle of your campsite? Or are you so elitist that you would think that is a bit rude of them?
    I always just thought it was about being free and meeting people. Seems super "cliquey"

Burners should act more like Deadheads....

Also for the record.....I don't know what ever made you think I, or anyone else, was asking for a free ride at your camp....

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    who knew a gathering in the desert was so elitist?
    I always just thought it was about being free and meeting people. Seems super "cliquey"
    Burners should act more like Deadheads....
    Also for the record.....I don't know what ever made you think I, or anyone else, was asking for a free ride at your camp....

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    very likely if my assumptions are even close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post
    Splat
    Ive lived in Reno for 20 years
    Never had the desire to burn since i deal with burners all the time
    I know all the little camps have their little rules and assignments
    I think its funny that anyone would assume just by my wording that im trying to get an IN
    You answered me just like i thought you would
    Can you imagine someone driving all the fuck way up there for an afternoon ?
    Me neither, id fly out from stead
    All good. But I don't know you, don't know anybody who knows you, we've never met, and the first rule for camp is its family, burner family, or someone gets in on a recommendation from someone who is in one of the previous categories. There's plenty of burners on this forum who would understand that logic. We have our reasons, which I don't feel obligated to discusss here.

All good. But I don't know you, don't know anybody who knows you, we've never met, and the first rule for camp is its family, burner family, or someone gets in on a recommendation from someone who is in one of the previous categories. There's plenty of burners on this forum who would understand that logic. We have our reasons, which I don't feel obligated to discusss here.

Hey man I bought a sweet pair of self-delaming Bro's off you back in the day and I burned before it became a bunch of elitist techbro fuckwits.

I'm trying to get back to my roots... Can we please hang out???

We have our reasons, which I don't feel obligated to discusss here.
    Why start a thread as soon as this shit goes down if you dont wanna disgust?

And you name your place Camp Splat

Man, Burning Man brings out some weird angst from people.

I was a Deadhead back in the day, and it was an awesome traveling festival. And if you met someone, sure, you might invite them to hang out with your group or travel with your group. But if the internet existed back then, it's not like you would have broadcasted an open invite to share in all your stuff with randoms on the web. Why people think BM should be this way, or Splat should discuss every detail of his group just because he started a thread about the festival, is really weird.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why start a thread as soon as this shit goes down if you dont wanna disgust?
    Do you think that everyone who starts a thread here is giving an open invitation for everyone to crash their party?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Man, Burning Man brings out some weird angst from people.

I was a Deadhead back in the day, and it was an awesome traveling festival. And if you met someone, sure, you might invite them to hang out with your group or travel with your group. But if the internet existed back then, it's not like you would have broadcasted an open invite to share in all your stuff with randoms on the web. Why people think BM should be this way, or Splat should discuss every detail of his group just because he started a thread about the festival, is really weird.
    Core Values of BM include: radical inclusion, gifting, communal living and participation.

It doesn't seem odd at all that strangers would want to participate.

And you name your place Camp Splat
    The Black Rock Desert is 1000 FUCKING Square Miles, you FUCKING MORON!

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+b...ck+rock+desert

Here’s an idea: Go out there, SHUT THE FUCK UP, and pitch your fucking moron tent anywhere, except where you are not wanted, YOU FUCKING MORON!!!
    YOU = ASSHAT

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Core Values of BM include: radical inclusion, gifting, communal living and participation.

It doesn't seem odd at all that strangers would want to participate.
    Can't really do any of those things for "an afternoon" pop in. Come on, if you want to participate and immerse yourself you can't be like 'maybe I'll show up some afternoon I have free'. You're just phoning it in and not respecting the commitment needed and certainly not those made of others. One of the better aspects of BM is that the effort you need to make to be self-reliant, get tickets, set-up camp,etc and not come N go is that everyone has skin in the game and not just tourist gawk for kicks and then leave. It weeds out the 1/2 hearted and I think part of the reason it works as a temporary community.

Key word: “meeting people”

Not meeting MORONS. Like you. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING MORON!

So far everything ive heard about about this campout sucks

So far everything ive heard about about this campout sucks
    Probably best you don't go eh? problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Probably best you don't go eh? problem solved.
    We are looking for tent moms still
    PM me

We are looking for tent moms still
    PM me
    Nah, you're creepy. Glomming on to randoms on the interwebz looking for friends.

So, basically, you'd have to be whacked on coke, ketamine, and acid, running naked down the playa trying to molest people to ever even have a conversation with the man. They do, however, enforce sane driving rules that prevent people from driving 100 mph through crowded camp areas.
    no moleste
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Nah, you're creepy. Glomming on to randoms on the interwebz looking for friends.
    Show me on the doll where they touched you

Or if its easier
    Show.me on the burning man where they touched you

you sound like a great hang. Does splat know what he's missing? creeper.