Womens Geo vs better components

Looking to surprise the ms. with a new bike since she refuses to admit she hers is worn out. Decided on the Canyon Spectral but torn whether is better to buy the womens specific model with a lower spec group or the unisex with better spec for the same price. Shes on an old Kona precept so anything will be an upgrade.
    Lots of mediocre bike reviews out there these days with how many people are getting into bikes with covid so quality info is hard to find...

Would you rather have women's specific geometry (lower standover is the only thing I can find different) or a higher quality spec group in the unisex model? Hoping the TGR minds have a better answer than youtube or the kids at pinkbike...

definitely the one with nicer parts.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    definitely the one with nicer parts.
    X2.

Standover is overrated.

I’d go for the nicer components too

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    X2.

Standover is overrated.
    agree unless she is a very tiny person and then the women’s specific can be helpful.

I know this will not be a popular sentiment with my tgr brethren......but also color of frame might help you decide if one is more what she would be stoked with
    skid luxury

Most brands have gone away from women specific geometry designs. Typically a women’s model is now the same geo as the men’s model, it just has a different part specs on the touch points, like a woman’s saddle, narrower bars, shorter stem.
    But as long as the frame is not a hideous color, I’d go for the higher spec bike over the women’s specific geo.

Agreed on the above. My lady loves her new unisex bike, and even though she's pretty hard core and unbelievably sensible, the color was a factor.

As said, if your lady is very small (like 5'2" and 110# or something) she might benefit from the lighter shock tunes and tiny frames on "women's" bikes, but even then that designation isn't the key factor.