Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Shaft option

I'm about to order my own stick and have only played lacrosse for a year and rotate between midi and offense. I'm currently thinking of ordering the StringKing Metal 2 165 Attack Shaft and the StringKing Mark 2A with 4X mesh. Is this a good option for the price and is there any better options for this price range?

Pm DeepSouthMafia.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Tech Talk, JONG.

Man I literally never put much thought into the shaft of the stick...head maybe, for sure basket material (mesh makes best pocket IMHO). I didnt play college ball, but played from about 7th grade through high school. Graduated in 89 so maybe stick tech has come a bit further, but I cant imagine the shaft material making a HUGE difference in your game/shots. Girls sticks have for sure come a long way. Still dont think the shaft matters all that much. Don't give it too much thought especially as a newer player is my advice.

First, tech talk jong. Second, I think you posted this same question over on the LP back-up stick - unfortunately, those guys don't typically respond to posts about equipment. I'm feeling charitable today, so I'll toss you a bone.

If you don't need name-brand, the Savage X shafts are a great value. My kid, who is about to transition from HS to college ball plays both middie and attack thinks the Savage X products strike a good balance between price and durability. String King makes good mesh and their head/mesh combo products are fine if you're still early in your playing career. The largest hurdle that you will face with any pre-strung head is getting the pocket right. As a result, I strongly recommend that you teach yourself how to string your own heads so you can find a sidewall and shooter pattern that works well for you. Once you know the difference between an interlock, an SI and a knot, you can easily/quickly tweak any head/mesh combo to your specs. Greg from East Coast Dyes has a ton of instructional stringing videos on youtube. The best ones for beginners are from around 6 years ago. Have fun!
    Last edited by Smoova; 05-06-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Circumcised, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Graduated in 89 so maybe stick tech has come a bit further, but I cant imagine the shaft material making a HUGE difference in your game/shots.
    I'm your vintage but also took a few shots in college. Head, shaft and (especially) mesh tech has come a loooooong way in 30 years. It's just like skis: the higher your skills, the more you notice minor design/technology differences. Sure, Rob Pannell could function just fine with a LaserLite II, but he wouldn't like it.

Girls sticks have for sure come a long way. Still dont think the shaft matters all that much. Don't give it too much thought especially as a newer player is my advice.
    What sort of shafts do the girls prefer these days?

I recall when we were choosing between alloy or carbon. Alloy was my preferred shaft cause it was cheaper and did not break. Also tended to play Attack as a feeder more than a shooter. Senior year I had 24 assists and 2 goals.

Is there not a lacrosse forum out there where there may be dudes playing lacrosse who can answer the OP’s question. No idea why one would post this on a dentist’s forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny D. Greenfield View Post
    I'm about to order my own stick and have only played lacrosse for a year and rotate between midi and offense. I'm currently thinking of ordering the StringKing Metal 2 165 Attack Shaft and the StringKing Mark 2A with 4X mesh. Is this a good option for the price and is there any better options for this price range?
    Do you do drugs Danny?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So what, you play lax when you're not working at the spam farm?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    So what, you play lax when you're not working at the spam farm?
    little known fact, lax is very popular in Pakistan.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Danny,

Have you ever been to a Turkish Prison before?
    Have you seen a grown man naked?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What sort of shafts do the girls prefer these days?
    I always heard size doesnt matter. ??

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Do you do drugs Danny?
    every day

I always heard size doesnt matter. ??
    Defensemen have longer shafts.

Do you do drugs Danny?
    Only Fresca
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Defensemen have longer shafts.
    not girls lax lol

Wood, you pussy. And deer gut for mesh.

i use the stx vft and love it but it prolly ain't for everybody. the ecd carbon pro 2.0 is good but kinda pricey. in all honesty, it doesn't matter what shaft ya got unless you shoot 90+.
    swing your fucking sword.

It's gotta be killing Danny that lax shafts are being discussed but he's been banned.

Do you do drugs Danny?
    Beat me to it. Question still stands though.
    "Can't you see..."

It's gotta be killing Danny that lax shafts are being discussed but he's been banned.
    Yet I predict there will still be people here recommending shafts for Danny for another page...at least.

it is okay. he does drugs everyday.
    swing your fucking sword.