Ski racing kids and places to stay

Well we are moving into the traveling portion of ski racing, figuring a few others on this board are as well. Moving forward I thought it might be a good place to coordinate staying with each other, parking vans etc....after all it can be hard to find affordable lodging, or he’ll, lodging at all in a ski town.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

That is a great idea. Thanks for posting. Even if people don't have a bed to offer, just getting beta on where to stay or hook up an RV would be helpful.

I have will have a first year U16 next season and my U19 daughter just skied in her last races a couple of weeks ago down at Bachelor, off to college in the fall. My U16 son also competes in IFSA competitions.

some clubs will organize billets for racers/families/volunteers if you reciprocate when the tour comes tour town
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Great thread. My daughter is just on the cusp of moving up to age class racing. She's probably not really there yet technique wise, but she's fired up so holding her back probably ain't happening.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice. Next yr Mini Comish will be a 2nd yr U14 and the Comish twins will be 2nd yr U12's. Far West so mostly Tahoe at this point.

It ain't cheap, but it sure is fun! Hell of a lot more fun to ski in between runs than sitting on the sidelines of a soccer/baseball/football/etc. game!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Ski racing kids and places to stay

Well we’re right in between PC and salt lake. Have a place to park and hook up or a mother in law that’s not fancy. Please feel free to reach out!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by detrusor; 05-12-2021 at 12:51 PM.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    No need to hold her back. USSA Scored racing is just like YSL/Mighty Mite or whatever it may be called in your area, except the kids are faster and the course sets are more challenging. U14s can race SG and U16s can race downhill. Those are bigger differences, but even that is still just a progression from where they are at U10-U12.

As long as the kids understand that winning or podiums are unlikely and they can race with other goals in mind it is great. Our soon to be U16 didn't mean to leave mighty mite racing midway through his first U14 season, but COVID f'ed up two seasons for him and he ended up just racing USSA scored races as a 2nd year U14 and had a great time.

In many ways it is easier to see the kids' progress at the older levels because you can track their points and see how they are improving, maybe differently in SL than GS.
    Thanks. And that's what we and she decided (at least tentatively). Of course, there are other differences in that age class racing has a much greater time commitment (and $ commitment). But she has no illusions about podiums, she is middle of the pack in YSL on her team. But all the girls faster than her are moving up, and her bestie is moving period (to Steamboat), so in some ways it's a social choice, to be with the kids she knows that she's already been chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Nice. Next yr Mini Comish will be a 2nd yr U14 and the Comish twins will be 2nd yr U12's. Far West so mostly Tahoe at this point.

It ain't cheap, but it sure is fun! Hell of a lot more fun to ski in between runs than sitting on the sidelines of a soccer/baseball/football/etc. game!
    Yep, that's what pushes me to be as in as my daughter wants to be. I mean, if I have to support her in some hudge time and money consuming sport, at least it is one that allows me to recreate too. And gets her super into the activity that is my favorite thing in the world.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    age class racing has a much greater time commitment (and $ commitment).
    The skiing line item in our budget is about the same size as our mortgage line item, bigger if you count the ski cabin, and most of that goes into racing or freeride. That said, there is no better place to spend that money. Watching your kid rip a line you won't even drop into feels really good and a little humbling.

We are up in Washington if anyone needs a PNW hookup.

EC’er here.....

We're in Bozeman if anyone needs a place to park a van.

My daughter and I will be heading to SLC next week (17-20) for USA Climbing regionals. We'll be sleeping in our van and I'm looking for a place to park it. We're self-sufficient and would stay out of the way. I'll cross post this in one of the Utah threads but any help is appreciated. Thanks.