Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

XC Fantasy League?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’m in (I think) under “tincancharlie”
    You’re in...and better than Toast!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I wish I wasn’t joining in such a suspicious manner!

To be clear I thought I had joined last week (you can see my post from before the race saying the same) -and also that my performance in race 1 is not indicative of my skills - only my luck in getting an unheard of (to me) woman rider on top of the podium.

Goddamnit (again). If I give you change for a nickle, can you kick him back out again?

FYI: if you can win this week’s overall (not our league, but the entire field), you get an AXS dropper post! Choose wisely.

A nickel doesn’t go as far as it used to though.

Name:  Piddock_air.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  68.6 KB

So glad Pidcock and MVDP are able to balance road/cx/mtb disciplines. Hopefully this trend continues, love seeing each performing at such a high level in all the disciplines.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Name:  Piddock_air.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  68.6 KB

So glad Pidcock and MVDP are able to balance road/cx/mtb disciplines. Hopefully this trend continues, love seeing each performing at such a high level in all the disciplines.
    A few years ago I probably would have complained about bike handling skills from the roadie crowd, but that's no longer the case. These guys rip.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Queen Pauline invented that game. It's insane that they can perform at that level in all 3 disciplines. Not like the competition was low in any of the fields....
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Indeed, first to hold all three world championships. Imagine it’ll be near impossible for that to happen on the men’s side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    A few years ago I probably would have complained about bike handling skills from the roadie crowd, but that's no longer the case. These guys rip.
    It’s ok....you can still complain about bike handling skills of triathletes.

Here's your start list. Start throwing those darts!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/entry-...-cup-2021.html

Where to watch: Redbull TV. Short track at 11:50 tomorrow (I know what I'll be doing at work!)
    https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events...czech-republic

Updated my riders the other day, let's see how that goes.

Anyone know what the asterick is next to a few of the men's riders? Pidcock has it amongst a few others. Not sure he's racing the whole season but supposed to be at Nove Mesto to increase his olympic chances from what I understood.

Also saw one of you had Ellen Noble selected last time, not so sure she's gonna be racing given she broke her back in Arkansas last month.

Anyone know what the asterick is next to a few of the men's riders? Pidcock has it amongst a few others. Not sure he's racing the whole season but supposed to be at Nove Mesto to increase his olympic chances from what I understood.
    Pretty sure the asterisk means they're gonna have a massive mechanical and nuke my fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Pretty sure the asterisk means they're gonna have a massive mechanical and nuke my fantasy team.
    LOL, likely mine too then.

Also saw one of you had Ellen Noble selected last time, not so sure she's gonna be racing given she broke her back in Arkansas last month.
    If you scroll down, I believe it means "Under 23"...and possible explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    If you scroll down, I believe it means "Under 23"...and possible explosion.
    Saw that this morning on the Short Track legend, but wasn't on the start list from earlier this week. Just checked, looks like one of my riders, who should be, isn't starting short track. Just changed last minute.

Saw that this morning on the Short Track legend, but wasn't on the start list from earlier this week. Just checked, looks like one of my riders, who should be, isn't starting short track. Just changed last minute.
    Yeah...I picked Yana B. I left her on even though she doesn't race the short race.

Yeah...I picked Yana B. I left her on even though she doesn't race the short race.
    What are the odds that everyone in sprockets picked the exact same team?

Is that regular that she doesn’t race short track? And who said it was Yama?!? My ladies did pretty well for ST today

THAT WAS AWESOME! Both Short Track races exciting, won't spoiler it, but Men's especially was good.

Is that regular that she doesn’t race short track? And who said it was Yama?!? My ladies did pretty well for ST today

I asked on PB. Someone replied that she doesn't regularly race it b/c she doesn't like it....but she's still in for the regular.

EDIT: both races were pretty damn good. I love watching XC perhaps more than any other type of racing. I wrote it earlier: RedBullTV really has made XCO a "must watch."

Just caught did a fast forward on the replay to watch the men final. Great racing.

That was great racing, but man, a lot of the XCO courses are super boring (this one included). Half of it was pavement, and what wasn't pavement wasn't very interesting. The mini manufactured rock garden didn't make up for that. If I wanted to watch a road crit race, I'd watch a road crit race.

I know the course has to be easy for camera placement and is therefore limited, but it seems like they could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That was great racing, but man, a lot of the XCO courses are super boring (this one included). Half of it was pavement, and what wasn't pavement wasn't very interesting. The mini manufactured rock garden didn't make up for that. If I wanted to watch a road crit race, I'd watch a road crit race.

I know the course has to be easy for camera placement and is therefore limited, but it seems like they could do better.
    Funny you say that....my least favorite part was the rock garden...it seemed like there was no thought put into it....”, let’s arrange some rocks for appearance...not make it difficult and only have one line choice.” It was just kinda dumb....from what I saw, everyone struggled more on some of the roots than on any part of the rocks.

And: is there some sort of UCI “rock limit?” Rule 1369.4(b)(2) - no more than eleven (11) rocks maybe used to create an artificial garden.

That being said: I still really like watching. XCO.

Funny you say that....my least favorite part was the rock garden...it seemed like there was no thought put into it....”, let’s arrange some rocks for appearance...not make it difficult and only have one line choice.” It was just kinda dumb....from what I saw, everyone struggled more on some of the roots than on any part of the rocks.

And: is there some sort of UCI “rock limit?” Rule 1369.4(b)(2) - no more than eleven (11) rocks maybe used to create an artificial garden.

That being said: I still really like watching. XCO.

Fully agreed - the rocks were dumb. One line through them, and the tech wasn't long enough to really serve as anything more than a minor obstacle that made them stand up for a couple seconds.

The better short tracks I've seen have some cool option lines with slower but shorter tech vs. longer but smoother ride arounds. And really, it's XC - there should be some tricky, techy climbs (again, with option lines). The Nove Mesto climbs were almost all on pavement.