Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206

    XC Fantasy League?

    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’m in (I think) under “tincancharlie”
    You’re in...and better than Toast!


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,009
    I wish I wasn’t joining in such a suspicious manner!

    To be clear I thought I had joined last week (you can see my post from before the race saying the same) -and also that my performance in race 1 is not indicative of my skills - only my luck in getting an unheard of (to me) woman rider on top of the podium.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    10,591
    Goddamnit (again). If I give you change for a nickle, can you kick him back out again?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    FYI: if you can win this week’s overall (not our league, but the entire field), you get an AXS dropper post! Choose wisely.

    A nickel doesn’t go as far as it used to though.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Name:  Piddock_air.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  68.6 KB

    So glad Pidcock and MVDP are able to balance road/cx/mtb disciplines. Hopefully this trend continues, love seeing each performing at such a high level in all the disciplines.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    11,162
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Name:  Piddock_air.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  68.6 KB

    So glad Pidcock and MVDP are able to balance road/cx/mtb disciplines. Hopefully this trend continues, love seeing each performing at such a high level in all the disciplines.
    A few years ago I probably would have complained about bike handling skills from the roadie crowd, but that's no longer the case. These guys rip.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC burbs
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    So glad Pidcock and MVDP are able to balance road/cx/mtb disciplines. Hopefully this trend continues, love seeing each performing at such a high level in all the disciplines.
    Queen Pauline invented that game. It's insane that they can perform at that level in all 3 disciplines. Not like the competition was low in any of the fields....
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Indeed, first to hold all three world championships. Imagine it’ll be near impossible for that to happen on the men’s side.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    A few years ago I probably would have complained about bike handling skills from the roadie crowd, but that's no longer the case. These guys rip.
    It’s ok....you can still complain about bike handling skills of triathletes.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    Here's your start list. Start throwing those darts!

    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/entry-...-cup-2021.html

    Where to watch: Redbull TV. Short track at 11:50 tomorrow (I know what I'll be doing at work!)
    https://www.redbull.com/us-en/events...czech-republic
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,368
    Updated my riders the other day, let's see how that goes.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Anyone know what the asterick is next to a few of the men's riders? Pidcock has it amongst a few others. Not sure he's racing the whole season but supposed to be at Nove Mesto to increase his olympic chances from what I understood.

    Also saw one of you had Ellen Noble selected last time, not so sure she's gonna be racing given she broke her back in Arkansas last month.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    10,591
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Anyone know what the asterick is next to a few of the men's riders? Pidcock has it amongst a few others. Not sure he's racing the whole season but supposed to be at Nove Mesto to increase his olympic chances from what I understood.
    Pretty sure the asterisk means they're gonna have a massive mechanical and nuke my fantasy team.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Pretty sure the asterisk means they're gonna have a massive mechanical and nuke my fantasy team.
    LOL, likely mine too then.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Anyone know what the asterick is next to a few of the men's riders? Pidcock has it amongst a few others. Not sure he's racing the whole season but supposed to be at Nove Mesto to increase his olympic chances from what I understood.

    Also saw one of you had Ellen Noble selected last time, not so sure she's gonna be racing given she broke her back in Arkansas last month.
    If you scroll down, I believe it means "Under 23"...and possible explosion.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    If you scroll down, I believe it means "Under 23"...and possible explosion.
    Saw that this morning on the Short Track legend, but wasn't on the start list from earlier this week. Just checked, looks like one of my riders, who should be, isn't starting short track. Just changed last minute.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Saw that this morning on the Short Track legend, but wasn't on the start list from earlier this week. Just checked, looks like one of my riders, who should be, isn't starting short track. Just changed last minute.
    Yeah...I picked Yana B. I left her on even though she doesn't race the short race.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    10,591
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Yeah...I picked Yana B. I left her on even though she doesn't race the short race.
    What are the odds that everyone in sprockets picked the exact same team?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    Is that regular that she doesn’t race short track? And who said it was Yama?!? My ladies did pretty well for ST today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,704
    THAT WAS AWESOME! Both Short Track races exciting, won't spoiler it, but Men's especially was good.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Is that regular that she doesn’t race short track? And who said it was Yama?!? My ladies did pretty well for ST today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I asked on PB. Someone replied that she doesn't regularly race it b/c she doesn't like it....but she's still in for the regular.

    EDIT: both races were pretty damn good. I love watching XC perhaps more than any other type of racing. I wrote it earlier: RedBullTV really has made XCO a "must watch."
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,368
    Just caught did a fast forward on the replay to watch the men final. Great racing.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    10,591
    That was great racing, but man, a lot of the XCO courses are super boring (this one included). Half of it was pavement, and what wasn't pavement wasn't very interesting. The mini manufactured rock garden didn't make up for that. If I wanted to watch a road crit race, I'd watch a road crit race.

    I know the course has to be easy for camera placement and is therefore limited, but it seems like they could do better.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That was great racing, but man, a lot of the XCO courses are super boring (this one included). Half of it was pavement, and what wasn't pavement wasn't very interesting. The mini manufactured rock garden didn't make up for that. If I wanted to watch a road crit race, I'd watch a road crit race.

    I know the course has to be easy for camera placement and is therefore limited, but it seems like they could do better.
    Funny you say that....my least favorite part was the rock garden...it seemed like there was no thought put into it....”, let’s arrange some rocks for appearance...not make it difficult and only have one line choice.” It was just kinda dumb....from what I saw, everyone struggled more on some of the roots than on any part of the rocks.

    And: is there some sort of UCI “rock limit?” Rule 1369.4(b)(2) - no more than eleven (11) rocks maybe used to create an artificial garden.


    That being said: I still really like watching. XCO.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    10,591
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Funny you say that....my least favorite part was the rock garden...it seemed like there was no thought put into it....”, let’s arrange some rocks for appearance...not make it difficult and only have one line choice.” It was just kinda dumb....from what I saw, everyone struggled more on some of the roots than on any part of the rocks.

    And: is there some sort of UCI “rock limit?” Rule 1369.4(b)(2) - no more than eleven (11) rocks maybe used to create an artificial garden.


    That being said: I still really like watching. XCO.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Fully agreed - the rocks were dumb. One line through them, and the tech wasn't long enough to really serve as anything more than a minor obstacle that made them stand up for a couple seconds.

    The better short tracks I've seen have some cool option lines with slower but shorter tech vs. longer but smoother ride arounds. And really, it's XC - there should be some tricky, techy climbs (again, with option lines). The Nove Mesto climbs were almost all on pavement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •