Spring Touring Issues - Pomoca Skins

Howdy Folks

Starting to get some issues while touring this spring with my Pomoca Free 2.0 skins. The plush substrate is getting saturated with water, which then leads snow to buildup between the skin and ski starting at the tip clips. Typically this wouldn't be an issue, but given that its spring; there's a ton of dirt/grit/debris on the snow which then gets stuck to the glue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5284.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	704.3 KB 
ID:	373537

Therefore I've got a couple of questions:

1. What ways can I prevent this from happening in the future.

2. With G3 and BD Skins I've used the paper bag trick in order to remove debris, and refresh the glue. However, can this process be used with Pomoca as well?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5285.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	735.0 KB 
ID:	373536  
    Last edited by rfconroy; 05-04-2021 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Redundant
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

didn't we just have this thread a few days ago?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/341893-DPS-skin-gloppage

^some skin maintenance tips were mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    With G3 and BD Skins I've used the paper bag trick in order to remove debris, and refresh the glue. However, can this process be used with Pomoca as well?
    Yes, I've ironed plenty of Pomocas with good results. I like to do a pass with paper bag, then another with the release paper that comes with Black Diamond skins (ask a shop to save you some) for a super smooth and shiny finish. Also doesn't hurt to hot wax your skins.

I just picked up a pair of the same skins and have 10 or so days on them now. I was having a weird thing happen the first few days where they would glop only when I had ski crampons on, and only directly underfoot near the knives. After a couple days of that I started really going crazy with the glob stopper wax each morning and haven’t had any problems since, but also haven’t needed to use ski crampons either.

It was odd since I’ve never had anything more than sporadic globbing issues with a whole bunch of other skins in the past.

Other than that, really happy with the free 2.0s. Super light, low volume, and great grip.