Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    guys we are fucked
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Are you really comparing teachers and healthcare workers with waitstaff, food processing and window washers? Like they’re all entry level service industry positions?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No, where is the comparison?

It's a list of jobs where people are generally underpaid and hopefully their wages will rise soon, but I should have left out "the service industries."

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    guys we are fucked
    that's hilarious

Bob's Redmill Hemp Hearts went up $2 since I bought them last (3 weeks ago).

Things are getting crazy.

At least the prices at the cannabis store haven't gone up and they are still offering Covid discounts.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Zinc, copper, tin and aluminum have shot up like crazy this week. Zinc at a 14 year high.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Zinc, copper, tin and aluminum have shot up like crazy this week. Zinc at a 14 year high.

Save your pennies.

Inflation is a Bitch

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

^^^ That belongs in the first world problems thread.

Shit I get A5 Kobe for $105. $180 for Wagyu?

Meanwhile my wife insists on buying shitty steak from Grocery Outlet. She'd get used groceries from the thrift if there was such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Grocery Outlet.
    You spelled Gross Out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Shit I get A5 Kobe for $105. $180 for Wagyu?

Apparently it was japanese A5 and not American. Still seems crazy

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Apparently it was japanese A5 and not American. Still seems crazy

Ahh ok. Makes more sense. I will say the steak game has gotten crazy the last few years. Suddenly high end steak houses “standard” $65-$80 steaks are all wet aged. Any decent dry aged steaks are $100+. And there is a specialty market for super aged, as long as 1 year, that are going for $200-400 in restaurants and up to $200 a lb in butcher shops. I feel like A5 Japanese is now “pedestrian” in some circles.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    And there is a specialty market for super aged, as long as 1 year, that are going for $200-400 in restaurants and up to $200 a lb in butcher shops.
    To be fair, 1-year aged steak is meant to be eaten in small quantities and not the kind of thing where you're going to eat a whole 16 oz slab (according to Adam Perry Lang, at least).

Men comparing their meat. A tale as old as time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    To be fair, 1-year aged steak is meant to be eaten in small quantities and not the kind of thing where you're going to eat a whole 16 oz slab (according to Adam Perry Lang, at least).
    Fuckin commies

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    to be fair, a fair bit of food connoisseurship at that price level isn’t tied rigorously to product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    to be fair, a fair bit of food connoisseurship at that price level isn’t tied rigorously to product quality.
    I never said it was, but I fully agree.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/cons...x-october.html

U.S. consumer prices jump 6.2% in October, the biggest inflation surge in more than 30 years

“ Food prices also showed a sizeable bounce, up 0.9% and 5.3% respectively. Within the food category, meat, poultry, fish and eggs collectively rose 1.7% for the month and 11.9% year over year.”

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/cons...x-october.html

U.S. consumer prices jump 6.2% in October, the biggest inflation surge in more than 30 years

“ Food prices also showed a sizeable bounce, up 0.9% and 5.3% respectively. Within the food category, meat, poultry, fish and eggs collectively rose 1.7% for the month and 11.9% year over year.”
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

Everything is fine. This is all transitory. No problems. It's just a supply issue. No need to raise interest rates. We'll just keep the rates low and think about maybe slightly dialing back our quantitative easing maybe at some point in the future. But for now, just remember that interest rates and monetary stimulus definitely aren't causing inflation.

...right?

Maybe not.

I can't see sustained inflation with the demographics, globalization, and new tech still rolling in. It ain't the 70s, when every major union just negotiated a new, inflation covering contract every three years, and corporations just threw the white flag and followed along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Everything is fine. This is all transitory. No problems. It's just a supply issue. No need to raise interest rates. We'll just keep the rates low and think about maybe slightly dialing back our quantitative easing maybe at some point in the future. But for now, just remember that interest rates and monetary stimulus definitely aren't causing inflation.

...right?
    Right. It IS a supply issue. A pandemic fueled increase in the amount of disposable income ( free money and a year f not being able to spend it all) and the pandemic fueled decrease in the amount of goods and services available. Question is how to attack inflation to mitigate it. Decrease money supply or increase the supply of goods.

I aced my MBA level Macro course at my oral final and only went to 5 classes all year. So I must be a savant.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Right. It IS a supply issue. A pandemic fueled increase in the amount of disposable income ( free money and a year f not being able to spend it all) and the pandemic fueled decrease in the amount of goods and services available. Question is how to attack inflation to mitigate it. Decrease money supply or increase the supply of goods.

I aced my MBA level Macro course at my oral final and only went to 5 classes all year. So I must be a savant.
    Sounds like a demand issue, the way you put it.

Would higher rates impact supply chain issues, rising wages, rents (which haven’t changed much whereas house prices HAVE obviously increased), fiscal policy from 2020, commodity demand/prices?
    Decisions Decisions

Hard money people pissed there wasn’t enough pain for poor(er) people. I mean if you are gonna swing dicjs that all your bros are making 20-30% more and the job market is on fire look in the fucking mirror at the problem don’t blame the cost of fucking milk.