Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hey ladies...

No big surprise. Picture coming into focus. https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/16/tech/...ons/index.html

Just like I've been saying this whole time, don't let the 'harmless' old man in a sweater schtick fool you. Guy's a dick. Always has been. Seems to be a common theme with tech giants. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, etc., etc., etc....

Long Before Divorce, Bill Gates Had Reputation for Questionable Behavior
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/16/b...e-epstein.html

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Just like I've been saying this whole time, don't let the 'harmless' old man in a sweater schtick fool you. Guy's a dick. Always has been. Seems to be a common theme with tech giants. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, etc., etc., etc....

Itís a common theme with anyone who gains great power you dolt. Youíre not clairvoyant

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s a common theme with anyone who gains great power you dolt. You’re not clairvoyant
    Yeah. So what? The common theme is that the tech overlords have supplanted the industrial titans of yore, ie the oil giants like Rockefeller, railroad tycoons like the Vanderbilts, so on and so forth.

Our modern industrial tycoons like Gates, Bezos, Dorsey et al act all sanctimonious and benevolent while really being exactly the same as the ultra-wealthy dicks of times past. Straight ruthless businessmen. Except now instead of wearing a monocle, spats, a top hat and saying F U to all us common folk, they'll wear a sweater (Gates) or grow a beard and rock a nose ring (Dorsey) and pretend like they're one of us while dicking over the competition and us all the very same as their ultra wealthy predecessors would. Same personalities for sure. Different costumes.

care to mention a few republicunts you biased hack?

I recall back in the day when I worked in Kirkland. he would be seen driving around in his Ferrari, usually with some blonde in the passenger seat. And no, he couldn't drive a stick.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    care to mention a few republicunts you biased hack?
    No, being as this is a thread specifically about Bill Gates and not "republicunts." There's already a Gaetz thread in poliass where we've all enjoyed ripping on him and other Republicans in fairly bipartisan fashion. Seems as if you're the "biased hack" on this one, k2. Take a lap.

Yeah. So what? The common theme is that the tech overlords have supplanted the industrial titans of yore, ie the oil giants like Rockefeller, railroad tycoons like the Vanderbilts, so on and so forth.

Our modern industrial tycoons like Gates, Bezos, Dorsey et al act all sanctimonious and benevolent while really being exactly the same as the ultra-wealthy dicks of times past. Straight ruthless businessmen. Except now instead of wearing a monocle, spats, a top hat and saying F U to all us common folk, they'll wear a sweater (Gates) or grow a beard and rock a nose ring (Dorsey) and pretend like they're one of us while dicking over the competition and us all the very same as their ultra wealthy predecessors would. Same personalities for sure. Different costumes.
    Industry giants are still out there, the tech giants are just more visible and the current boogeyman. You canít even keep your labels straight. Are Gates et al tech overlords or industrial tycoons?

The old industrialists tried to soften their images too with charitable foundations and philanthropy. Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Hill etc. Power corrupts, nothing has changed.

You can’t even keep your labels straight. Are Gates et al tech overlords or industrial tycoons?
    Why not both? It's not an either/or descriptor.

The old industrialists tried to soften their images too with charitable foundations and philanthropy. Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Hill etc. Power corrupts, nothing has changed.
    Yeah. We all know that. So what's your point? Why you acting all defensive about Gates, huh? Should he be free from criticism or something? What's your angle here?

Why not both? It's not an either/or descriptor.

Yeah. We all know that. So what's your point? Why you acting all defensive about Gates, huh? Should he be free from criticism or something? What's your angle here?
    Iím not acting defensive about Gates, I couldnít care less about him. Iím just pointing out how you chime in with how youíve been saying this all along about Gates and the evil tech giants like youíre some kind of savant and the rest of us have been fawning over them. Youíre not particularly bright or insightful based on this and your posting in other politically and socially charged threads. What I see is that you really donít know what you donít know yet it seems that you think youíre quite brilliant. Iím sure youíre nice irl but like a really wise man once told me ďlisten more talk lessĒ.