Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    It would make picking a ski resort easier. Sort: descending.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Midway through this season, every chair suddenly had a cam strap attached to it, apparently so the seat bottoms could no longer be moved up (remember when they used to do that when it snowed overnight?). In their defense, rumor has it that there was an actual lawsuit over that one.
    The cam straps are a result of accidents like this.... If the seats can't flip up, no one can fall through and die. A cold ass beats a dead ass every time

Last edited by brutah; 05-12-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    The cam straps are a result of accidents like this.... If the seats can't flip up, no one can fall through and die. A cold ass beats a dead ass every time

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I figured they were a direct result of that incident, was it last year or two years ago, when they suddenly appeared at multiple Vail resorts halfway through the season. Hard to miss the ghetto-rigged bright orange cam strap around every chair.

Do you know for a fact that the predicament shown in this image was a result of the seat being up and resulted in a fatality?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Do you know for a fact that the predicament shown in this image was a result of the seat being up and resulted in a fatality?
    I don't believe the guy in the above image died, but someone died on the same chair (Big Sky Basin at Vail) in the same manner a few years later. The lawsuit was settled out of court I believe, but that was one of the negligent issues listed as a cause of dealth. That is, the seat pad had gone back up from the wind on the way back down to the bottom terminal and the lifty and skier failed to catch it. Skier sat down, fell through the seat and ended up suffocating before they could free them.

Obviously, the skier in the above issue doesn't have an obstructed airway. just a chaffed ass.

I think both incidents cost Vail millions in settlements and now they have cam straps to keep the seats down.

(Big Sky Basin at Vail) in the same manner a few years later.
    innit blue sky basin, my guy?
    swing your fucking sword.

I don't believe the guy in the above image died, but someone died on the same chair (Big Sky Basin at Vail) in the same manner a few years later. The lawsuit was settled out of court I believe, but that was one of the negligent issues listed as a cause of dealth. That is, the seat pad had gone back up from the wind on the way back down to the bottom terminal and the lifty and skier failed to catch it. Skier sat down, fell through the seat and ended up suffocating before they could free them.

Obviously, the skier in the above issue doesn't have an obstructed airway. just a chaffed ass.

I think both incidents cost Vail millions in settlements and now they have cam straps to keep the seats down.
    The one that resulted in the death was discussed quite a bit here but the story went cold. What do you know about the outcome and the settlement. I'm very interested in reading about it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    innit blue sky basin, my guy?
    JONG sky basin

https://coloradosun.com/2020/04/10/j...-death-report/

Resort guests tried unsuccessfully to form a human pyramid to push up Varnish’s legs and feet, the report said, noting the operator initially said he could not reverse the lift without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Interesting the coroner says nothing about the seat being up. Anyone know what really happened then? And what about these millions in settlements?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/18/us/va...ift/index.html
    Next time look it up yourself please.
    What about the settlements? Do you have a specific question?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/18/us/va...ift/index.html
    Next time look it up yourself please.
    What about the settlements? Do you have a specific question?
    What's up with the hostility?

Hostility? This is about as friendly as TGR gets.

SEARCH JONG!

Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    SEARCH JONG!

Is that better?
    Coroner makes no mention of chair being up.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    SEARCH JONG!

Is that better?
    Regarding settlement, the last I read in February of this year was that Varnish's lawyers were concerned about the implications of the decision in Charlotte Redden v. Clear Creek Skiing Corporation.

Well there’s your answers
    Was that so hard?

Coroner makes no mention of chair being up.
    you read the coroner's report?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    you read the coroner's report?
    see post #84

see post #84
    That's a newspaper report. There is one sentence about what the coroner said--cause of death. Nothing in the newspaper article in which the coroner mentions the mechanism of death or the circumstances leading up to the death. You cannot base your opinion about what is or is not known about anything on a brief news article. That is how a lot of misinformation gets started. I showed you a more contemporary article about the event, which you ignored, but of course that article can't be considered complete either. If you actually care about knowing what happened do your own research. If you're just being a troll, go away. We already have enough trolls. If that sounds hostile it's because it is. I'm tired of dealing with people who lack even basic critical thinking skills.