Longshot: full set of beginner/intermediate LH golf clubs

I am a terrible golfer. I want to become a bad golfer. I have a set of atrociously bad clubs that are no less than 2 decades old and were crap when they were new. Kinda curious if anyone out there has any leads or clubs- know a lot of ski folk become golf folk right around now.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/forum/70-leftys-swap-shop/

Also plenty of used sets at golf big box stores and you may get a little advice there, perhaps hit some balls in their fitting booths. You need to know what your swing speed and tempo is so you can get the correct stiffness of the shafts. Iron technology doesn't change much so an older set of Taylormade, Ping or Callaway cavity backed irons (PW-5i) is a great starting point. Get a real sand wedge(56 degree), not the clunky ones from the cavity backed set. You don't need a driver, 3 wood will do (loft is your friend), and a hybrid. Don't spend a lot on a putter, yet. Another great place to look is mfg web pages for used clubs. Used balls are also available online.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/180...ged-irons-6-p/

^60 g regular shaft......for a smooth tempo, slow swinger

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/forum/70-leftys-swap-shop/

Also plenty of used sets at golf big box stores and you may get a little advice there, perhaps hit some balls in their fitting booths. You need to know what your swing speed and tempo is so you can get the correct stiffness of the shafts. Iron technology doesn't change much so an older set of Taylormade, Ping or Callaway cavity backed irons (PW-5i) is a great starting point. Get a real sand wedge(56 degree), not the clunky ones from the cavity backed set. You don't need a driver, 3 wood will do (loft is your friend), and a hybrid. Don't spend a lot on a putter, yet. Another great place to look is mfg web pages for used clubs. Used balls are also available online.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/180...ged-irons-6-p/

^60 g regular shaft......for a smooth tempo, slow swinger
    Solid starting points- thx

As a fellow southpaw, LH is a key part of that title/limited selection

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Your grandfather didn’t force you to learn to swing RH because “it’ll be cheaper in the long run”? I thought that happened to all of us southpaws....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

As a bad golfer, and fellow lefty, I find that I drive better from the right. I don't hit the ball further, but I goes straighter.
    Also, having both handed clubs in your bag is handy in the rough or the sand.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

sent you a pm

golfwrx is like the TGR of golf, at least with the knowledge and rabid obsession parts
    Aggressive in my own mind

Oh 1 more point. Counterfeit clubs are more widespread than pretty much any sporting goods that I'm aware of.

true, but with some information one can avoid.
    I've done a lot of buying on ebay and golfwrx.

If it's too good to be true...
    Aggressive in my own mind