Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stupid things your kids have done.

Some of you might have seen my well story in another thread, and we had to dig a giant fucking hole to get a rock out of the valve key pipe that my kids dropped down there a while back. Grr. I got home and told them the story. Don't put rocks in pipes.

Well, back in salt lake. Fucking with my sprinklers, and went to turn the water valve. Cpa in on the ground next to the pipe. Put the key in, feels like rocks. Shine light in there. Fuck. rocks. 5 year admitted drop dropping rocks down there. What the fuck. Any idea how to get the rocks out without digging a giant fucking hole?

What things have your kids done that royally pissed you off?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I'm thinking a shit load of hot glue on the end of the key, get it in there fast, let it sit and cool off, pull rock out?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

My kid and his friend filled the furnace exhaust pipe with rocks about 15 years ago that resulted in a $200 service call when the furnace wouldn't work. Luckily it wasn't my house, his friends House.
    Wait till they start driving and come home with random dings and dents with the nonchalant, "I never seen that dent before"

https://www.newconcepttools.com/prod...x-cleaner-clam

Maybe this if you know someone that has.

Got two of em. Can't seem to get the others to budge. Looks to be several more in there.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

i know that when i was like four, i shaved our labrador. parents were not too happy.
    swing your fucking sword.

Victory is mine! The tool, a hook, pvc with a couple allen keys taped, that managed to get a couple out, but was inefficient. So, then I busted out the shop vac, pvc, and tape. Viola, stir with key, suck out rocks, stir with key, suck out rocks. Got 6 in total. Little fuckers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210501_162810.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	373243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210501_162731.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	373244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210501_162736.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	373245

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

When I was a wee tike I decided it'd be smart to fill the hubcaps of my parents's car with gravel. They were convinced they had a catastrophic wheel bearing failure and limped it in to the shop to find....rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    When I was a wee tike I decided it'd be smart to fill the hubcaps of my parents's car with gravel. They were convinced they had a catastrophic wheel bearing failure and limped it in to the shop to find....rocks.
    ROCKS! GRRR.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    ROCKS! GRRR.

sent from Utah.
    30 fucking years later and I still hear that damn story. Following my dad's template at least you will be able to bitch about it to them until 2051?

I would be concerned about any child who wasn't curious enough about a deep dark hole to throw something in it. i still want to do that but now my curiosity usually involves wondering what would happen if I threw a something with a lit fuse in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I would be concerned about any child who wasn't curious enough about a deep dark hole to throw something in it. i still want to do that but now my curiosity usually involves wondering what would happen if I threw a something with a lit fuse in it.
    Fair.

What stoopid shit did my oldest daughter not do? The one I will remember until the day I die is her at 13 not coming home for dinner (major no no) then not home by bed time. I knew she was with her shit head 18 year old boy friend and I went to sleep praying she did not die painfully.
    Got a call at about 7am from the coast guard that they rescued them from the tip of Point Loma. Apparently they went sailing in a friends parents nice sail boat (that they totaled) and fucked it up in the storm surf (o ya, big storm that night) crashed it up on the reef.
    The Coast Guard said they were lucky is was a super low tide for them to scramble up on the rocks or they would of drown out there.
    Needless to say Mr. Shithead was told I would kill him if I ever heard of him again and she was grounded forever.
    Man I loved raising kids. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What stoopid shit did my oldest daughter not do? The one I will remember until the day I die is her at 13 not coming home for dinner (major no no) then not home by bed time. I knew she was with her shit head 18 year old boy friend and I went to sleep praying she did not die painfully.
    Got a call at about 7am from the coast guard that they rescued them from the tip of Point Loma. Apparently they went sailing in a friends parents nice sail boat (that they totaled) and fucked it up in the storm surf (o ya, big storm that night) crashed it up on the reef.
    The Coast Guard said they were lucky is was a super low tide for them to scramble up on the rocks or they would of drown out there.
    Needless to say Mr. Shithead was told I would kill him if I ever heard of him again and she was grounded forever.
    you might win the thread.

also, what kind of 18 y/o is fkn round with a girl of that age?

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    you might win the thread.

This....

A YUGE POS obviously. Funny thing is like 12 years later we are in the grocery store and see Mr Homeless coming our way down the aisle. Man did she turn around and leave fast, where as I gave his puzzled face the finger.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    funny, my thought was, how big of boobs does a girl that age have to have for an 18 yr old to try to fk around with her?

but I guess the answer is as obvious as the answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    My dad (RIP) told the story of when I didn’t want to go for a ride in one of his cars. Interrogation revealed I put “two and a rock” in the gas tank.
    He thought nothing of it and took off. Got about two miles away and it crapped out.
    Friend helped him tow it home where he dropped the gas tank and cleaned it out, and rebuilt the carburetors. Got three miles from home before it crapped out.
    So he replaced the fuel pump and gas line.
    After that it ran OK unless he put his foot in it. Then it would stall for 2-3 sec before taking off
    So he sold it.
    He figured out the “two” was handfuls of sand/dirt.

This thread has me knocking on wood. I'm guessing it cover <=18 yo? Everything my kids have done so far is pedestrian. Stuff in the VCR, pooping in the closet at age 2, normal stuff. Some of it was even funny, like thing#3 riding off the deck last year on his snowboard, shirtless, with a flaming torch, wearing a KFC bucket on his head and launching the kicker he and his friend built. I was proud. And no alkyhol was involved. Which is funny. His latest trick now that he's 16 and has a license was pulling onto the lawn to turn around and burying the drive wheels to the axels. The lawn is soft after the snow melts. Now he knows.

My 9 y/o comes back from ski club with a depression in the sidewall of her one ski. Complete delamination and like a toonie sized notch out of the side of her ski mid way from the boot toe to the tip. I am not even mad ‘causing skiing things happen when skiing- just really curious and it sounds like it should be a great story. Nope- she has no clue how it happened. Took it to my buddy at the ski shop as a joke- apparently she was just skiing along!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    come on where's the stereo story? that was one of your daughters wasn't it?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    come on where's the stereo story? that was one of your daughters wasn't it?
    That was the youngest who blew out a channel and the left speaker by obviously cranking it up to high because she didn't know how to use the system. Denies it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Victory is mine! The tool, a hook, pvc with a couple allen keys taped, that managed to get a couple out, but was inefficient. So, then I busted out the shop vac, pvc, and tape. Viola, stir with key, suck out rocks, stir with key, suck out rocks. Got 6 in total. Little fuckers.

sent from Utah.
    EVERYTHING about this story is cracking me up. Everything.

So I consulted with my dad on this one and he gave quite a few example but perhaps the best was the time he got pulled over by a statey doing at least 20 over. I was still in my booster seat in the back and when the trooper got to the window and asked my dad how fast he was going in the prickish way that they do, I blurted out, “he was going 80!”
    Guy looked at me in the back, chuckled, and told us to have a good night.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    EVERYTHING about this story is cracking me up. Everything.
    You have no idea how happy I was not to have to do this again to get the rocks out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1343-1.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	373383

sent from Utah.
    sigless.