Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Ha!

How do I set up a crypto currency? How hard is it? Seems like there could be tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of crypto's? Maybe there are and just a few that make it to the big leagues?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Great way to invest?
    It is a gambling thing for me and I’m learning as I go. I bought Doge a few months ago and I’m still up about 50% so whatever. Not like I’m gambling my nest egg away on a joke crypto. That’s what Bitcoin is for!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    How do I set up a crypto currency? How hard is it? Seems like there could be tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of crypto's? Maybe there are and just a few that make it to the big leagues?
    These guys can help you get started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhUnEg0he4A

Per the advice I was given here, I started with Gemini. They hold your hand pretty well to get you started. Excellent trading service IMO, but kind of limited to all the biggest crypto players. I also got on Kraken to play around with all the silly alt-coins. Not as good of an interface and was way harder to get my initial funds going, but they've since rectified that. It's improved a lot since I started, but I still like Gemini more out of the two. Check 'em out here if you're interested:
    https://www.gemini.com/
    https://www.kraken.com/en-us/
    Gemini recently added Doge, so that's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Per the advice I was given here, I started with Gemini. They hold your hand pretty well to get you started. Excellent trading service IMO, but kind of limited to all the biggest crypto players. I also got on Kraken to play around with all the silly alt-coins. Not as good of an interface and was way harder to get my initial funds going, but they've since rectified that. It's improved a lot since I started, but I still like Gemini more out of the two. Check 'em out here if you're interested:
    https://www.gemini.com/
    https://www.kraken.com/en-us/
    Gemini recently added Doge, so that's fun!
    Now, I just need to come up with a clever name for my Crypto. Is Kryptonite taken?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Most cryptocurrency code is open source, so with some skill you could copy and paste. Toadcoin

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Animal themed coins are best - maybe “maggot coin” might catch on. You’ve got a captive audience here who can drive the coordinated pump and dump.

Or call it “fuck you Elon” coin and all the butt hurt crypto meme chasers will pile on board.

Elon just announced a Space-X mission next year that will be paid for with Dogecoin. To the moon! Wtf? Haha

Now, I just need to come up with a clever name for my Crypto. Is Kryptonite taken?
    Oh! Sorry. Thought you meant how to set up a crypto ACCOUNT. You're talking about actually MAKING a cryptocoin. My bad. I know nothing about how any of that works. Whatever you make, I'll toss a few bucks at it for fun! Bennymac's suggestion of "maggot coin" is not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Oh! Sorry. Thought you meant how to set up a crypto ACCOUNT. You're talking about actually MAKING a cryptocoin. My bad. I know nothing about how any of that works. Whatever you make, I'll toss a few bucks at it for fun! Bennymac's suggestion of "maggot coin" is not bad!
    My bad. I should have been more clear in my request. I definitely think a maggot coin would be cool. It would create internet street cred for the true maggot/maggete. Then those of us who own maggot coin could look down with distain on those that feel maggot coins were nothing more than a get rich quick ponzi scheme.

My bad. I should have been more clear in my request. I definitely think a maggot coin would be cool. It would create internet street cred for the true maggot/maggete. Then those of us who own maggot coin could look down with distain on those that feel maggot coins were nothing more than a get rich quick ponzi scheme.
    Ok. You have seriously piqued my interest. If Doge can be a "joke" coin, then why not Maggot Coin?! We can all buy in at like 0.0000000000001 cents, then watch as it somehow catches on with the media and people wanting in on something fun. Hit's a fraction of a penny and we're rich! Haha. Now to come up with a cool logo. Maggot Coin. It's a good one! It's almost absurd enough that it just might work! The shiba inu has the cute factor. Maggots are kind of the complete opposite of that, which makes it ironic and hilarious. I guarantee that many in the non-skiing community will get a crack out of Maggot Coin. I wonder how we can get it listed on an exchange like Kraken?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...osper-and-fall

talks about costs of making, listing and then shilling your coin through paid shills/YouTube promoters

Article isn’t well written but the costs are in there

You call it maggot coin but you make it a cute cartoon worm with a smile on its face = profit.

Id go with Pyramidio

Is Kryptonite taken?
    Is Kleptocoin taken?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Animal themed coins are best - maybe “maggot coin” might catch on. You’ve got a captive audience here who can drive the coordinated pump and dump.

Or call it “fuck you Elon” coin and all the butt hurt crypto meme chasers will pile on board.
    Fucking amateur.

Change for a Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Fucking amateur.

Change for a Nickel
    Too long. But it makes a catchy tag phrase for this pending scamcoin. Once Maggot coin gets to 5 cents in value we will dump it and all be millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Fucking amateur.

Change for a Nickel
    Now it's got change for a Maggot coin? I like the idea of some type of a cute, fuzzy creature on the face of a coin. Or I suppose an actual maggot on the coin could spark some interest.

Name:  500_F_48996170_UneR3Uqo8izISa4hIrM8xiPVQiAmr2IB.jpeg
Views: 514
Size:  37.3 KB

There literally used to be a maggot shirt with an adorable cartoon maggot on it. I might even still have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Name:  500_F_48996170_UneR3Uqo8izISa4hIrM8xiPVQiAmr2IB.jpeg
Views: 514
Size:  37.3 KB
    And then he turns into a cocoon. 6 months later he's a maggot skier!

Now it's got change for a Maggot coin?
    Haha. Nice! Will be the ultimate chair lift conversation starter. Some serious TGR street cred if you actually do end up having change for a Magcoin.

Or I suppose an actual maggot on the coin could spark some interest.
    I love that idea. Let's go for gross. Might be more effective to catch the attention of the masses.

Well this is crazy. Got to love the go for broke, risk taking mentality.

https://www.yahoo.com/money/dogecoin...192209168.html

What could have been a low-risk sale of a Rhode Island plot of land has turned into a wild bet on the price of the meme-inspired cryptocurrency dogecoin.

Earlier this month, on behalf of a client, realtor Kyle Seyboth accepted an offer of 160,000 dogecoins (DOGE-USD) — worth about $50,000 (or around $0.31 per digital coin) at the time — in exchange for the residential plot.

Then the wild ride began.

By the time the contract was drawn up on May 8, the 160,000 dogecoins were worth $116,000 (or around $0.72 per digital coin) — meaning the seller of the land was up big on the deal.

Dogecoin's inflation decreases with time and is designed to make up for lost coins and encourage use (prevent hoarding). It is 4% per year right now. In 40 years from now it will be just 1.5%. This isn't a bad idea if you ask me.

Name:  2SH00f0.png
Views: 260
Size:  11.4 KB
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Elon was in contact with the Doge devs since 2019. He was buying at $0.001 - to $0.002 back then. He knows he will make money even at 2 cents per doge. That is why he has diamond hands. He doesn't want the bad PR from selling. He'll slowly unwind below $0.01. The devs seem 'somewhat enthused' but otherwise resistant to outside influence. This will still move slow for them. Out of thousands of cryptos, Dogecoin is the only real meme-coin. Nothing says 'fuck you' to oversold underdeveloped tokens with tons of influencers than a cute dog with basic functionality.

It might eventually just get pegged to the US dollar and never rise higher. The doge may be the only coin that survives 50+ years from now. The functionality is identical to BTC. Without the fees or the lag or the environmental cost. Who knew? I'll be loading up at 1 cent, this year, next year, or the year after. No one knew Elon had been in contact with the devs. Word is getting out. They will actually pilfer more from BTC and ETH and keep the cute shib a viable option going forward.

PS - Send doge: DT15sE5oR8AMSkrTkL2HQ6CrFYwu2vGUAq. Money will be used to feed the homeless around here.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er