Triple Crown 2021 Thread

Ok, we haven't had a new Triple Crown thread since 2017 according to the box fan so here goes.

Welcome back to live racing with a packed house. I'm excited for this weekend's Derby, even going to a party for the first time in two years (fully vaxed peeps before some wet blanket chimes in).

Full 20 horse field and damn if Bourbonic isn't the greatest name for a horse ever. 30-1 Todd Pletcher Kentucky horse owned by Calumet Farm to boot.

No one likes to drink alone so right there with him is Midnight Bourbon at 20-1.

And of course, what goes better with some brown water than some Hidden Stash? At 50-1 of course the stoner horse is slow.

It's like TGR got to name the field this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/ne...unveils-picks/
    I still call it The Jake.

5th horse of Baffert’s to test positive in the last 6 months, and this one could strip him of his record setting Derby title.

That’s insane. In a sport where you are not trying if you’re not cheating, that’s remarkable for someone of his stature.

His “excuse” is also so unbelievable it’s akin to a sixteen year old explaining away a positive dope test on second hand smoke. From a random passerby. By edible.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/ne...led-drug-test/

That sport is so crooked it makes boxing look entirely legit by comparison.

^^^ Like cycling...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

^^^^like baseball too

Maybe OJ can help him find the real culprit.

The rogue cough-syrup straw pisser?

I’ll take Juice’s odds of finding the real killer over that.

OK, so they can disqualify the horse and give the win to the runner up, but what happens to all the bets? Sorry if that was explained in the link I didn’t read.

Toothpaste out of the tube. Bets are paid and done for and won't be re-allocated.

Baffert (through his attorney) now says that a therapeutic cream was the likely cause of the steroid in Medina Spirit's system on Derby Day.

Wonder if this means that the search is off for the handler who ingested cough syrup, then pissed on Spirit's straw in his stall, which he then ate.

It never ceases to amaze me when someone who is so established and high profile just self immolates in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Baffert (through his attorney) now says that a therapeutic cream was the likely cause of the steroid in Medina Spirit's system on Derby Day.

Wonder if this means that the search is off for the handler who ingested cough syrup, then pissed on Spirit's straw in his stall, which he then ate.

It never ceases to amaze me when someone who is so established and high profile just self immolates in real time.
    In a sport as regulated as this one, we're supposed to believe that they unwittingly applied a medical treatment that contained a banned substance?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    In a sport as regulated as this one, we're supposed to believe that they unwittingly applied a medical treatment that contained a banned substance?
    Right? And is that any better than the cough syrup straw pisser? What thoroughbred eats pissed on straw?

"Here we are at the Derby, millions of dollars and fame on the line, lemme just reach into this grab bag of random salves and ointments and slap it on the horse, I'm sure it's fine."

Bob Baffert is digging himself a sideways hole.

Is dermatitis a big problem among thoroughbreds? Seems like a plausible deniability excuse to have performance enhancers end up in a horse's system.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Triple Crown 2021 Thread

Name:  Image1620753871.208828.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  71.8 KB
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Fuck that's perfect.

Well played, Harold

My damn derby party was cancelled again this year. Next year's bettor's pamphlet will be dedicated to the memory of Baffert and the fall guy who will be fired for having pissed hot substances into Medina's food. What an absolutely absurd claim.

Medina Spirit heads to the Preakness without Baffert:

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...eakness-stakes

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Medina Spirit heads to the Preakness without Baffert:

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...eakness-stakes
    That's crazy. Fricking horse racing. I would think the rest of the horse trainers and owners would be pissed. Anyone interviewed the other horses to see how they feel?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Here we go.

Let’s see if the controversy gets deeper with a Medina Spirit win.

Any of u EC mags ever go to the Preakness “infield” back in the day...? I had a nice run of about 6 years in a row? 93-99’ I believe.

Looks like we won’t be seeing Bob’s silvery locks anytime soon.

https://abc7chicago.com/10733456/?ex...jFYzrhLdgZBBfw

^^^I'll drink to that.