Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Look at bike flights if you can be without your bike for a few days.
    Or take a private jet
    Shipbikes is cheaper.

delta two days ago with a ~ 2018 evoc bag - so far so good $40 from reno to boston, bag was just under 50 lbs and bike came through no worse for the trip
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

^^^awesome. we fly delta to the east coast so good to know! and appreciate the feedback!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Flew DEN - SFO with my MTB in an EVOC bike bag last weekend. Flight was booked last minute on United Airlines. The bag weighed 50lbs on the dot but they still charged me $150 leaving Denver. When I complained that it should fly free since it met their stated weight threshold, the gate agent insisted the weight didn't matter because L+W+H > 64". I said that was ridiculous since no bike would ever qualify, and she obnoxiously asked me if I had ever heard of a folding bike. AMEX will end up paying for it, but still,

On the way home I got the bag even lighter - 49.5lbs. The gate agent said "oh, nice and light," and took it, no cost. Still, fuck United Airlines.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

This matches up with my United + bike experiences. Hard to argue with random check in agent enforcing random “rules” when your flight is leaving soon.

Yup, exactly. I guess I should have mentioned that the bag worked perfectly - was light, easy to pack, maneuverable, and with the help of a little foam padding, very protective.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.